Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

kustom 1 - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Kustom1warehouse.net
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 31, 2024
delx23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: I cancelled my order Reply with quote

Placed an oreder on Line on Saturday, called on Monday to find out how the order was processed and I was told I was going to get an email by the end of the week when parts where ready.... are you kidding??
I can order parts in LA and get them here in So.Cal the day after from other vendors...
I did cancel the order.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of ordering a 30pict-2 carb from kustom1warehouse. They are the only vendor I can find on the internet that list that carb new. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I wanted to order by phone, but have not gotten anyone to pick up the phone on their end. Is this normal for them?
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been buying misc VW parts from them for years and years. Only had one problem a long time ago but it was taken care of swiftly.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rpmx2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: KUSTOM 1 WAREHOUSE VERY BAD SERVICE, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM Reply with quote

You may need to get a cup of coffee for this one folks...

This is the first and LAST time dealing with these bozo's. I ordered my part online April 30, 2013 expecting the parts to ship either the 1st or 2nd of May. Surprise the parts shipped on May 6th and arrived on May 9th.

For some that can be acceptable but the story gets better.

On May 10th, my son started installation come to find out that the rear rotors and calipers supplied in the kit did not work together. No matter how we tried to fit them, it was impossible.

On May 11th, I called Kustom1warehouse at 9am, no answer. I called at 12pm and finally got someone. I advised them the calipers did not fit the rotors, they told me to insure that I did not mix the left and right as they are paired. First off, there were no instructions in the package so if you are not mechanically inclined, who would know what and where things go.

I gave the guy on the phone the part numbers on the boxes and he asked me to wait on the phone. He came back a few minutes later and advised that the rotors sent to me were incorrect...Hmmmm! Maybe they need a second set of eyes looking at the inventory, verifying parts and then give a green light to ship.

I was told that I would get a call back...Well, I did get the call but it was just before closing, 4:35pm to be exact. I was told that they would correct the problem and they would send me the correct parts but it would be shipped on Monday, May 14th as they missed the UPS delivery and UPS does not pick up on Saturday. Hmmmm! Maybe they should have taken it to the closest UPS office, which is only 3.6 miles away or a 10 min car ride...6 blocks to be exact. UPS:13337 South St. Cerritos, CA 90703 (Thanks Google)

Even though I was disappointed that the package would not ship until Monday, I thought ok, I will just have to wait.

I was also advised that I would have to ship the rotors that did not fit, back to Kustom1. No problem but I wanted to know was how I was going to be reimbursed for my expenses using two large flat rate USPS boxes. They said they would revert charge back to my credit card or pay by check.

Monday, May 13th arrives, I package items, and on the way to the post, I call to advise that I will add a 5% shipping and handling fee. My day off, My gas and packaging of the rotors. Next thing I know is they are telling me that they will not ship the rotors out to me until they receive the wrong ones sent to me... Well, they have my credit card info on file and they could not just hold an incidental charge until they get their darn rotor back. I was then told that a UPS ticket would be generated by Kustom 1 for UPS to pickup from my home on May 14th thus eliminating MY S/H fee...LOL! ($3.30 was 5% charge)

Now...you probably finished your coffee, you may want a second cup.

Expecting UPS to show up, I make arrangements for Kustom 1 package to be picked up. NOBODY shows up the entire day. So I call May 15 to advise that no one showed up to pick up the package. They said their system was down and that ticket was never processed...Now these guys are SUPER BOZO's...! I was given all kinds of excuses, my blood is boiling, and I have to meet the upcoming Bugorama deadline, May 24 fast approaching.

So, withing the two following days, I tell them that I will ship the package if they just get me the right rotors shipped out. On May 16th, I ship their package, call and advise them of the tracking and still, no rotors on my end. These guys are a BIG JOKE...!

May 17. I was advised that I would get a call back to let me know the status. I never get a call back at all. I call Kustom0 on May 18th and told them no one got back to me. I was told the package shipped on Friday, they gave me a tracking ticket number. Today, I come to find out that a shipping label was created and the item has not been picked up nor has it shipped...

It is now May 20th, you can all see the frustration but hey, that's the Kustom1 way. Oh yeah, the Manager was always too busy to get on the phone with me to sort this pile of you know what.

SO, IF YOU WANT TO GET GREATE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION...LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE. THIS IS "HOW THEY ROLL, BABY" KUSTOM 0, ALL THE WAY.
PWS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only experience with Kustom 1 Warehouse was on 04/17/2013 when I purchased three Bosch 01006 ignition points. Since I knew that Bosch had discontinued making these, I called to ascertain availability and to confirm price. And because of the minute size of my order I was promised a shipping charge of $10.00, not the $15.22 that would show in my cart upon checkout. I never would have placed this order without that assurance. Although, in checking out I was paying the $15.22, I trusted that this would be adjusted as they processed my order. To make a long story short, although they admit to making this promise, they blatantly refuse to honor it. Never again will I do business with these people. Incompetence and poor service is one thing, dishonesty is quite another. The real loser is K1W--they've sacrificed a future customer capable of spending hundreds of dollars in return for a $5.22 scam. Unbelievable! Yes, I know: $5.22 is chicken feed. But when one is lied to, money is not the issue.
billiumboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Feedback. Guess I should have read the feedback before Reply with quote

I ordered 3 inch raised spindles on 6/28 at 9 am CST. My first clue should have been that nobody answered the phone that day. I called multiple times and let it ring.

Decided to take a chance and place a web order. Order confirmed at 9:57 CST and my American Express card was charged $257.29.

I am shipping these spindles to my mechanic 70 miles from me.

So I am thinking that I would get a shipping confirmation on Saturday. Nope Monday rolls around and I get a call from my mechanic. They called him to tell him that their online shipping calculator only charged for 1 pound. Strange, why did they not call me. Ring, ring, ok they are calling now. Tell me the same story that they will have to charge and additional $23.08 in shipping. I say OK use the credit card you charged on the 28th. I asked when I should anticipate shipment. They notify me that the lift spindles are made when ordered and that they should be complete by Friday July 5th and may ship on Monday July 8th. I am not happy, but at least I am informed.

I am thinking all is good. Tuesday rolls around and they call me again. This time they say they can't ship because my credit card "bill to" address does not match what was provided. I verify my bill to address with them over the phone. Steve says his "boss" told him that it did not match. I told Steve that I would conference American Express into our call and he could talk to my credit card company directly. He agreed. Luckily I was at work and not swamped and was able to make the conference call. American Express verified the charge on 6/28 and indicated that no other charges were attempted by them. The verified the billing address I gave and I verbally authorized American Express to approve the additional $23.08 that should hit the account. We finished the conversation and hung up.

I called back to talk to Steve to see if he needed anything else. He said he needed to manually run the credit card. What?? I gave him the numbers again and will check my account tonight.

So far I am less than thrilled with the whole transaction. I am hoping the my spindles are made correctly and will ship as indicated. I have a bad feeling but will keep this post updated.

Thanks for reading my novel.
billiumboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: SLOW Reply with quote

OK so I have been calling to see when my order will ship. Sales person slipped up on the phone on July 5th. Said my spindles just arrived from the manufacturer. So it appears that do outsource the raised spindles. Asked when they would ship and they said soon.

Called Monday July 8th at 2:45 local California time. Asked if they shipped. Said they were being boxed and will ship today.

Tuesday July 9th. Receive shipping notification that they will ship on Tuesday July 9th. Click the tracking link and only a UPS label has been created. Nothing has shipped yet.

Yep still not happy. What takes them so long? They have had my money since June 28th. A really thought an online merchant could not charge your card until the merchandise ships?

I will update again on the quality once received. So far I WILL NEVER ORDER AGAIN>
PDXAIR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: False Advertising... Reply with quote

They Falsely put up posts on the classifieds saying they have their 1" Truss Bar... a week after I paid I still don't have a shipping conformation. I call... the phone rings 30 times before someone picks up.

They then tell me that they are made to order and mine won't be ready to ship for at least 2 weeks...

WTF they sell things here that they don't have?! Then they don't tell you it will be over a month before you get it (if you get it al all?!)
PDXAIR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: hustlers plain and simple. Had to open Paypal Resolution Reply with quote

So after a week (over 2 weeks from my original order via the samba ad for the 1" truss bar)
I got my Bugpack Truss in the mail that I ordered from Car Craft .com after canceling my order with K1W due to the ubove reason of them "making to order" after I waited a week since I paid and had not heard from them...

So no refund after a week (I received my bugpack truss parts from Car Craft before I got my refund from K1W...)

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE THIEVES! YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET YOUR $$ BACK!!!!!
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just placed my first order with them and found that Steven is thorough and has given me good customer service. He even called me back to follow up on an email i sent to Stuart a couple of days ago.

I now have to wait for the next email which will be the tracking number.

I will post again once i receive the Empi Raider Chrome wheels that I have ordered.

Be Blessed

The Jewish Guy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: The Best Customer Service Experience !! Reply with quote

The Best Customer Service Experience !!

I had to go with another setup elsewhere and Steve was very helpful in addressing my unique situation. I got a call back and the cancellation was smooth and flawless.

I had an overall great experience dealing with the fellas at Kustom1 Warehouse.

Thanks again.

Shalom

Zach'Riah

My '67 Split Window Bus project :
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634144

My '67 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug Build:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541870
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
b_connolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last month I ordered a remanufactured stock width non-adjustable beam with stock spindles from K1W (also ordered a distributor clamp). It only took a few days between the shipping label being created and the beam to ship out, and once it did I got it right on schedule from UPS. The distributor clamp came via USPS a few days before the beam arrived. The beam is exactly what you'd expect from a remanufactured 50 year old part.

Overall great experience buying from these guys, though based on some of the other feedback I did sit on the fence for a few months before finally pulling the trigger. I don't know if I got lucky and they happened to have what I wanted sitting on the shelf, but either way I'm pleased with them and would order from them again!

Cheers,
Blake
David Sharpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Steer Clear of K1W Reply with quote

Long story short, parts listed as in stock were not. After 4 weeks of their website saying that the was processing and unable to cancel, they do not answer their phone. Finally able to cancel but their are many other places that will take better care of you.
corkywillis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Kustom 1 Warehouse: Worst service I've ever had Reply with quote

The website and cart only partially work,are not accurate and generates outrageous shipping cost, Stewart the owner rarely answers the phone and the Msg box is usually full. He rarely returns phone calls and orders often just sit and never get filled. My last order was missing things which were promised to be shipped but never were. You cant even contact them via email. I will never do business with them again.
TheAmazingDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm part of the lucky few.

3 separate orders, two of them large. The shipping is slow, yes, but other than that I haven't had a problem.

The last two orders, I called to find out what the delay might be. My calls were answered each time, and the order shipped that night.

Stuart answered the phone on my last call, and we had a nice friendly conversation. Item in the mail that night.

My advice; if it's a time-sensitive order, look elsewhere. If you need to call for a status, don't be a dick. (not saying anyone was)
Maddward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered some bushings, e-brake cables and one of their chromoly truss bars. I talked to Stuart, mentioned that I lived near by, and asked if I could pick up to save on shipping. Picked up everything today no problems. Their truss bar(not the empi one) is well built and definitely worth the $
corniglio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: kustom 1 did me right Reply with quote

i ordered a set of rebuilt assembled drop spindles a couple weeks ago from kustom 1. when i initially called them, i didnt get an answer but within a couple hours this guy named stuart called me. he asked me what i needed and actually spent several minutes with me discussing options. he didnt rush me off the phone and was very helpful..so i placed the order and figured i would chill as i waited for the parts to arrive..but then i came upon this thread and what i read made me regret placing that order. i thought for sure i was doomed and would wait weeks, maybe a month for a part that would no doubt be the wrong one. well that wasnt the case. in fact i received the part in about 5 days and im on the east coast. the parts were a breeze to assemble and there were no issues. all i can say is stuart did me right.
LocknFestBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: kustom 1 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought an Alternator conversion from them. The chrome fan tin didnt fit so I used the original tins. The alternator only lasted about one year, so I replaced the alternator with a Bosche alternator. I will never again buy any of their aftermarket junk again.
Don't be fooled by cheap prices on shiny chrome Chinese crap!
Keeponbussin77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: kustom 1 - [email protected] Reply with quote

How do you guys feel about their engine rebuild kits? I want to order one for my 1.8 Liter Type IV.
Lobo87
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: kustom 1 - [email protected] Reply with quote

So I am looking at buying a pair of 3" lift spindles from Kustom1. My question is, have people been happy with the quality of product they received? After reading through all the comments I see that dealing with the workers themselves has not been the best experience for everybody, but how was the product once you received it?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: