Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Photos of your stereo head unit if it sticks out of dash?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the pics uploaded to my gallery and will now try to post them.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I don't know if this worked as long time since I placed photos but the first two pics show Alpine sticking out and the 3rd pic is with the black elastic band on it. Ideally I like the wood box but a carpenter I'm not.[/img]

yes! it worked!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eeebee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

[/url]

1987 Vanagon Wolfsburg Special Edition
GoWesty 2.3

Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time.
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAIZEE wrote:

I don't know if this worked as long time since I placed photos but the first two pics show Alpine sticking out and the 3rd pic is with the black elastic band on it. Ideally I like the wood box but a carpenter I'm not.[/img]
yes! it worked!

Daizee, it looks like you have the metal dash just like my Joker. You need to remove the metal bracket from under the grill thats on top of the dash.
It was there to support the back of the stock radio which didn't have the metal slide in cage that the new stereos use.
Take that out and you should be able to push the head unit all the way in flush with the front of the dash.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look see tomorrow but I don't remember seeing any brackets. Will let you know.Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no brackets but I fixed it up better looking. I have quite a bit of 1/16th by 1 1/4 sticky foam left over from the dash work 2 winters ago. It fits perfectly and looks MUCH better. Almost normal looking. Will try to get a picture tomorrow.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daizee,

Did you pull the ashtray to look, or the stereo?
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pulled both, may be a bracket near the lighter on the right but nothing of note anywhere else. Basically I'm now happy with the look.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here is my final solution with the foam. I'd prefer a carpentry sleeve but that isn't going to happen with my lack of talents.

[img]

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: