Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Small dog booster seat for vanagon
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
furrylittleotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Small dog booster seat for vanagon Reply with quote

We adopted this small dog and she rides fine with my GF in the van but got a little nervous in the seat with just me driving so instead of dropping $89 on a Martha Stuart dog car seat I dropped $20 at Cost Plus World market on this basket (with lid), threw a pillow in the bottom , strapped it in using the factory seat belt and VOILA!

Bobbie likes it and no longer jumps down and hides under my feet while I am driving. She likes it so much every time I inadvertently leave the door open she climbs in and expects to be taken somewhere, her favorite places being the pet shop and the dog park, not so much the vet.

It also fits between the front seats.

As a bonus, if it is too hot to leave her in the van and we need to smuggle her in a shop now and then we can remove the pillow, put her in and close the lid, put her in a shopping cart and do our shopping. (it has handle/holes)

Neil2
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Uncle Lon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea to think of the pooch. If I'm working outside on one of the Westies, Jazzydog will get in and sit in the seat for hours. You know, just so she's ready in case anyone wants to take a drive.

Lon
furrylittleotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Lon wrote:
Nice idea to think of the pooch. If I'm working outside on one of the Westies, Jazzydog will get in and sit in the seat for hours. You know, just so she's ready in case anyone wants to take a drive.

Lon

She is a great reminder to never take myself too seriously.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanonimous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fix and dogs love Vanagons maybe because of such a good vantage point. We are currently trying to figure out if Vanagon people like dogs or if dog people love Vanagons? This evening's discussion by the fire. Laughing

Lighting upgrades: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=578291
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: