Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shift Lock by WW experience.
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackivory69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Shift Lock by WW experience. Reply with quote

I bought the Shifter Lock in Wolfsburg West. I searched here and the web and didn't get a lot of review so I bought one to find out for my self. After trying for more than an hour and few attempts I gave up. Yeap, I threw the towel. Evil or Very Mad Normally, I have a lot of patient on things like this. Also, mechanical is my thing. I'm an industrial mechanic for more tha 15 years now. So I deal with nuts and bolts almost everyday. But this "THING" kick my butt. Embarassed It's a PITA to install. No matter what I do I can't find the spot where I can get all the gears. So I'll return it tomorrow. Is there anybody else here successfully installed one? I was trying to install it on my 71 Riviera. Rolling Eyes
1969 Buggy

Last edited by blackivory69 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have a link to the item you bought? I can not find a BUS shift lock on their site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blackivory69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asiab3: Here yah go.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=ZVW36A
1969 Buggy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: I threw the towel. :( Reply with quote

blackivory69 wrote:
Is there anybody else here successfully installed one?

I doubt a thread title about a towel is going to attract much attention from peeps with shift locker experience.
blackivory69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: I threw the towel. :( Reply with quote

Desertbusman wrote:
blackivory69 wrote:
Is there anybody else here successfully installed one?

I doubt a thread title about a towel is going to attract much attention from peeps with shift locker experience.

Fixed it. Is that better? Thank you. Smile
1969 Buggy
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not dealt with the one shown (with the "new" key design) but have used the older WW ones. Yes they can be a pain to install and they need 2 people to do it (one under and one on top, wow that sounds like something for the Bay Pride Alliance). I also only did them in a Split (why protect a Bay back then). One issue I had was the floor mat needs to be cut away. Also make sure you are using the short shift plate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sxuxrxf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't installed one in a Bus yet, but I've done 3 or 4 in Beetles and a Thing. They can be tough, but keep at it and you'll get it.
I think the biggest issue I've run into if it isn't aligned just right it makes it difficult to get out of the locked in reverse position.
blackivory69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sxuxrxf wrote:
They can be tough, but keep at it and you'll get it.

Thanks for the little push but I went this morning and return it. I opted for the Front Cab rubber mat instead. Smile I'll think of something that I can fabricate to lock the shifter. But I'll get into it when "Tootsie" is ready for the road. Wink
1969 Buggy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: