Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

58 patina ghia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Just hope that Prada store wasn't anywhere near a crossroads...I know how you musicians are drawn to crossroads. Wink

...we all know the devil wears Prada!

Nice one John! I stole that line for our Facebook page! But you know I sold my soul a long long time ago....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
But you know I sold my soul a long long time ago....

Ah yes but to good effect John. Wink
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta work this into a future album cover John. Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took this pick from the balcony at the super 8 motel in benson, az on my way back to el paso from tucson. had a great trip. i've decided that the ghia is an awesome road car. i never really liked the bug on the interstate.
Bloku
Expert Noob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow great trip, great ghia! How many miles did you go on your trip? . Does the engine have anything done to it other than tuned?
1975 BMW 2002
1976 BMW 2002 (Bored and Stroked w/ 5-Speed)
1981 BMW E21
1986 Toyota 4Runner (Dead engine and trans)
1989 Toyota 4x4 PU
1994 BMW E36 (Daily)
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloku wrote:
wow great trip, great ghia! How many miles did you go on your trip? . Does the engine have anything done to it other than tuned?

Just a stock 36 from that era, the original came with the car, but had a severly damaged case. I kept her at 70mph pretty much for the whole trip. It's my second time to and from Tucson, I've also drove her to Marfa and back and to Albuquerque and back. I wouldnt do these trips in the summer heat though.
bluedot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shameless video plug for a short we did cuz you mentioned Prada.

We were just driving back from a shoot - and came across this place in the middle of nowhere, and had all our cinematography stuff with us!

Link
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John always said he wanted to get his Ghia in one of the band's videos. He has now...sorta Wink

Link

calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting John, we did some more video promotion work the last time I was in Tucson with the Ghia, so keep your eyes and ears open for some more. And if any other Ghia Sambinistas want to come to a show I can try to get you on a guest list if I know in advance, just shoot me a pm! Check our tour dates here www.casadecalexico.com
thruhiker74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calexican wrote:
Thanks for posting John, we did some more video promotion work the last time I was in Tucson with the Ghia, so keep your eyes and ears open for some more. And if any other Ghia Sambinistas want to come to a show I can try to get you on a guest list if I know in advance, just shoot me a pm! Check our tour dates here www.casadecalexico.com

Sorry our paths didn't cross during your recent return back to the Old Pueblo. Glad your car ran like a champ though!
No hometown shows on this tour eh?
By the way, I was down at the Cafe' a la C'art (Museum of Art) for kid's story time this weekend and had fond memories of the first time I saw you guys play in that plaza there. Must have been 2001 or 2002?
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

So sorry to be missing the show in London this April John. I must recommend Calexico "Live" always a great show...don't bother trying to find a seat in the auditorium you have to stand for a Calexico Show. Very Happy
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thruhiker74 wrote:
calexican wrote:

Sorry our paths didn't cross during your recent return back to the Old Pueblo. Glad your car ran like a champ though!
No hometown shows on this tour eh?
By the way, I was down at the Cafe' a la C'art (Museum of Art) for kid's story time this weekend and had fond memories of the first time I saw you guys play in that plaza there. Must have been 2001 or 2002?

Yeah, I was hoping to have some extra time to hang out but we were super busy. I think too, we are going to try and do another Festival en El Barrio soon to benefit KXCI.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

The promotional video for the new album, with John's Ghia has just been posted on YouTube. Loving what I'm hearing John. Very Happy

Link

calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

El Paso street in Tucson. This is where I stay when I come back here to record or visit my daughters, and there is always this little bug parked here.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

So from El Paso to El Paso Street. Looks like an early '60s ragtop. Smile
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

and then back in el paso another red bug. my neighbor is a vw fan as well, he is restoring a porsche, and has a bus as well.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

the great photographer Valerio Spada took this pic of my 58 as i pulled out of wavelab studio heading back to el paso from tucson.

reminds me a little of dylans modern times album cover....just a little..
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your performance in New Plymouth (New Zealand) but my mate and fellow Ghia owner Dean went and told me all about it. I'm going to be in Europe in July and fingers-crossed hope that you have a show laid on then.

Is my luck going to change?

PS I like your neighbour's Bug too. I had one just like that, but blue.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

calexican wrote:

the great photographer Valerio Spada took this pic of my 58 as i pulled out of wavelab studio heading back to el paso from tucson.

reminds me a little of dylans modern times album cover....just a little..

Love that John Very Happy Maybe some way you can get the Ghia into the artwork for the next album cover. Wink
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: 58 patina ghia Reply with quote

Quote:
reminds me a little of dylans modern times album cover....just a little.

I think your pic is MUCH cooler, you can actually tell its a ghia. Very Happy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 6 of 21

Jump to: