Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fiberglass fenders?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drscope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'67 Sunroof wrote:
You guys carried on after I said I passed on the deal......

Remember that your question or topic may also be relevant to many other people looking for the same answers. So just because you tapped out doesn't mean the topic should always be closed.

Sometimes some of the best advice pops up after the original poster got his answers and moved on.
R&DvwENG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We make a lot of fiberglass and carbon fiber parts, for automotive and the aviation industry. We are in the process of making fender molds, if you drive alot of back roads and rougher roads, then fiberglass fenders are great so you don't get rocks creasing the metal which then cracks the paint, or you get a bigger rock that will actually dent the metal. When fiberglass is done right, you won't experience star cracks or spider cracks on the fiberglass.

Our fenders will be posted in the classifids section once they're ready! Check out our parts we offer, all carbon fiber parts are made to aircraft spec.

I can't figure out how to post pics in here from my phone, so just click my profile page to see our ads we have listed.

Carbon fiber decklids, cf running boards, kick panels, dash grills, gloveboxes, all kinds of parts!

OP, hope you got everything figured out![/img]
drscope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R&DvwENG wrote:
We make a lot of fiberglass and carbon fiber parts, for automotive and the aviation industry. We are in the process of making fender molds, if you drive alot of back roads and rougher roads, then fiberglass fenders are great so you don't get rocks creasing the metal which then cracks the paint, or you get a bigger rock that will actually dent the metal. When fiberglass is done right, you won't experience star cracks or spider cracks on the fiberglass.

Our fenders will be posted in the classifids section once they're ready! Check out our parts we offer, all carbon fiber parts are made to aircraft spec.

I can't figure out how to post pics in here from my phone, so just click my profile page to see our ads we have listed.

Carbon fiber decklids, cf running boards, kick panels, dash grills, gloveboxes, all kinds of parts!

Looked briefly through your site: http://www.rd-eng.com/ You don't have much information listed on your parts. It would be a lot more comforting to prospective buyers if they knew more about the parts and why they are better before pulling out the credit card and placing an order. Just saying.
R&DvwENG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drscope wrote:
R&DvwENG wrote:

Looked briefly through your site: http://www.rd-eng.com/ You don't have much information listed on your parts. It would be a lot more comforting to prospective buyers if they knew more about the parts and why they are better before pulling out the credit card and placing an order. Just saying.

Thanks for the input, we will add info to each part. As a small family owned & operated company, it is tough to dedicate time on the computer when the shop needs ran. I do appreciate your input, we will work on this!
lyrikz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass fenders? Reply with quote

'67 Sunroof wrote:
Is there any advantages or drawbacks to using these?
Two of my front fenders have pretty bad dings and found some that are 4.5" wider in the rear and 3" wider in the front for sale....
The buyer "said" he paid $1100 for the set of 4 and running boards...
He wants $600.
They also come with the early style light housing which I prefer. What do y'all think? 4 new non dented fenders for $600 seems like a pretty good deal to me?
Thanks for any input

I know this is old, but i have a set of rear fiberglass fenders that im running. They are wider ones. Besides running the grounds, i dont see many down falls to them. They are super solid, and very easy to repair fiberglass.
I love mine.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: