Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Deal on parts from two parts cars in memphis
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Deal on parts from two parts cars in memphis Reply with quote

Hey guys! I'm in the bus forum all the time and not really familiar with this forum, but at the Memphis pull-a-part there are two standard sunroof beetles, a 73 and a 74. One has an engine (H case I think it was) and both have trannies. Glass is all there, engine won't turn, starters are there, seats are so-so, both sunroofs look pretty straight. Just wanted to see if anyone needs parts. I don't mind getting or cutting most parts and mailing for cost + shipping. Of course anyone can give a little extra, or bus parts and I won't object Wink but I am not looking for profit.

Hope this thread is in the right spot. If not someone let me know and I'll re-do it. This is not a sale listing! Just trying to let someone get some use out of these cars before they are crushed.
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cletus_zuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy them, part them out and post ads.

Did Steve Jobs ask anyone if they needed an iPhone before he built it?
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the history and economics lesson. I'm sure I would have never thought to do that were it not for your condescending reply.
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
olmer2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
Thanks for the history and economics lesson. I'm sure I would have never thought to do that were it not for your condescending reply.

Laughing Laughing Laughing hey man, thanks for the heads up! I'm good on parts right now but someone else might be in need!...
74 bug http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=547777
cortexgunner92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:

ups
MRJEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:

and thanks for the heads up trying to help your fellow VW enthusiasts rather than trying to pad your own pockets!

It's a good feeling to help!
allsidius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:

Somehow I don't think it was meant that malicious. We tend to take the written word more seriously than the verbal. Many a good fight on TheSamba have no root in real evilness.

Your initiative, however, is appreciated. The sunroofs should be saved, and that engine if it seems OK, at least. Running second hand engines and decent cores are getting harder to find.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tabney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the package trays are in good shape, shoot me a PM and let me know what a ballpark for those would be to 47172. Really I just need the outside four or so inches on both sides if that's easier...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabney wrote:
If the package trays are in good shape, shoot me a PM and let me know what a ballpark for those would be to 47172. Really I just need the outside four or so inches on both sides if that's easier...

Sorry I just saw your reply! I never saw the email alert for this thread... They ended up scrapping both beetles before I could get much off them. Just to make you even sicker, one of them had a P-E-R-F-E-C-T luggage tray compartment. Not a spot of rust on it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: