Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 18, 2015
johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Atomwerk Engineering Inc. Charles Adams [email protected] Reply with quote

I didn't see a feedback thread for Charles Adams at Atomwerk Engineering, Inc., so I thought I'd start one to record my experience.

Communication has been very good so far -- Charles and/or Jennifer (using the same corporate email address) answered several questions via email prior to my order to ensure I had all the right parameters for my Beetle and that the stock OEM bushings I already had will work correctly with Atomwerk's spring plates (1.75" ID, they will). They also recommended a shorter KYB rear shock, if needed. Since I have new oil shocks, I'll wait and see if they work with the 2" drop.

I ordered a set of IRS, single plate, 26 9/16” torsion bar, 2" drop 'Introductory' spring plates in matte black on Friday, March 14, 2014, paid via Paypal. The spring plates are made to order, so now I wait.

Moderator Note:
This person has some serious complaints about non-delivery of parts and/or very slow delivery, please check the latest feedback before ordering.
Update: This person was removed from the site for non-delivery of products.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GjMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also ordered a set of introductory spring plates. Back in mid-January. Still waiting.
[email protected]
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GjMan wrote:
I also ordered a set of introductory spring plates. Back in mid-January. Still waiting.

Lonnie Renner,

Look at our website. Conditions for delivery puts us at an eta of 6 weeks from date of purchase, which make us within the time frame that was expected. Your USPS tracking number is 9405503699300253368796. Notice that it was processed on the 12th of this month.

To all others wondering about our expedience; we are a custom manufacturing company, which are unique to the world. Are we the fastest shippers? No, and we have never made that claim. Are we the best in the world? YOU BET YOUR ASS. So before these posts are made, perhaps communicate with us. If you want it from anyone else... ask the competition.
johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback can be good or bad, depending on an individual's experience. So far I have no complaints at all. Patience is a virtue, right? It's been a bit more than 6 weeks since I placed my order (Mar 14 or 15?) but I understand these spring plates are custom made to order and it makes sense to queue up a batch at a time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
killmore88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 6 weeks for my order as well (initial correspondence said 4 to 6 weeks). Received follow up that I should receive them in a week and a half. Service was initially great (honored a past offer and were very responsive to questions). Will update once received.

Last edited by killmore88 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my spring plates a few days after my last post. They look very nice! Unfortunately, I've been putting in a lot of extra hours at work since then and only had time to unwrap and admire them.
jcreinman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: rip off Reply with quote

I ordered one of the spring plate loader tools in July and patiently waited. After hearing nothing from Atomwerk for 3 weeks, I sent an email asking nicely about the status of the order. Still nothing. Then I opened a dispute with Paypal about it, and heard back from Charles immediately. He stated that the tools had just been manufactured and could be sent out that day. I said great, and that I was still interested in receiving it. Then he refused to send out the tool, providing only a tracking number to Paypal as proof of delivery when it had not even been shipped, and he demanded that I release the funds to him. I said that I would not release the funds until the items was delivered as it is Paypal policy that once my claim is closed it cannot be reopened and I have no recourse. Charles did not take that well and resorted to blackmailing me for $10 more, by saying that the price I got was a special and the price had gone up and I could get the original price I paid by releasing the funds immediately or else the price would go up by $10.

That is not how business works. I paid for the item 3 weeks prior based on the price posted at the time, and he wants to jack the price up on me after not sending it. Sorry pal, the funds were removed from my bank account the day I purchased it, and Paypal is just an escrow company. I guess Charles does not understand how Paypal works.

All I can say is I am glad I did not ordered some overpriced spring plates from them, only to be left hanging.

There are plenty of other VW part suppliers out there, and it is not worth the hassle or attitude of Charles and his company. I will not do business with Atomwerks ever.
[email protected]
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: rip off Reply with quote

jcreinman wrote:
I ordered one of the spring plate loader tools in July and patiently waited. After hearing nothing from Atomwerk for 3 weeks, I sent an email asking nicely about the status of the order. Still nothing. Then I opened a dispute with Paypal about it, and heard back from Charles immediately. He stated that the tools had just been manufactured and could be sent out that day. I said great, and that I was still interested in receiving it. Then he refused to send out the tool, providing only a tracking number to Paypal as proof of delivery when it had not even been shipped, and he demanded that I release the funds to him. I said that I would not release the funds until the items was delivered as it is Paypal policy that once my claim is closed it cannot be reopened and I have no recourse. Charles did not take that well and resorted to blackmailing me for $10 more, by saying that the price I got was a special and the price had gone up and I could get the original price I paid by releasing the funds immediately or else the price would go up by $10.

That is not how business works. I paid for the item 3 weeks prior based on the price posted at the time, and he wants to jack the price up on me after not sending it. Sorry pal, the funds were removed from my bank account the day I purchased it, and Paypal is just an escrow company. I guess Charles does not understand how Paypal works.

All I can say is I am glad I did not ordered some overpriced spring plates from them, only to be left hanging.

There are plenty of other VW part suppliers out there, and it is not worth the hassle or attitude of Charles and his company. I will not do business with Atomwerks ever.

I would like this message to go out to everyone: Unless any item that we manufacture is listed as on the shelf, there is going to be an ETA for it. We are in the business of manufacturing the highest quality product for your VW and everyone should know that. In this case Jenny Reinman ordered from us and instead of contacting us she decided to open a dispute in PayPal. That of course is her choice. However this also happened to be just when the tool was ready to be shipped to her. When we provided her tracking number we first requested that she lift the dispute before the item was dropped in the mail and she refuse. We also informed her that the price she paid was from a discount page on our website that was still there because of a glitch and that, despite this, we would honor the discount she got, which was $10 cheaper than the average price of $49. She stated that she wanted tool in hand before she granted us our meager funds. We've have gone down that road before and in the end the customer can simply keep the dispute open and we may never see the money. So no money - no tool. We will not be strong armed as a company. Tell your friends.
DSF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In each of your replies, you are sure to use folks first and last name. Very poor form.
[email protected]
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSF wrote:
In each of your replies, you are sure to use folks first and last name. Very poor form.

The title of this thread is my first and last name. Poor form? When did things change from the old days when someone had something to say about someone they could not hide behind their computers???
atman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with Atomwerk Engineering has been good. Ordered 3” drop IRS Single Plates and oil filled short shocks off the company’s web site knowing it could take 12 weeks to receive, ( the website makes that clear) called after 9 weeks for ETA and got a polite, honest answer. Received the plates shortly after but the shocks were back ordered. Called about that, got a courteous professional answer and Charles Adams offered to send the more expensive gas shocks for having to wait. It was just about 12 weeks to get everything. I test fit the plates on my project and had to call with a quick technical question about installation, got a quick technical answer, very polite, very helpful. The plates are as exactly as advertised and I think the price reflects not being mass produced in China.
I would not hesitate to order from this company again.
I will update when I see how my bug rides.
Jon Boyton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Buyer Beware ATOMWORKS the wait will be unbearable Reply with quote

Ordered and paid for a standard front link beam from Charles on the 17th of June of this year. Numerous emails later all I have for six months of waiting is smoke being blown up my arse.. When the initial emails went back and forth his time frame was a certain 8 to 12 weeks, so money was sent to pay fpr the project. At least three times his emails would ask for just two more weeks to complete production. Then he's not responsible for any delays. It has been six months and not a word from Charles for a month. There are always reason that the order was never filled. BUT IT'S NOW BEEN SIX MONTHS for a standard width link pin front beam. BUYER BEWARE. This is what happens when your business grows faster than you're able to respond to issues. Seems I should of checked SAMBA before ordering instead of afterwards. Thanks to my Manx Dune Buggy Family for loaning me a beam for the MOTB '14.
1uglyduc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: partial shipment after 6 months Reply with quote

I ordered everthing from them. 4 inch narrowed beam, torsion leaves. tie rods, rear drop plate kit. and gas shocks the beginning of June.
I received the beam and drop plate kit last week. They did not tell me that the order was going to be shipped short. I was also told that the shocks would be dropped shipped at the same time and I have not received them yet either. I want to complete my project but I am afraid to order the drop spindles and disk brakes for the front because I have only received half my order and I am losing confidence that I will receive the rest. I am not sure what to do at this point. I have tried emails and calling for months. I did get someone to answer the phone today but they said they will get back to me and I doubt that will happen. When they do reply to email it is to tell me that my order will ship soon. Like is said, this has been going on for months.

What do I do now? It looks like I am going to be out money and parts. I don't have my shortened torsion leaves, tie rods or shocks.
It has been since June. I have been extremely patient with them. I just want my parts to finish what I started.
[email protected]
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post to all:

Before placing an order make sure that you ask if the item is on the shelf or verify that the item is advertised "on the shelf". At this point in time torsion leaves are on back order as well as some specialized parts. This is with us and Mid America Motorworks and other authorized retailers. We specialize in manufacturing and as a consequence sometimes there are delays in replying to customers. I encourage all customers to contact us and patiently wait for a reply if we cannot be reached immediately. We will definitely get back to you.

Notice: We will not be selling any other manufactures parts in the near future such as EMPI drop spindles and we are in the process of removing them from our website. This also includes shocks in the near future. Please order them from Mid America Motorworks or another retailer.

Unfortunately too much bad talking among the customer crowd is pushing us away from direct public relations and the day that we close our doors to the public is amost here. We will be streamlining our sales to ONLY PARTS THAT WE MANUFACTURE and thus package deals (complete suspensions) will be going away soon. Don't worry, you can always order from Mid America Motorworks, Limebug, or any other of our authorized vendors. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have already placed an order with us then rest assured that you will receive them as soon as they come in from back order and WE ALWAYS DELIVER TO OUR CUSTOMERS.

Last edited by [email protected] on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
[email protected]
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Buyer Beware ATOMWORKS the wait will be unbearable Reply with quote

Jon Boyton wrote:
Ordered and paid for a standard front link beam from Charles on the 17th of June of this year. Numerous emails later all I have for six months of waiting is smoke being blown up my arse.. When the initial emails went back and forth his time frame was a certain 8 to 12 weeks, so money was sent to pay fpr the project. At least three times his emails would ask for just two more weeks to complete production. Then he's not responsible for any delays. It has been six months and not a word from Charles for a month. There are always reason that the order was never filled. BUT IT'S NOW BEEN SIX MONTHS for a standard width link pin front beam. BUYER BEWARE. This is what happens when your business grows faster than you're able to respond to issues. Seems I should of checked SAMBA before ordering instead of afterwards. Thanks to my Manx Dune Buggy Family for loaning me a beam for the MOTB '14.

Jon Boyton, please report on this post the $230 credit that we gave you as a customer appreciation post. Obviously we don't like to give money away, however we always try to keep customers satisfied in the end - not to mention that most of our products and most importantly the QUALITY that we sell are not available through anyone else in the world.
Jon Boyton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Credit? Reply with quote

If I ain't got my stuff and I've waited six months for you to make good on my order that still ain't here Do not expect me to rave about how you've given me anything. I do not as yet have anything I paid for let along some rear setups you've thrown in cause you feel guilty that you blew this entire process.. I don't have that tracking number..remember you were going to get that to me the first of this week?
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

Unfortunately too much bad talking among the customer crowd is pushing us away from direct public relations and the day that we close our doors to the public is amost here.

Satisfied customers keep this from happening
OldSchoolPerformance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Uber lowered adjustable spring plates w/ needle bearings Reply with quote

I can't say anything bad about the product quality and engineering, excellent! The only problem I had was having to wait eight months to get it. They threw in a free install tool as a consolation, but forgot to send it w/ the parts, so that took two more weeks. Luckily they mentioned the spacers required for install, which I didn't know about because they weren't mentioned in the instructions, and were not originally included. those came w/ the tool. It also would have been nice if they came with the longer bolts that are required. I know stuff happens and they can be at the mercy of outside vendors, but I didn't like being told the parts were ready to ship three times before I got them months later. other than that the plates are beautiful and can't wait to use them.

[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
jackobug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: atomwerk Reply with quote

keep up the good work Charles , there are still some old school customers here
Jak3-719
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'd like to point out that this is in NO way a "bashing" post, and I'm writing it up ONLY to give an idea of my own transaction with Atomwerks.

Here goes:

I ordered a 2" narrowed beam, BJ drum drop spindles, torsions/etc (the whole 9 yards) from him for my '66 back in September of 2013, after emailing him for a few days back and forth and verifying wait times/availability/etc. At that point, I was told 4-6wks before it'd be at my door. No problem, so I pulled the trigger.

FFWD to November 27th 2013 - and I have a package! Late, sure. but it's okay - quality is worth the wait! Upon opening the package, I see it's impartial, all without a mention of such prior to it being shipped or in ANY of our many, MANY back and forth communications up until this point. All that came was a beam, and the drop spindles. Really all I was missing was the torsions and tie rods/misc. I didnt think much of it, because allthough I didnt want to - I could modify my stock parts to work. That is, until I looked closer and saw that they had actually sent me a LP beam, instead of a BJ beam. YAY!

Needless to say, I wasnt very happy about it. So, I contacted Charles and let him know. They covered the shipping of the incorrect (albeit BEAUTIFUL) beam back to their shop, and he assured me he's work extra hard to have my correct beam back to me in a few weeks. All was not lost!

FFWD again, this time to August 2014. After months of waiting (11. Yes, 11 months...), multiple availability issues, supply issues, demand issues, and all around headache - I have a beam at my house. Uncoated, BUT I asked him to send it uncoated. Mainly because I had already registered for a few shows (which I missed, due to not having the car finished) and didnt want to wait on it to be coated.

Now, it should be said that I was offered many things as compensation for the headache and trouble. He was going to reimburse for the shows Id registered for but wasnt able to make, he offered discounted prices on a few products, and a few other things. Nice gestures, for sure. But after waiting nearly a year for something that was only supposed to take a few weeks, I honestly couldnt bring myself to place another order with them.

Dont get me wrong, the beam is beautiful. It rides like a dream, even without shocks (which I had to do for a while - NOTE: '54 transporter shocks are WAY too short for this beam, even though it uses LP style shocks). The ONLY thing that wasnt straightforward about the whole install, was that the steering damper mount was too big for my '66 tank - and I actually had to raise the tank about 1" all around to get it to clear. Also, the swaybar nubs are a bit low. Well, I should say WERE a bit low - they're gone now Very Happy . No big deal though.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

All in all it's a great product, and I honestly think if they had a large enough staff to deal with the supply/demand - they'd be near the top of the market. In the end, I could've gone somewhere else, and I had even thought about doing that multiple times. BUT, Charles and his wife Jennifer are good peoples. While it took a long time, they DID come through for me - and Im glad I waited. I dont know how it stands now, but at the time I was one of 2 or 3 people to have my style of beam - and that's COOL. Not to mention, having worked as a custom fabricator for a living, I'm well aware of the wrenches that can come seemingly from nowhere. Whether it be a supplier issue, materials issue, or staffing issue. For lack of a better term - "shit happens"

I would definitely like to get my hands on a set of adjustable plates, but at this point I think I'll hold off until the dust settles a bit and they can meet the obviously HIGH demand.

Cheers!

-Jake
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: