Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

John's Bug Shop - Niagara Falls, Ontario
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
das buug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: John's Bug Shop - Niagara Falls, Ontario Reply with quote

I can't say enough for the customer service I received at John's Bug Shop in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Try them-no one else like them !
fatapple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't have anything good to say about them, ordered a rear fender from them on April 12 was told two weeks I would have it, called today May 2 and was told they would not have it for another two weeks, not only did I pay more for the fender than anywhere else but this has also screwed me in getting the car back on the road. This was my first time dealing with them and the last time. This is shitty customer service.

Chris.
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought some stuff from John in the past, but I have to say their prices are about as high as they come. They'll work in a pinch, but I couldn't ever make them a primary supplier because of their pricing. I'm sure it's even worse now that the US Dollar is all but worthless. Outside of that, John has a nice store and is generally a friendly guy to deal with. I always attend the show he sponors in June in Niagara Falls.
fatapple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the fender is finally in, 5 weeks boy that is good service, Talk to them about shipping it for free due to waiting so long and was told NO WAY THAT WILL COME OUT OF OUR PROFIT. So let me see, drive 3hrs one way so 6 hrs total for a fender, so now I have to pay for shipping and wait some more for this fender. THIS PLACE IS A FRIGGEN JOKE. Fender is going to cost me by the time I get about $200.00. So if anyone was dealing with or planning on it don't bother. This to me is RAPE.

Chris
1971BugGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear about bad experiences in dealing with John. I've dealt with him in the past and will continue into the future. I must confess and say that, due to his pricing, I can't make him my main supplier of parts but he's less than 2 hours from where I live and that helps when I need something today. John (and his staff) is great to deal with and very helpful when needing a bit of advice. He really knows his stuff.
Due to a clutch cross shaft breakage last summer, I was very close to missing June Jitterbug in Niagara. John pulled through for me and got the part right away and got me to the show. I couldn't have gotten it from any other supplier so expediently.

BTW. for anyone interested...

John's Bug Shop announced they will be holding their annual "Wet and Chilly" Swap Meet on May 2, 2009

June Jitterbug is scheduled for June 20th, 21st, 2009

1971 Super Beetle
1986 Vanagon Westfalia Weekender
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a case that I had John's inspect and open up for larger cylinders. I couldn't be happier with the service. It's nice to have a shop in Southern Ontario that actually stocks aircooled parts and accessories.

Erik
Bruce MacDonald
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought many parts from John. He and his staff have always struck me as knowledgeable and very helpful. He sponsors several shows and really seems to do his best to keep the hobby strong here in Southern Ontario. Don't know how many others you could say that about here in the "southern Frozen North". Laughing
fast Ed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with Bruce's assessment. Since last year when I've come back in to the world of ACVWs here in southern Ontario, John's has been very helpful with advice and product sales. I haven't bought everything from them, as mentioned the prices can be higher than from other sources ... but when I've needed something quickly and called them at 3:30 in the afternoon, they've made sure to get it shipped out overnight for me. For excellent service I will gladly pay a reasonable premium.

cheers
Ed N.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had dealing with John from John's Bug Shop for well over 20-years.

1st experience: Running boards for my '72 Super Beetle - advised me how to mount them (I was a newbie). Positive.

2nd experience: Did a full restoration on a '67 beetle. John lowered the front beam, installed engine and turned it all up. He had a '67 parts car he let me pick missing parts from (which were many and only charged me $30 for the misc. parts) and this enabled me to get the car done for a local show. Totally positive

3rd, 4th, 5th experience: Various parts for various air-cooled cars. The difference between John's Bug Shop and other on-line shops is his knowledge and quality of parts. I would enter his shop and ask for part "X" and he would tell me not to order it that the part brand to order was "Y". How does he know? Well they install the parts on customer cars all the time and they have learned what works and what part fits and what part will last. Some mail-order companies do not care about quality.

John has supported this hobby for 30+ years. The June Jitter Bug has been running for 28 years and is one of the best shows to attend.

I support my local VW shop and recommend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: