Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

To Faux Pigalle or to not? (photoshop'd interior)
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

To Faux Pigalle or to not?
Yep
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Not
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
maybe
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Nate M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Nate M. wrote:
Is this pay back for the April fools joke you fell for way back in 2000?? Laughing Cool

I don't remember that.

Back in 2000 or 2001 I made a post on the Vintagebus board (I think) about finding a stash of parts that were in a poll-barn that were owned by a guy who used to work at or own a VW camper conversion company back in the late 50s, into the mid 60s. The "stash" included something like 8 middle seats, several cab dividers, and like 7 complete rear bumpers among a list of parts (just those hard to find stuff that bus guys salivate over Laughing ) and that all the parts take-offs back in the day and basically NOS. I was careful to make the numbers low enough to be believable. . . You were among about 200+ folks I received e-mails within about 2 hours of the my post. Nearly everyone had wishlists and requests for the parts. After about 3 hours people began to get skeptical and began to call B.S. to my post when they put the date and the claim together. I just sat back and laughed my ass off as the posts and e-mails rolled-in. It was funny as hell for me anyway. This was all when I lived down in Cali. You, Thom, Uncle Jess and countless others fell for it, well for a few hours anyway. Laughing Even back then, the internet was a powerful thing.

Nate M.

Squarsche build
Heavy Metal Affliction feature

For heaven's sake, put a type4 and a Porsche 5-speed in there. . . It's the right thing to do!!
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... the Legend of the Perpetrator Pig!

When I was gathering parts for my black fastback, it needed a dashpad and everything else anyways, and a pig dash pad came up for sale. Some knobs and e-brake boot and seat bases, too. (you can just paint those anyhow)

Send away to Koch's for to have your steering wheel converted, and Mario S has an NOS pigalle column for sale...

In the end, I kept my car just a regular black interior only because it is a 67, and they only had pig in 66.

Many thought like Nate back in the day, and yanked out a lot of the pig interior stuff.
There was a lot of it at the last classic I went to.
I went and bought it all, not really knowing why.
Still have a set of Z armrests in red sitting here....

What’s That Noise?!?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate M. wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Nate M. wrote:
Is this pay back for the April fools joke you fell for way back in 2000?? Laughing Cool

I don't remember that.

Back in 2000 or 2001 I made a post on the Vintagebus board (I think) about finding a stash of parts that were in a poll-barn that were owned by a guy who used to work at or own a VW camper conversion company back in the late 50s, into the mid 60s. The "stash" included something like 8 middle seats, several cab dividers, and like 7 complete rear bumpers among a list of parts (just those hard to find stuff that bus guys salivate over Laughing ) and that all the parts take-offs back in the day and basically NOS. I was careful to make the numbers low enough to be believable. . . You were among about 200+ folks I received e-mails within about 2 hours of the my post. Nearly everyone had wishlists and requests for the parts. After about 3 hours people began to get skeptical and began to call B.S. to my post when they put the date and the claim together. I just sat back and laughed my ass off as the posts and e-mails rolled-in. It was funny as hell for me anyway. This was all when I lived down in Cali. You, Thom, Uncle Jess and countless others fell for it, well for a few hours anyway. Laughing Even back then, the internet was a powerful thing.

Cool, that was a pretty good April fools joke.

Yep, the counts sound realistic to me as I have seen or heard of similar things in the past. I know someone that found at least 5 "new" middle seats that were pulled out for camper kits and stored, someone else that had 8-10 cab dividers they found in a storage container (I have one), I personally used to have 4 NOS Type 3 tow hitches, and so on. Nice work.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tim3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why I like pigalle is I used to have a 62 corvair with only 90k on it and it was all red interior... i got so much tail with that car.. lol

My old corvair:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

oh and just to keep this type 3 my old notchback was a magnet too as seen here (though it had all black tweed interior)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: