Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

alright florida guys
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: alright florida guys Reply with quote

someone in florida has to check this out

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1626708

i am dying to know how these look. i am going to guess they are the harrington group bumpers.

i would like a real feedback on them. for 500.00 each, i feel that it's a good deal.

ok, cue the 'i would never pay 500 for a bumper' crowd...

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: alright florida guys Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I am going to guess they are the Harrington group bumpers.

I'm sure they are. But hey! Only half an hour from my house, might be time for a field trip.
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to be Harrington group.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomWesty wrote:
Have to be Harrington group.

That's what I figure too. It would be nice to see a set. I would buy a set in a minute if the quality is there

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I called the place today. I talked to Alex. He said he sold the 3 late Bay bumper sets he had and only has Beetle and Ghia bumpers in stock. He kinda danced around the name Harrington but said the bumpers were out of Viet Nam. He said not many people have these and I explained there is not a lot of feedback and folks don't want to buy what they can't see and touch. He has a small warehouse about 1/2 hour from me and I'll probably make a trip next week to see what he has. I'll take a few pics and my caliper to measure thickness and maybe a scale to check weight.
Harleyelf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliper will just check maximum thickness; bring a micrometer also, as the material might have ripples.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be awesome! from what i have read about harrington, they seem to have 'pick marks' on the back sides because they are pretty much hand hammered.

if the alex fellow is watching this thread, i started it to find the true low down on the bumpers, not to roast some seller of the product.

my concern is if wolfsburg west, west coast metric, j bugs etc hasn't offered them for sale there has to be a problem....either there is not enough profit in them to make it worth selling, or they are junk.

i am sure that no one will get rich off the bumpers, but i just don't have it in me to lay out another 1,000.00 for junk

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: