Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tires?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bajio181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: tires? Reply with quote

i live in mexico and need tires for tha safari.. they gotta be all terrain tires because i live in the country. im not finding the tires! it's like nothing's available, but i know that can't be the case. what are the kickass tires? the rims are 205 60r15 91h
MarcG.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: tires? Reply with quote

have you tried tirerack.com? other than that, i don't know where else to suggest looking.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: tires? Reply with quote

You may be confusing tire size with rim size. You have listed a tire size. Find your rim width and then go to a tire size selector web site and match it up. If the size you have listed is what is on there now, you should have plenty of options. In hte US the Thing had 14" wheels not 15".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: tires? Reply with quote

i believe you can find a good M+S tire at discount tire, in 14 or 15, whichever the case may be for your car, the 15 inch rim is 5.5 inches wide, so you cannot get too rad on aspect ratios, try a truck 7.10-15 snow tire, or 7.00-15.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: tires? Reply with quote

I run Marshall Venture ATs 205/75/14s reasonably agressive tread, no clearance issues on stock fenders and about $68 each. they are also available in the same width in a 15" diameter.
bajio181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: tires? Reply with quote

wow, thanks for speedy responses, those size numbers were stamped on the tire, so they must be the tire size (duh), though i've noticed that my rims are bigger and wider than the ones on the bugs around here, and everyone here says that they take a 14 tire. stock safari rims are bigger than bug rims, aren't they?
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: tires? Reply with quote

I suspect you have 15" bus rims. Not a problem, I agree with Kubelken, 7.10X15 are narrow enough and you will be bale to get them with truck tire M&S tread. Will look "mean."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: