Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Scat Boring/Fly Cutter Tool
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mxracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Scat Boring/Fly Cutter Tool Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with the Scat boring/fly cutting tool here?

http://www.scatvw.com/master/spec_tools/

I'm looking to buy tooling for cutting heads/cases and wonder if that tool is decent or if I should just stick to more standard tooling???
Bill271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would prob be better off with a nice broach
storm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Scat's fly cutting tool Reply with quote

I have the tool for a year now. It works find. I use a drill press bolted to my work bench. Made a jig for the heads and case. The price I think is reasonable to do it myself instead farming it out to others costs and time delays. Getting info to how to use it was easy. Talk to machinist, When they heard that I was to use a drill press instead of a boring machine they laugh. Those machines are very expensive. When I got better with the set up I took a video and showed them my work, they said pretty good. When can you work for us? I think they were joking. Practice on old cases and heads, measure a lot. It takes a lot of time to set up to make sure things are level and secure.be care full when working on magnesium. I use it about once a month sold 4 engines, I think I have covered my cost. G.
mxracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply but it's a bit late... Very Happy

I already had the machines and was just looking for info on the cutter. I just went the conventional route.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: