Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Window rubber too big
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt1972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Window rubber too big Reply with quote

I got the window rubber from Jbugs for my 72 std. It is just a tad to big and does not fit on the windows tight - therefore the silver trim does not want to stay as well.....I tried some trim adhesive on the windshield with some success...the side window trim is bigger - hate to cut it and then try to seal....
suggestions?

this is more of a PIA than it should be!
boater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I did my 68 windshield, you have to inch the rubber together as you go along. By the time you get to the end, you should be fine.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: