Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

59skab - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 59skab
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 16, 2023
snyderboys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: 59skab - [email protected] Reply with quote

I wanted to warn other people about buying anything from 59skab (aka Phil). He had advertised a 64 type 3 ghia for sale at a price of 1,900.00. I had called him last week and made him an offer for 1,500.00 which he immediately accepted without any countering. I made it very clear to him that I wanted this car and that I would be driving 500 miles from northern Nevada to come pick up the car. I told him that I would be driving down on Friday (6/20) and I would pick up the car at 12:00 (noon) on Saturday (6/21). He said that would be fine, he was happy someone wanted to buy the whole car because he was prepared to cut it up and sell the pieces. I took Friday off from work and drove down to southern California and stayed with a friend. When I got up on Saturday morning there was a text message on my phone (which was sent to me at mid-night) which said that he had already sold the car on Friday. Needless to say I was very upset, I just spent $200.00 to rent a trailer and $250.00 in gas. I texted and called him on Saturday with no response. He never gave me a chance to counter the other persons offer (whatever that was) and gave me no indication that our deal was off. I would have gladly paid more money but was not given the chance. I was out 1 day of work and over $500.00 in expenses for nothing... As of today I still have not heard back from him to apologize or to give me an explanation and the add is still posted in the classifieds. This type of behavior hurts the VW community.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the ad.
You may wish to email him a link to this posting as well.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have done quite a bit of business with this seller/buyer in the thousands of dollars and all has gone well with good communication (everything happened exactly as promised). 2 sides to every story folks...
NLAVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i am currently mid transaction with this seller buying his 59 mango bus from the classifieds on here, he bought the bus from Manfred58sc above, i have found to be a very friendly and helpfull person to speak to, email communication is a little slow but i understand that this is a hobby and we all have other things outside vw's.

My new bus should be going to or arrived at shippers yesterday. So will re-post with an update as soon as i know. Thanks
type47fan1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see I am not the only one who had an issue with this guy. I bought two doors from him nearly 3 months ago. I got the passenger door in about 3 weeks after sending him a check. The check was an issue as I sent it then he said he could not cash it to send him a money order. I sent the Money order to him. He DID send my check back and shipped the passenger door the week after. The passenger door had welded hinges which were not described but since I was getting the drivers door I just lived with it.
The Drivers door was a different story entirely. I waited for months on this door described below. It got to the point where I would text him and ask and he said I will text you this week if I am going to ship it. After well over 2 months I said screw it and asked if he had shipped it and he said he was going to let me know by that Saturday. Also I shipped him an Early ignition switch for free during this time thinking he was a stand up guy, but really you will text me to tell me if you will ship it???
He said he would send my money back that Sunday. I agreed and figure I would move on. Saturday comes and no money. I ask and he said it will be there either that Saturday or that Monday. Monday comes, no money, tues,wed,thurs no money. I texted him again and ask and he said it was on the way.
Here is where his ethics really come into play. He was buying a seat from my buddy and my buddy asked me about him. I said I would not sell him a thing. At this point my Buddy told him hey I am not shipping it until Phillip gets his money. This was a Monday a solid week after he said he sent me the money back. On Thursday I finally got a money order dated the Tuesday after my buddy said he was not shipping until I was made right so that first refund was never sent. Only after my buddy held hi seat hostage did the money get sent.
So the drivers door is a Logo Door with GUARD PRINTING AND PUBLISHING COMPANY CENTRALIA MISSOURI, 65240 on it with a Knight. I would post a picture but the image was so small from him it will not host on here.

SO yes I got my money back after nearly 3 months and really only due to my buddy holding something he bought from him.
h
My 66 Westy Build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5825134#5825134
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He purchased a 59 standard bus from me and and the transaction was smooth as silk. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. Nice guy too. No sour grapes here. Paid our agreed price in nice crisp 100 dollar bills
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nalu33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold a gas tank to Felipe and I delivered it to the octo show. He showed up and paid me in cash, everything went well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 59skab - [email protected] Reply with quote

I seriously HOPE people that are thinking of buying from him read this before doing so!! This guy is a complete flake and a scam.. i tried to buy a bus from him, and he wanted me to.send the money to his girlfriend cause he doesnt have id... Instant red flag.... like a fool i agreed.. for some reason they couldnt receive money.. so i then sent it another route and STILL nothing.. days went buy with thousands of dollars just sitting there with no.communication... he would occasionaly send me a txt asking if i still.wanted it.., WTF!!! he even wasted the time of the carrier that I assigned to the car on waste of gas and everything else that's part of this job... I would not mess with this guy with a ten-foot pole on anything he has. Unless you want to lose your money or waste your time. Save your extra bucks and go somewhere else
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: