Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Robert Chambers - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Robert Chambers
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 26, 2024
Tbone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently bought a door handle from Robert.

I had a very good buying experience. Excellent e-mail communication, the part was as described in the ad; the shipping was quick and packaged neatly!

Thank you Robert.

Ted
tomas persson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought a complete new interior from Robert. Very fast shipping and accurate e-mail communication.

I might do business again some time...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kalapaki Papa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Robert Chambers Reply with quote

I emailed Robert about some parts he had listed....fast to reply and we quickly struck a deal! Parts arrived as described and I'm 100% satisfied. I'd not hesitate to buy from Robert again. Very Happy
Mahalo and Aloha! Jeff
61 L380 sedan
62 SO33 L380
63 standard micro
63 cabrio
64 KG coupe
64 sedan
66 sedan
67 beetle
70 empi GTV
70 VWOA Formula Vee
73 Economotors super beetle
74 GSR / German look rally tribute super beetle
76 cabrio
& a bunch of non-vw rolling stock parked in and around the barn. Just can’t help myself!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Way to go ! Reply with quote

Thank you Bob for the horn button. I''ll put it to good use.
A pleasure communicating with you ! - Gary
fyrefast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: purchase Reply with quote

I bought an oval ashtray from Bob. It arrived promptly and just as described. I am happy with my purchase and would not hesitate to purchase from Bob again.
56 ragtop resto-custom - under construction
07 modded GTI - daily
M0anaMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Taillight, Distributor Parts Feeback on Bob Chambers Reply with quote

Package arrived promptly and very well packaged. Items were exactly as described. Highly recommend seller very prompt and conscientious.

Thank You Bob
belairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a horn button from Robert. Item was as described, good communication, fast shipping. Excellent recommended seller.

Thank you.
56OkrasaPanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a chrome tail pipe cover from Bob! Great emails, great prices, super fast shipping and superb packing! I'll certainly buy from him again!
vwone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: License Light Purchase Reply with quote

Great experience, quick mail out. Purchased a license light which was exactly as described, even better. Can't go wrong with Bob.
dbigamos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Amber Fog Lights Reply with quote

ROCKIN deal on the Amber Lights. Thank you for an awesome product at an awesome price...!!!!!!
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a Pierburg fuel pump that Bob rebuilt. Beautiful work at a very fair price! This pump is for my spares kit and I take comfort knowing I have such a high quality pump in reserve if ever needed.
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so pleased with the rebuilt fuel pump that I purchased from Bob Chambers, I asked him to rebuild a 28 PICT 1 carb for me. This guy is a real craftsman and, once again, did the work for a very fair price.

Bob, I hope you never get out of the VW business....I'll definitely be back!

Thanks,

Bob Roane
rusbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a rebuilt 28PCI carburator from Robert. It will be a little while before I can install and test it, but I can say that Robert packaged the carb well, shipped it very quickly, and the workmanship looks extremely nice. This carb looks to be beautifully done, and completely lives up to the description in the ad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwkidd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Robert thanks for the 25HP NOS tail pipe. It was packaged well and arrived timely. Hop to buy from you again.
1966 141 Cabrio. L554 Cherry Red (low mileage)
Owned: All in the 80's slammed & running BRM's,Fuchs,OG Empis w/ big motors & 48IDA's LA Style!
1959 Convertible 151 L41
1955 Convertible 151 L41
1958 Convertible 151 L349
1966 KG Convertible L456
1967 KG Convertible L41
1959 117 Deluxe L451
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fredrok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Easy transaction, great looking Pierburg pump, great communication. Thanks Bob
ReedoSpeedo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Update on the rebuilt Pierburg fuel pump I purchased from Bob: It looks beautiful but unfortunately leaks at the top. I made Bob aware of the problem a day ago and he said he will mail me a new top. I will update this post with the result.
Fredrok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

ReedoSpeedo wrote:
Update on the rebuilt Pierburg fuel pump I purchased from Bob: It looks beautiful but unfortunately leaks at the top. I made Bob aware of the problem a day ago and he said he will mail me a new top. I will update this post with the result.

Chances are, the delivery valve plate on top has been sucked down by the screws through the years and is bottoming out on the body, keeping it from applying enough pressure on the gasket/diaphragm to seal. But Ultimately is due to the shitty gasket kits that are produced these days.

You can try removing it and surface the edges a bit on a sander and take a little meat off the corners and reinstall. But if that doesn't work, disassemble again, apply an extremely, super, micro thin layer of Permatex 80019 (impervious to fuel) on the gasket and diaphragm edge, reassemble and let sit 12+hrs. In the end, that's what worked for me.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Fredrok on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReedoSpeedo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fredrok wrote:
ReedoSpeedo wrote:

Chances are, the delivery valve plate on top has been sucked down by the screws through the years and is bottoming out on the body, keeping it from applying enough pressure on the gasket/diaphragm to seal. But Ultimately is due to the shitty gasket kits that are produced these days.

You can try removing it and surface the edges a bit on a sander and take a little meat off the corners and reinstall. But if that doesn't work, disassemble again, apply an extremely, super, micro thin layer of Permatex 80019 (impervious to fuel) on the gasket and diaphragm edge, reassemble and let sit 12+hrs. In the end, that's what worked for me.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I've attached a pic.

Firstly, Bob informed me the replacement top shipped today.

Secondly, Fredrok, thank you very much for taking the time to provide advice.
What you mention about the plate bottoming out at the corners looks to be exactly what is also happening to mine. This leads me to believe a replacement top will not solve the problem, but maybe it is a better starting point.
I was thinking about cutting a thicker gasket and using sealant as well. I have Permatex 85420 which is impervious to fuel like 80019. The only difference between the two is one needs to allow 85420 to dry longer before assembling the parts.

Fredrok, did you also sand the corners a bit, or go straight to the sealant?

Thanks,
Reed
Fredrok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi Reed,

Bob was kind enough to send me a top as well, but it was same as the problem top I had. Yes, I just touched the corners on my bench grinder; doesn't take much as you would know. I tried that first and got it tight without the corners touching but still no help. Only after I used sealant, did it help and you have to be real careful with the amount as you don't want to seal the small passage hole to the valve. (I removed the brass bolt and reached in there with a 90' pick after assembly to make sure it was clear.)

The proper gasket would do the trick I'll bet. If you do some searching, you'll find many that are unhappy with the gasket kit options for these pumps anymore. Also, do make sure you check your fuel pressure as I have 3 gaskets under it to get the psi down to 2.8 from 4+.
ReedoSpeedo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Chambers - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fredrok wrote:
Hi Reed,

Bob was kind enough to send me a top as well, but it was same as the problem top I had. Yes, I just touched the corners on my bench grinder; doesn't take much as you would know. I tried that first and got it tight without the corners touching but still no help. Only after I used sealant, did it help and you have to be real careful with the amount as you don't want to seal the small passage hole to the valve. (I removed the brass bolt and reached in there with a 90' pick after assembly to make sure it was clear.)

The proper gasket would do the trick I'll bet. If you do some searching, you'll find many that are unhappy with the gasket kit options for these pumps anymore. Also, do make sure you check your fuel pressure as I have 3 gaskets under it to get the psi down to 2.8 from 4+.

Hi Fredrok,
Thanks for the heads-up about not blocking the passage hole.
I have read all the complaints on the current gasket kits but was assuming they were in regards to the larger main diaphragm, which seems to be the biggest point of failure.
I will use your sealant technique on the upper gasket and fingers crossed it will work.
Yes, the first thing I did was add gaskets to drop the fuel pressure from 5 to 3. Although my pump required a lot more than 3 gaskets.
Thanks again for your time. -Reed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: