Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EMPIImp69 - [email protected] - Rob
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: EMPIImp69
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 05, 2023
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: EMPIImp69 - [email protected] - Rob Reply with quote

Just completed a 6 month deal with Rob for a set of slotted wheels for a Buggy. Email correspondence was good.
I sent a deposit to hold until I could pick these up in the summer. Never once did he complain or indicate it was going to be an issue holding or meeting.
I was not able to pick these up, but my parents were. I sent the remainder of the payment in cash with them. Rob met my parents at his work and helped load them up for the return trip. Once I received these back home, I noticed the front tires were not the ones advertised in the ad. They had been changed to a different brand and size and what appeared to be recently. I called Rob to first thank him for holding, meeting and helping my parents load the wheels. I then asked what happened to the front tires advertised? He said they were dry and didn't feel comfortable selling me the ones in the listing. Ok .... but at no time during the month previous to picking these up was a dry tire issue mentioned in any of the emails or that a brand and size change were in the works. Yes I wanted a partial credit for only receiving 3/4 of what Rob had advertised, and yes I asked. Only because my brother had added money into the deal to receive the tires listed in the ad. He basically said I got a good deal. His defense... he was busy. No quick call, no quick email, No Nothing.

Not completely dissatisfied with the purchase. The wheels were decent as advertised, and will look great on our Buggy.
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kalapaki Papa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Rob [email protected] EMPIImp69 Reply with quote

Rod sold me a set of billit runningboards. Exactly as described and shipped quickly. Very Happy Many thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some off road parts from Robert and I am very satisfied. Good communication and quick shipping, parts as described.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
larryho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert is a friendly and nice guy to work with. We did a deal and he was very helpful throughout. Communication was excellent and shipment done quickly. There was some delays in the postage tracking and Robert was very helpful and communicated with USPS. The package arrived safely today.
It's sellers like Robert that makes internet purchases and international deals that much more interesting and problem free.
Thank you Robert. Looking forward to more deals with you.

Larry
Bilyjax50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: good seller Reply with quote

I just bought a set of mud/snow tires from Rob -- they were shipped fast and exactly as stated in ad -- thanks !
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought a few things from Rob. He's always been very friendly and helpful.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
saltysurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a 65' dash clip that was better than described and was nicer than the picture. Great communication, fast replies on correspondences, and super quick shipping. A pleasure to do business with. Others have noted the same.. a trustworthy fellow Dubber. Buy with confidence if he's selling what you're looking for.

Best,

Michael
Benfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought and received a very nice taillight. It was better then the pictures and Rob shipped it out very fast. Thanks again!
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a pair of brake drums, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1552396

Correspondence was good, shipped out quick, one of the brake drums although was scrap. Totally unusable, severely pitted, too thin to turn. We shipped a piece of garbage from New Jersey to CA....

Nothing wrong with this side except the paint

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

heres the suprise

Whos gonna run that????? Mad
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you complained to him and he did not resolve it?
If not, email me if you want me to contact him or email him a link to what you just posted.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I'm assuming you complained to him and he did not resolve it?
If not, email me if you want me to contact him or email him a link to what you just posted.

I have tried contacting him and I sent a picture of the drum. No response. I assume it was deliberate because the outside of the drum was cleaned and painted. Since it is not worth shipping the drum back to New Jersey I will take it as a loss. Thanks Everett.
marklaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a steel wheel balancer plate from Rob - good communication and fast shipping. The part is very solid and will allow me to manually mount tires on wide 5 rims and balance them using a manual tire mounter and static wheel balancer.

'65 rear left beetle fender

15" Bus Wheels in fair condition

Mark Laken
Fort Collins, CO
Jonce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Wide 5 Wheel balancer Reply with quote

Ordered a few Wheel balancers at one time for a group purchase. Got them all in good condition before the show and was able to hand them out to all the guys there.
Good Price, Quality and communication.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Zwitterkafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a wheel balancer from Rob, and he was fine with bringing it to Flanders for pick-up. Good communication, and the part is well made and robust. Thanks Rob!
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great price. As described. Fast shipper.
Thank you
bobmac57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a wide five adapter plate from Rob. He was excellent to communicate with, and the plate looks great. Just what I needed! I was very pleased with the entire transaction and I hope to work with Rob again!
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd accept a discount a a balancer to make up for the drums? Rolling Eyes
stvn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: EMPIImp69 - [email protected] - Rob Reply with quote

My purchase of an early 60s steering wheel I made from Robert was one of my smoothest on The Samba. He worked with me on pricing to include shipping in his advertised price. His communication was excellent and shipped very quickly . I would not hesitate to deal with him again.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: EMPIImp69 - [email protected] - Rob Reply with quote

I just bought his wide 5 balancer. Shipping was REALLY fast and quality was good. Want to know how good? I weighed out 5 matching lug nuts on a shipping scale. Then took the adapter to school where we have a laser wheel balancer. I spun up the adapter by itself, and it was perfectly balanced. If it was the slightest out of round, the machine would of picked it up.
Quality is great with his adapter. Try finding one somewhere else...good luck. Buy this once and forget about it!! Thanks again!!

Scott
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: EMPIImp69 - [email protected] - Rob Reply with quote

Great transaction, honest buyer, no problems here
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: