Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mario Gavazzi aka: Vintagewerks in North Carolina
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RileyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario has left the area and no one knows where he is but not before he took me for $750, as a deposit for work on my car. Fortunately for me he did order some parts, which remained at the shop for the next owner to install, which he did after insisting I needed a new engine.

This shop while no longer having the same name hasn't gotten much better. They had my car for 5 months to paint it and tore apart so I could not remove it. I guess that's where they get you. They've got it all torn down. I negotiated with the new owners for a paint job and repair to the heater, as well as many little annoying problems.

The paint job was not cheap, $2200 and is not a thorough perfect paint job. He did not fix my heater which he was given $200 additional and my car was returned to me NOT road worthy. Most of the lights didn't work, the fuel guage, the horn, and my windshield wipers, all came back not working when they all worked before. The evening I drove it home I saw that there was a short, the car wouldn't stop running. I called the proprietor to no avail. He did not answer the call or return my call. I managed through the internet to figure out there was a short and fixed it myself. For the next few days I called the proprietor again and again, no return call and he will not pick up my calls. I go to his shop, I have no other choice, and ask that they fix the problems they made. He accepts no responsibility for any of it offering these cars have shorting problems.

The point is my car should have been returned to me in as good of condition as it was received and it didn't. When I asked him why he would not return my phone calls he said he didn't have my phone number, although we had spoken several times via cell phones. My last visit there I told him I needed to talk to him about my car. He was immediately offended and asked me to leave the property. It is not unusual to be angry when someone has taken your money and then won't return your calls when there are problems. these guys are living in lala land. They think we are blessed to have them work on our cars and should be greatful for whatever they manage to do. Forget the emails I have stating what we agreed to, his response was whatever. He specifically told me on my fix it list were the windshield wipers. I told him, no they weren't we had just had them fixed. I asked him to get the list. He reads the list and no windshield wipers are on it. His response, "Whatever".

He professes that they put many new "free" parts on my car. I question whether that is true and even if it were true that was his decision and not one he asked me permission for. What I paid him for I did not receive.

So the shop located at 1779 West Webb Avenue, Burlington, NC still remains in shaddy hands and I would run. No one at this shop keeps there word even if it is in writing.

PS Single mother of two kids, recentlly out of work and he played with me. Everyone else BEWARE!

Last edited by RileyBug on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure to start a new thread in this forum with the current business name, so the shop gets it's "due credit"..... Wink

GEX has. Just sayin
newVdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Met the new owners Reply with quote

The new owners have changed the name. They seem like really nice people. I met them at the Greensboro show at Piedmont Dragway. I got to see the shop and it seems like they are really trying to get the place in shape. I saw some of their work and I am thinking of buying one of their VW's. I know there is a lot of bad blood, but I think things will be good. Eddie is a really nice guy. I'm going to give them a chance, I will let everyone know how it turns out.
RileyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Eddie Reply with quote

Be extremely careful and be ready to pursue legal action. I'm guessing you didn't read my post. These people stole money from me, stole parts I had in the care and my bug has serious electrical problems because they carelessly put it back together. They did not complete the work they were paid for and expected me to be happy with what I got.

Additionally, the paint job isn't holding up and I've only had it home a few weeks. There is a bubble on the hood and what look like the beginning of chips also. You are setting yourself up for disappointment and being ripped off.

He did seem like a reasonably nice guy but that changes when he has your money and he won't return your phone calls. Then he told me I needed to call to set up an appointment so they could fix it. How do you set up an appointment for them to fix it if he won't return your phone calls?

BEWARE!
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really amazed that anyone would try to continue to run a VW shop at that tainted location.
Bart Dunn
Samba Consiglieri

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeL wrote:
I'm really amazed that anyone would try to continue to run a VW shop at that tainted location.

It's like making a go of "Love Canal Organic Farm."
RileyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Bait and Switch Reply with quote

newvdub reported back to me that these people endeavored to perform a bait and switch on him, which is was smart enough to not do. He agrees there is something definitely slimmy about this shop. Beware!
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you do not deal with this turd
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's in Miami, doing boat stuff now. At least he'll feel at home with all the fiberglass and bondo.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Mario G. still lurks on RAMVA Reply with quote

Restoration is still in Mario's blood. Rolling Eyes
I know that most of you don't have Newsgroups access, so here is a Google link to Mario's latest RAMVA post from six weeks ago.

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled/jAu2TdMuuHY/discussion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clearsurf2001
Samba Vaccinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mario G. still lurks on RAMVA Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
Restoration is still in Mario's blood. Rolling Eyes
I know that most of you don't have Newsgroups access, so here is a Google link to Mario's latest RAMVA post from six weeks ago.

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled/jAu2TdMuuHY/discussion

Guess he hasn't given up sniffing glue either ...
mharney wrote:

I think Glenn has an EMPI crank in his engine.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's "privet island"? Is that near Atlantis?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Where's "privet island"? Is that near Atlantis?

Is his job to run out and exclaim "Da plane, da plane!"?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Jump to:
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: