Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ID - Bus Pilots 20th Annual Family Reunion - June 20-22 2014
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: ID - Bus Pilots 20th Annual Family Reunion - June 20-22 2014 Reply with quote

Hey all! Can you believe it's our 20th? Come to Boise for a weekend at the biggest VW event in Idaho! I copied the announcement below from the calendar threads- so any discussions/questions/brags can be aired here! I'll check in from time to time to make sure details are filled in as we nail 'em down. I'm proud of the way this show is shaping into a great destination for the summer. Thank you so much for the great support in the past and I look forward to seeing many of you again this year! Thanks, Bradford

Bus Pilots Presents:
The 20th Family Reunion

Join us for our 20th year!

Festivities will kick off Friday night June 20th @ 6pm with our annual cruise in and navigational rally.

Saturday June 21st @ 10am will be our annual swap meet and @ 1pm after the swap meet will a VW event (slow drags with a twist! so far)

Then Sunday June 22nd join us for the biggest VW show in Idaho! Show starts at 10am runs till 4pm. We will be on the grass again this year! Being are 20th year we are planning big things for the whole weekend. This is a show you wont want to miss!

Trophies will be awarded toward the end of the show.

Saturday swapping is $10 dollars for 20x20 asphalt pad.

We are looking for Vendors for the show! (Due to park guideline's we have to register you as a vendor prior to the show!) Please visit our club website and contact us to register for the event as a vendor and for more details @ www.buspilots.com

Out of townees have an arranged camping location in Boise, Tents will be needed or campers. Contact [email protected] to reserve a spot.

Club facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Bus-Pilots-Association/186994462417

Club Website: www.buspilots.com

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for a hint for the Navigational Road Rallye. Your clue to winning this year is to look for elements frighteningly similar to past rallyes!

Deja Vuu.

Hope to see you there!

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Shortbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...a few more details!

Friday night, 6pm: Cruise in to Boise VW Audi on Fairview near Milwaukee for a show and shine at the dealership and at 7pm the Navigational Road Rallye will start. Watch the Rallye participants leave from the dealership and cheer them on or just stick around for the show and shine under the dealership lights.

Saturday is swap day with the slow drags in the afternoon.

Sunday is the big show and we're pulling out all the stops this year! Don't miss it!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: The big Rally hint you've grown to love Reply with quote

Hello all,

As many of you know, at the one-week-'til mark, I always supply you guys with a stronger hint for rally success.

This year's: Think about all the folks and businesses that have supported the BPA for the past 20 years!

And new this year: An Immunity Idol!

Yes, for the first time, your evil Rallyemaster has conjured the Great Rally Spirit! The finder of the Idol has great power at the finish line. He or she possesses not only the ability to trade completion times with anyone tying them for points, but they also score some nifty roadside service items!

Simply put if you choose, even if you take 4 hrs, 7 mins, 34 secs to complete the rally, but have say 9 points, the other Cat Daddio that tied you at 9 in an hour now has the burden of one of the worst finish times in rally history, neat huh? This will help even out with those crazy times- but of course, the points are still the deciding factor.

Have a safe blast again this year and thank you!

Bradford

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: