Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

projectvwparts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: projectvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 29, 2007
Sage79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: projectvw Reply with quote

I just received my engine lid from projectvw and it is as good as he said. It's in factory green and unfortunately it looks wayyy better than my bus right now.
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My purchasing didn't workout but projectvwparts replies quickly and I hope to see something of intrest in his ads
65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Congrats, that's going to look like shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sumguy
Everett's Parts Holder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased an item and am very happy. Fast shipping well packed and great with the e-mails.
stevecul8er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Positive feedback Reply with quote

Quick reply and shipping. Very Happy
BigTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to write something good about the folks at ProjectVW.
I recentley returned from oversea's and have just begun learning the advantages of good information on the Forums of the Samba.com.
I was out of the states for 8 months and bought several things from several sellers while I was gone.
When I returned my wife had everything I ordered from all over the world in my gargage ready for me to open.
All of the items I received from these guys were as described or better yet, even better than described, which was absolutly great!
I could not have asked for any more.
But the packing they did for each item and the communication with shipping/tracking/additional pictures/and any information I asked for was above an beyond!
Each order was fast and simple with easy, informative e-mails all along the way.
Of all the businesses and private sellers I bought from over this past year, "Many of which I am very happy with also." These people were at the Top of the List for me!
I would highly recommend doing business with them and I will definanlty buy from them again.
Thanks ProjectVW!
Big Tom.
Matthew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project VW went above and beyond for me.

They had a 71 bus beam less the spindles advertised. I only wanted the brake booster / master cylinder assembly and the bracket. I asked if I paid the asking price if the bracket could be neatly cut from the beam and shipped along with the booster etc. Project VW responded quickly and did a nice job removing the bracket and other parts. He even bead blasted the bracket and sent me pictures of it along with the tracking info so I could be assured I was getting what I needed. What more could you ask for? If everyone in the VW business cared this much about customer service, we would have a lot more people involved in the VW hobby.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some Notch parts from Brent this weekend, another successful transaction. He is an honest guy that goes above and beyond to make sure you are a happy customer. Highly recommended.

Jeff
popke69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: no problem purchase! Reply with quote

Just scored a set of type 1 decklid hinges from him. Hinges in great shape and even sandblasted! Fair price and good ship time. Thanks!
DJ63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: no problem purchase! Reply with quote

Great seller!! Thanks!
Lahti35
Samba Member

Location: Always the wrong side of the drawbridge in Bay City, MI.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video at the bottom of the post. This engine was advertised in the classifieds by user "projectvwparts" in Oregon as a good strong running engine with ZERO endplay to use as is or replace the seals and clean up for a nice clean runner. They were fast with the shipping and quick with e-mail replies during the sale no issue there. The issue is with the actual item, which is not at all like they described.

Endplay is so bad it "thunks" when you pull/push on the crank, it has a broken valve spring, the front right cylinder was full of sludge and the rings frozen, the oil was horrible (1/3 sludge and chunks), some scoring on the pistons, and fins cracked off two jugs and the right head.

When I first e-mailed about it the ad was pulled right away. It wasn't till I froze their newly made assests did they start writing back...and did they ever. I was the bad guy suddenly, a really bad dude!

When called out on it the seller stated that endplay doesn't matter and it is a good running engine. Then they got angry and became defensive saying I threatened them and made demands (AKA you sold me crap and I want a 50% refund or we'll take it to the next level of paypal claims). I was very firm but not childish and let them know exactly what they had pawned off on me. I was able to recover $$$ since I paid via paypal but had I not done this I have no doubt projectvwparts would not have been so "helpfull" in returning $$$. At that time they told me "thats not the way we do business" and I wouldn't be allowed to buy anything from them again..... Really? Bummer.

Stay away from "projectvwparts".... bad juju. They have a bunch of other stuff for sale and I wouldn't touch it if it had $20 bills glued all over it.

I welcome them to respond if they wish and will glady post e-mails reguarding this showing their true nature. They are now "threatening" me with retaliation for posting this here, saying the above is untrue.... I say video doesn't lie. They would like me to go away quietly now that I have my refund but they deserve the feedback they earned. I have tried to be as unpartial as I can be in the above, thw whole deal was just a bummer really.

Here are some of our messages via e-mail:

June 23

Thanks for the reply!

Now that I know you will ship it I have a few questions....

I'm looking to replace an engine I have that is worn out, I am not looking for an engine to rebuild but rather one to clean up and stick in. The ad says zero endplay and low miles... how many miles is that?

Are there ANY problems with it other than the missing bits? I just got burned with the engine in the bug I bought and I don't need to relive that.

I appreciate your honesty....

Jason

June 23,

Hello Jason,
We cannot tell you how many miles are on the engine. We have no idea.
The motor was pulled out of a running and driving bug a few years ago for a large displacement motor upgrade. The Bug was a lower mileage bug at that time but we cannot remember the exact mileage on the car then.
The motor has been saved ever since and was listed for sale due to us not needing to hold on to it any longer, there is nothing extra or abnormal with this motor. Good motor that has been sitting for a bit that's it.

Thank you.
Parts Dept.
ProjectVW.
Oregon.

June 28,

Hello Jason,
Your Engine has been delivered to Forward Air Today Invoice # 38446730.
This is expected to arrive in 3-4 Business days.
Your contact information is written on the receipt for them to reach you once your package has arrive.
We were happy to help with this item.
Have a nice day!
Thank you.
Parts Dept.
ProjectVW.
Oregon.

July 6,

I'll be escalating the paypal dispute to a claim if you don't refund $250 in 3 days.... then we can let paypal decide if a FULL refund is warranted after I forward them your e-mails and a screen shot of your ad on the SAMBA. Deal with this, I will NOT go away because you stay silent.

Jason

July 6,

Hey,
No one has been here Today to respond to your email.
So you can slow the Threats Down.
That Motor is and has been a solid running and driving motor as listed. End play and so forth was not an issue.
Are you Telling us with this e-mail what your Demands are, and if we do not agree or respond when you expected Today that you are filing false claims against us?
Yes, you tell us exactly what your intentions are and we will give you the response with the exact options you have available from us.

Parts Dept.
ProjectVW.
Oregon.

July 6,

Jason,
Just read your PM on the Samba with Threat to us.
-
Now..........I am going to make this Seriously Clear to You right Now.
-State your Intention, Demands, and Wants very clearly right here.
-This will Determine what we will do with you.
-Beware of any continued Threats Against us if you want a resolve.
I believe this is clear and to the point.
Make sure your response is also.
-
Direction will be determined by this response.
-
Parts Dept.
ProjectVW.
Oregon.

Said Threat via PM by me July 6,

I hope you got my e-mail reguarding the junk engine you sold me.... you have 2 days to respond here or to my e-mail after that I will post a video showing the crap you sold me and make sure I keep a fresh ad telling folks what you did going all the time.

Jason

July 6 by me via e-mail,

$250 refund for the bum engine via paypal, simple as that.

July 6,

Jason,
You made all the moves you chose to do before Talking with us.
Unacceptable and not how to do things.
Your Refund on Pay-Pal has been issued.
We are done working with you on this or any future Business.

Parts Dept.
ProjectVW.
Oregon.

"All the moves" being to file a report with paypal to cover my butt.

July 7,

Just Saw your Post.
You said you were not doing this if we refunded your money.
You have also made several false claims there.
I think you should consider deleting that Post or we will respond with all of your e-mails and statements.
Why you would choose to slander us after getting what you asked for is unknown.
If your Posts are not immediately Deleted we will be Posting also.

Thank you.
Parts Dept.
ProjectVW.
Oregon.

July 7,

Jason,
We just Looked at your Video and Negative Posting about us.
In this e-mail to us you stated what you wanted with a time frame.
We chose to give you what you asked for without an argument.
You have now moved forward with a Serious Negative Posting about us.
-We are now Demanding that you take this Post Down as we gave you what you asked for. If you do not we will obviously have to get involved. Let us know what you plan to do.

Parts Dept.
ProjectVW.
Oregon

The last two were sent today. Remove feedback when they sold me junk, I don't think so.

The video....... "solid daily runner"??? "End play not an issue"??? Judge for yourself. I'm not going to turn this into a tit for tat thingy, I've said what needed to be said and see no need to back pedal. What a shame.

Link

1962 Gulf Blue Beetle Horror...THE MOVIE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mMp7QYEBNw

Trololo Man RIP 1935-2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me you could have stopped with a simple explanation of your complaint, especially since you got your money back... everything beyond that appears to be a dedicated smear campaign.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsaab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Great experience Reply with quote

I had great luck when I ordered/received a quarter panel in March. Item was as described, fast fedex shipping with tracking number and packaged well. Communication was excellent with quick response.
I would order from them again.

Sorry to hear about the engine, been there.
i_am_cool_fred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cannot tell you how quick my part arrived at my door...the turn around time from purchase to at my door was litterally 3 days. i'd buy from this guy again, everything was as advertised.

thanks!!!!

Brian Denning, as seen on Gearz TV
brotherbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great transaction ,good packaging,Fed ex tracking,rec,d exactly on time ,I,m a happy Hurst owner.
wheelthang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto, Happy Hurst owner here as well!!!

Even the delivery guy wanted to know what was in the box! (i tried to explain the best i could)

Fast delivery and the bumper looks awesome! Thanks a TON!!
drewmiinch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: projectvw hurst Reply with quote

i just can't say enough good about projectvw. bought and recieved hurst style bumper. quality of bumper: excellent. packaging for shipping: could have been dropped from a building and not been damaged. responded to emails even on weekend (mostly unheard of i might add with most advertisers). shipped out first thing monday and got by end of week to missouri from oregon....thanks to projectvw for hurst bumper and for the t-shirts...i'll be a walking advertisement at the next show!!!!!!!!!!!....drew
sxuxrxf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another happy Hurst bumper owner here. Fast shipping, great packaging. Fits great on my '71 BayWindow.
Notched
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met Brent at the Woodburn show. He brought me an early Hurst style bumper. Great guy. Amazing bumper. I think it will move cows out of my way!

Current stock: '57 Panel Bus, '63 Rat Notch, '64 Baja, '66 Variant, '67 Convertible Ghia, '68 Squareback, '69 Squareback, '69 Fastback

Southern Oregon VW Club -- http://www.sovw.org

Oregon VW Forum -- http://www.oregonvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugginDJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Excellent product, excellent customer service Reply with quote

I just installed my Project VW Hurst bumper on my 1971 Bay Single Cab. It looks great and is very well made. I asked about a dozen questions via email and always received prompt and courteous responses. I highly recommend ProjectVWParts.
bigralphie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lust bought a hurst bumper from them and im very pleased with the product and customer service i will by from them again and pass the word around.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: