Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1966 correct seat covers (and door panels)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oe_tuner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked correct 66 door panels! Woo hoo! Razz
obfuscurity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got the new seat covers installed tonight, before the big All Air-Cooled Gathering this weekend. With the exception of a couple loose threads and a slightly weird fit on one of the front seats (I think due to the basketweave pattern being stitched at a slight angle), I couldn't be happier. They really do look the part for a '66. If anyone's around at the show this weekend and wants to see them, look for my red '66 with Maryland tags.
graysky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obfuscurity wrote:
So I finally got the new seat covers installed tonight, before the big All Air-Cooled Gathering this weekend. With the exception of a couple loose threads and a slightly weird fit on one of the front seats (I think due to the basketweave pattern being stitched at a slight angle), I couldn't be happier. They really do look the part for a '66. If anyone's around at the show this weekend and wants to see them, look for my red '66 with Maryland tags.

Pics? Congratulations on getting the seats done and thanks so much for starting this thread in the first place and getting the word out that TMI was producing 66 correct seat covers.
Pogel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: 66 Upholstery Reply with quote

Like many others I have been asking and searching for the correct style without success. The big question left is are they available in Pigalle?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fla2smoker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Upholstery Reply with quote

Pogel wrote:
Like many others I have been asking and searching for the correct style without success. The big question left is are they available in Pigalle?

Anyone know how close the TMI red is to the original Pigalle?
Derfburg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted TMI and asked for a few swatches to match my color, I had the original panels still so could cross match. You might go that route just to be sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Sahara74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: More questions over 66 seat covers Reply with quote

So here I am nearly ready to order TMI seat covers from WW for my 66 beetle to restore its pigalle interior but I'm hung-up on a couple of questions. I'm right there with Pogel and fla2smoker, should I order bright red or red. WW appears to only have red as an option. Anybody have an opinion as to which is closer to the original ? My original is missing or seriously toasted. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I'm also wondering if TMI resolved the heat seam issue on the backseat backrest ? I've sent these questions to them but I was just wondering if anybody has ordered them recently. WW assured me that these are the most authentic 66 covers on the market. Just hangin' back and gathering info before I lay down the $$$.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sahara74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: The latest Reply with quote

Greetings all you crazy 66 owners. Mario just informed me that for the pigalle seat covers, they only offer red #17, not bright red. The reason is they don't have bright red basket weave.

As far as the back seat heat seams running over the top ( or not !) I'm waiting to hear. Those guys at TMI get the prize for customer service.

To be continued.
graysky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The latest Reply with quote

Sahara74 wrote:
Greetings all you crazy 66 owners. Mario just informed me that for the pigalle seat covers, they only offer red #17, not bright red. The reason is they don't have bright red basket weave.

As far as the back seat heat seams running over the top ( or not !) I'm waiting to hear. Those guys at TMI get the prize for customer service.

To be continued.

Keep us updated if you hear about the seat backs, I'm very curious (and hopeful) it's been corrected.
Sahara74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: The latest on TMI '66 back seat cover Reply with quote

Well gentlemen, it appears that if we really want closer-to-original back seat covers, someone has to take their OG 1966 cover (s) over to TMI to copy. That's the latest. My cover is a crumbling mess. Anybody out there want to volunteer ?

Now I have to decide, is close, close enough or do I just wait. Dang !!
9pin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally would if I could! The decision on what color to do my interior is depending on this thread! Razz
graysky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The latest on TMI '66 back seat cover Reply with quote

Sahara74 wrote:
Well gentlemen, it appears that if we really want closer-to-original back seat covers, someone has to take their OG 1966 cover (s) over to TMI to copy. That's the latest. My cover is a crumbling mess. Anybody out there want to volunteer ?

Sahara, I am about as anal as can be on little details such as the heat seams, and I have to say that even for me, close is close enough. I'm really happy with these seat covers. If TMI was definitely going to correct it I would say wait, but if it's a matter of waiting around for something that may never happen, I say go for it now! My .02 cents
graysky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The latest on TMI '66 back seat cover Reply with quote

Sahara74 wrote:

I no longer have the original sad, torn and abused cover that was in my car to send to TMI, but I measured the heat seam and it was 18" long measured from the bottom edge of the cover to where it ends about 3/4 of the way up the seat back. Maybe that's enough info that a original copy won't be needed? Fingers crossed...
Sahara74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Correct rear seat cover for 66 Reply with quote

Graysky, You might want to pass that bit of info on to Mario. It can't hurt. I just received my swatches of red basketweave and plain vinyl and they appear a little more maroon/almost bricky red. I think "bright red" would be closer to OG but it ain't going to happen apparently. Man I am wrestling with this but the choices are few.
TMI Products
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try and bring in a few yards of bright red basket weave to match our bright red smooth vinyl. Being that the cost will be higher then buying a roll, the price on the 44-1136 will be slightly higher then normal.

If anybody has exact measurements of the rear seat heat seam, I can get the tooling changed. If you measure wrong, I will make sure to forward all complaints to you. Laughing
VW Division Sales Manager
[email protected]

TMI Products
1493 Bentley Dr.
Corona Ca, 92879
1-800-624-7960
951-272-1584 FAX
graysky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMI Products wrote:
If anybody has exact measurements of the rear seat heat seam, I can get the tooling changed. If you measure wrong, I will make sure to forward all complaints to you. Laughing

Unfortunately, i didn't keep the old covers to measure them again, but my note says it was a total of 18" from the bottom of the vinyl to where it terminated approximately 3/4's of the way up the seat. Just so I don't get all the complaints <shiver> if you tooled them the same length as the ones already on your front seat backs that would be perfect.
Sahara74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Mario,

That is great news on the bright red . Woo Hoo !! I went out and measured the backseat heat sealed seam on my toasted OG cover and it matches Graysky's 18" from bottom edge to end-of-seam. If needed, I can send a picture with the tape on it.

So, I assume we would be ordering direct from TMI and not through a distributor ? Thanks again for working with us, you guys rock !!!

Thanks Graysky for staying with it.
graysky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sahara74 wrote:
Thanks Graysky for staying with it.

And thanks to Mario for putting up with us!
Sahara74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: poll on correct 66 seat covers Reply with quote

With the possibility that TMI is making their pigalle seat covers for 66 beetles closer to original, I propose an informal poll. How many of you out there would order a set of seat covers in TMI's bright red vinyl for your pigalle interior ? Just curious as I'm waiting to hear from Mario if it's even possible and some interest out there might be the ticket.
Pogel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: TMI Pigalle Reply with quote

That's what I need - '66 Pigalle interior. Right now I have toasted front seats, wrong color red rear, 1 gnarly pigalle door panel, three grey TMI panels and charcoal carpets.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: