Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Herrod Helper dimensions?
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WickedWagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Herrod Helper dimensions? Reply with quote

Can anyone measure a Herrod Helper and give the dimensions? I would like to make one as close to original as possible.

Thanks,
G/CBGALT 134.606 MPH
G/CBFALT 146.715 MPH
G/CBGC 158.242 MPH
H/CPRO 93.383 MPH
H/CBGC 94.33 MPH
H/CBGALT 101.282 MPH
H/CBFALT 120.591 MPH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CSCushing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get this and if so can you post them?
Greenrod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Herrod Helper dimensions? Reply with quote

Herrod helpers are 36" wide and 4" deep. The spoiler mounts to the vents without harming the body. The wing doesn't conflict with opening the decklid and can be easily taken off. Honestly though, instead of making one, you should just buy the one from Gilmore Enterprises. I did. The sucker is really well made, built from aluminum and stainless steel. It is really sturdy after everything is bolted down. When I grab & move it, the car moves with it. No flexing. I always thought they were cool when I was a kid ... now I got one! As far as it being detrimental to cooling, I haven't noticed that. However, my volksrod doesn't have much constriction to the fan shroud! It's more like a Baja with a lid.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: