Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Introduction- Heafust's '69 Beetle
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heafust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Introduction- Heafust's '69 Beetle Reply with quote

Nothing you haven't seen here before. But I've had this thing almost a year, and it's been since April '14 that I made my first, and last 'till now, thread. So I figured I'd attempt to make a proper introduction. I can't afford to build the car dreams are made of, BUT I did decide, in part because of my distributor problem, that I wasn't going to cheap out anymore. Well, maybe I will on the bodywork, well see, just more concerned with reliability for now. Haven't been able to drive it more than 20 minutes from the house without it overheating. So I haven't even fired it up these last 2 months or so. I have the plans, just need the money. So here are the basic pics. Then please see post #2 for a question I have.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Heafust on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heafust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Is this right? Reply with quote

Is the crease in the front left quarter panel supposed to be there?? It follows the fender line perfectly, so I'm thinking yes. But there is definitely something wrong with the front end, I've measured, etc., and still can't figure out why my left wheel sticks out further than the right. BUT the gap between the right fender and wheel is greater than on the other side. Obviously it's been hit on the right side, but even if it was hit hard enough to affect the left side...well it still wouldn't make sense. (The accident was pre- me, so I really don't know the specifics.)

Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Is this right? Reply with quote

Heafust wrote:
Is the crease in the front left quarter panel supposed to be there??

No

A good hit in the bumper or fender will crease the quarter panel. Look for more damage around the bumper mount and where the fender bolts to the car.

And be more careful with the turn signals. They are 2 year only parts and good lenses are difficult to find.

Also. Ask a mod to put this thread in the late model Beetle forum so you can get more views from people who know the late model cars.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Heafust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have moved my question to the body work section:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7452788#7452788
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: