Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

36hpguy - [email protected] - John Huddleston
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 36hpguy
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 28, 2018
Karl Rolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: 36hpguy - [email protected] - John Huddleston Reply with quote

Seller took 1 month to get shipped to me.
Seller always uses excuses that he to busy to handle emails.
Seller sent me the wrong speedo. I bought a 6-63 he sent a 5-63 speedo .
Seller sent me the speedo missing a screw on the back .
Seller sent me the speedo scratched up on the back side .
Over all bad experience with this guy . Bummer Rolling Eyes
Watch out

Moderator notes:
Other / Past ids/emails used:
36vw- [email protected]
Mr.36 - [email protected]
36hpguy - [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Greg Armendariz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: vwbyrd - John Huddleston - [email protected] Reply with quote

John did a speedo for me and it turned out great so I took him a 1963 bus fuel gauge, a 1958 Ghia clock and fuel gauge and a 1956 Ghia clock. THAT WAS APRIL 2ND!!! Here we are 4 months later and he will not return my emails, texts or phone calls. The 1958 Ghia stuff was for a friend of mine so now my friend's pissed at me. I just want my stuff back weather it's done or not and I feel like I've been ripped off. It's sucks to learn the hard way about people and their lack of integrity... I am also super bummed.
Karl Rolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally installed the speedo ... And guess what it's 10 mph off on the slow side. I have 165 tire in front ... Evil or Very Mad rip off!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LeninCas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: vwbyrd Reply with quote

My father dropped a new tranny and a new motor into his bug so he wanted to put a rebuilt speedometer in it as well. Also, my dad had a later speedometer and wanted a '68 only speedometer which John happened to have in stock and he took it as a core Very Happy We installed it, drove a mile, and it did not work Confused We drove it to his house and showed him that it did not work, so he took it out, reset the odometer, put everything in place, and installed it again for us which was really nice of him. Smile Overall, good experience with John. I would definitely do business with him again, except I already learned how to restore them myself Wink
dakotamustang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: 69 Ghia Reply with quote

I found John on Samba,
I made contact and sent my 69 Ghia in for service.
He made contact with me and ask why I sent it? He said it looked good.
I am restoring a 69 Ghia and I want a fresh speedo.
(I am not in a rush so some time passed, no problems there)
Then I get an email and he says pay $220.00 and stated the speedo was junk.....
So I did and he shipped me someone else's 74 silver speedo!
I have tried many time to contact him and now he hides.
DON'T USE THIS GUY!!!!
ddave47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John gave me a smokin' deal on a baja exhaust. Shipping took a little longer than I wanted, but John called to inform me it was on the way. It was a heavy package.
landisgarcia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: I bought a 36hp from Mr. 36 Reply with quote

So I have recently bought an engine from Mr. 36, the engine came in today and it is very beautifully done and clean, it is a rebuilt 36hp, I have not started the engine but once I do, I will update this,
as far as communication it was excellent, he did not always reply right away, but never more than 30 mins from sending a message, all in all there was great communication, both online and through email. the guy has nothing to hide, I had a buddy contact a few of his friends and they all said he is a good guy and a man with integrity. I am not really worried that the engine will fail on me, he did give me a 3 month warranty and the price for what I paid was right on the money, so far I am very satisfied, shipping was well done through FedEx, timing was good.
FrankRichard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Split window Kombi - Speedo Repair Reply with quote

John has been repairing a splitty speedo for me, and I spoke to him a few weeks back, and said that is had been repaired, but had not shipped it as yet.
he isn’t replying to my emails - does anyone know if away on holidays or something like that?
roygbiv007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: IRS Trans purchased on Feb 27th today is Mar 10th Reply with quote

Still no Trans.

Should have read the feedback prior to purchase....

Moderator update March 13, 2015:
Seller reported a refund was given.
Buyer was asked to post an update.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an email about the 2 issues above.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lhwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: 36 HP rebuilt Longblock Reply with quote

I purchased a longblock from John. He was right on the money with everything he said, promised. I work in Irvine so I Could cruise right over to his house. Super cool guy. He is an honorable guy with integrity in my opinion. He got done with my longblock earlier than I would've liked but no worries. I haven't fired the engine up yet as I still have to finish the car, but I plane on letting him break the engine in for me once I get all the tins powder coated and on the engine. Cool guy I would definitely do business with him again.

Les
FrankRichard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Split window Kombi - Speedo Repair Reply with quote

FrankRichard wrote:

March 11 2015

John has been repairing a splitty speedo for me, and I spoke to him a few weeks back, and said that is had been repaired, but had not shipped it as yet.
he isn’t replying to my emails - does anyone know if away on holidays or something like that?

March 24 2015

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER !!
I sent my speedo to John Huddleston from Australia to him in Irvine CA - which he had received and told me that it was repaired on 7 January 2015.
I got the speedo back here around the 11 February.
I took my Kombi dash tray out and installed the speedo, then took it out again because it was not calibrated correctly, nor was the odometer turning over at all. See the pic here - when I was doing 45Km/hr - the recently repaired speedo (by John) - was showing 27Km/hr (against the GPS) …and the distance reading was not turning over.

http://www.exactcom.com.au/proofs/KombiPics/Speedo/FrankSpeedoNotWorking1sml.jpg

So I now had to re-send the speedo to John. I also asked him to please replace the speedo needle, since it has a slight bend at the end (which I would pay for obviously) I also made sure there was a note on the speedo to this effect, and included a written note, with this request.

http://www.exactcom.com.au/proofs/KombiPics/Speedo/SpeedoNote_sml.jpg

23 March 2015
Yesterday, i received the speedo back, and the needle has been cut-off by John Huddleston, and sent back to me like this??

http://www.exactcom.com.au/proofs/KombiPics/Speedo/FrankSpeedoNeedle_sml.jpg

I have checked the speedo once again, and see that the calibration is now correct, and the odometer works, but why has the needle been cut off by John, and not then repaired before sending back to me from his place in Irvine, to me here in Australia??
I paid twice registered mail at $45 a time, plus the fee for fixing and return mail, which is another $230 - so I have now paid out $320.
This whole process has been excruciatingly painful, it’s taken almost 3 months, cost a fair bit, and I still don’t have a working speedo???

Mr.36
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Split window Kombi - Speedo Repair Reply with quote

the first time your speedo arrived the needle was broken so i replaced it. The second time you sent it to me the needle was broken again. Now you want to sit here and blame me for something i have no control over. Once it leaves my hands and the mail takes over thats on them.i sent you a pic showing the new needle and also that it was calibrated. Instead of talking crap about me on here with out even stating facts and making your self look better. Be a man and call.....
rumrunner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: I should have read before I bought from him Reply with quote

I bought and paid for a REBUILT weber 44 that John said was "rebuilt 2 weeks ago and was ready to go" I called the day I received it and talked with John and explained the air corrector jets and throttle shaft return spring were missing. He said he would send some jets out asap. After a week of no parts, I emailed him. No reply. My summer is only so long in Indiana and needed that carb so I just spent another $44 (2 jets, return spring and a needle and seat set that was leaking and needed replaced. Cleaned does not mean rebuilt!
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed John about a 40hp fan shroud he had for sale and he responded pretty quick, was quick to take my money, but I have yet to receive it. I specifically asked him if he could get it to me by the end of the week and he said no problem. That was over a week ago, I'm only 6 hours north of him, and I have yet to see it or to hear from him. I've emailed him numerous times and have yet to get a response. Regardless of anyone's situation, don't make a promise you can't keep, and if something comes up, communication is key. I'll definitely never deal with him again, hopefully I end up with my fan shroud or my money back.
ssmalibu2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Mr.36 - [email protected] - John Huddleston Reply with quote

I Bought a restored 010 distributor from John with a partial trade and cash. He waited a week before shipping until he received my part first. The 010 in his ad had a black cap, the one shipped came with an old worn out brown cap (bait and switch). I contacted John and he told me that was just a standard photo of a restored 010 and I should have asked more questions like (Is the 010 pictured in the ad the one I'm getting). He offered to send me a black cap, but now I'm questioning if this was ever restored. Told him I wanted my money refunded and my part returned. Don't take a chance and buy anything from John. Also he should be banned from selling on The Samba with all his bad feedback!
Photo from ad:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Photos of the restored 010 that was sent:

Quote from John "I thought I was being nice by giving you an original cap."
"I gave you the cap that was on my turnkey motor."
So watch out for that turnkey motor!
Mr.36
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Mr.36 - [email protected] - John Huddleston Reply with quote

I offer to the correct the problem and you want to sit here and be a dick about it after even Everett said it'd be a good idea if I gave you a new cap. And then you want to talk bad about me other products. You have something mentally wrong with you.
ssmalibu2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Mr.36 - [email protected] - John Huddleston Reply with quote

The photos and your bad feedback speak for themselves!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr.36 - [email protected] - John Huddleston Reply with quote

The ad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1866701

Ad Text
Quote:
restored 010 bosch distributor
The 010, famous as a period performance upgrade, was actually a Bosch factory replacement for the VJR 4 BR 25, a distributor introduced in May, 1959 for the bastard 40hp engine for the 1959-1960 transporter. The unit, a mechanical advance distributor, has the same advance progression as its predecessor, providing approximately 10 degrees advance at 1400 rpm as measured at the distributor, 20 degrees at 2800 rpm at the crankshaft.

come with points, original cap, rotor or condenser.

Ad Photos

The insides look restored to me.

I can't tell from your text or the photos if he sent you a different distributor than what was pictured in the ad.

On the cap:
I agree he should have sent you the black cap pictured in the ad, even though some people prefer brown caps as they are the "correct" original color.
But - It does not say the cap, rotor, or condenser are new so the black cap may be used parts too. I can see the rotor is clearly a used part in the photo above.

If he offered to send you the black cap then it sounds like he tried to resolve your complaint.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
landisgarcia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr.36 - [email protected] - John Huddleston Reply with quote

I have driven the 36hp I got from him for about 300 miles, so far so good, no signs of nothing scary
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: