Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aircooled.net - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 10, 2023
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've been moving for the past 3 weeks, and there is simply no way to run the business and move at the same time. It will be taken care of soon enough, it's just bad timing. We HATE falling behind, but the move was necessary, and could not have taken place another time unfortunately.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RHough
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to the ACVW as of 2013. I've dealt with several vendors. I keep coming back to ACN. I'm not always happy with John's attitude but this is not a guy setting out to make money and chose Aircooled VW Parts to make his millions. This is a VW guy turning his passion and hobby into a business. No one can compare ACN to Amazon or other retailers. The reasons for being in business are not the same. I think dealing with a prickly John is a small price to pay for years of free advice.

Also after reading this thread I know that John and ACN have addressed some issues that have been raised.

One of the best sources for ACVW stuff on the net.
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John just hooked me up with a great deal on a crank/flywheel combo.
Never any worries buying from John.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Doktor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my order from ac.net, and again, everything was ok.
Allways a good expirience. Cool

Regards,
Leo
Weezle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought too much stuff from AC.net to list, including a long block. The recent move of the business slowed things down, but communications was always good and I always felt like I was being taken care of, not just another customer. If I emailed a kind of general order update or info question that may take up to a week to hear back, but if I email a specific question and ask to hear back right away I hear back that day.

I have a small business with a few employees and a lot of customers to service going on 20 years now. I get it. And I also know that you can't make all the people happy all of the time because about 1 in 20 will fall in the category of "there's just no pleasing you".

If customer service includes answering questions for advice about builds and putting all the bits and pieces on your long block before shipping it at no extra charge then I defy anyone to beat AC.net's customer service. Will continue to use them for parts whenever possible.

edit: I was notified in advance that the move would cause a delay in the long block order which I agreed to - just want to clarify that. It wasn't a surprise

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604918&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=759868&highlight=

Last edited by Weezle on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Doktor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you.
This time, everything was slower, but after seven years of good experience, there is some confidence from my side as a customer.
And again, all went well. Smile
I was warned that I will wait a little bit longer, and that is fair communication !
Kalen1970
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've shopped quite a few times at aircooled.net, and figured it was time to give feedback.

I've always had a pleasant experience, I've even used the Chat Feature on their website to speak with John and get advice on parts/engine builds (back when it was available). One of the things I've always appreciated about john, is him not being afraid to save the customer from themselves. I work in an industry where I have to do the same thing, because the customer doesn't always know best and is about to go out and make a mistake.

One thing I do want so specifically address and I know people have complained about it on here, and its an unwarranted complaint, Shipping prices. John has explained several times, that they are simply estimates and that 90% of the time the actual cost is quite lower than the estimate. This is just business folks. I just want to add a positive experience I had over this same issue. I placed two orders, on the 26th, and the 27th, I left a simple note on my second order asking if it was possible to combine the two and save on shipping. Aircooled.net Did just that and the shipping costs where much much lower than the estimates.

Thanks So much John!
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my haste i had clicked the wrong link and gotten the wrong yr kit that i didnt realize until i had unboxed..........i thought i was pretty screwed but the team here went ahead and took care of me,thanks again
Russbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: aircooled.net contact problems Reply with quote

Got my two front drums from aircooled on Thursday pm but one was damaged.

Emailed Thursday. Emailed Saturday. Called this morning (Monday.) NO RESPONSE.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.
aircoolednetoffice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Busy season response times...we are working hard to help! Reply with quote

Hi Russ,
We are sorry we disappointed you with the 3 business delay in our correspondence response time. It's a busy time of year for us and we recently lost one of our best correspondence/care clerks...just before Spring VW fever hit! We try to respond with at least an acknowledgement within 1-2 business days usually, but especially headed into the weekend, we sometimes miss our target and can't follow up till the following week.

I sent you your awaited reply via email a few minutes ago, and we will stay on top of the issue from here till we get it resolved for you.

Thanks to everyone for your patience while we work hard to deserve the trust you place in us when you place your order at Aircooled.Net :0) !

Sincerely
Stephanie
Russbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Stephanie Reply with quote

That was quick.
OK, so the bus might live. Yay.
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great people to deal with.

Had a piston without the snap ring groove, took a pic and they had another one sent.

Got some idfs pre jetted, the jets that came with them weren't the ones they said they sent. They are sending me new ones plus a envelope to send the ones I have back.

Quick responses from them. Normally I get the correct parts but when I don't they're fast to fix the problem.
vwkirb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their parts are always of quality and the offer great articles and advice. However I have had the worst luck emailing them about orders that are held up. I can't ever seem to get a response. Backorders are a pain, thats for sure, but customers want details. That way they can make arrangement and or adjust their expectations. I would suggest this company to anyone but if you have backorder items Rolling Eyes .

Maybe I'm just unlucky, when it comes to emailing.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Correspondence Backlog Reply with quote

Our main customer care rep, Stephanie only just got back on her feet after a 10 day bout with pneumonia. She was doing as much email as she could while she was sick, but it wasn't enough to keep up. She and our new care rep, Jessie (who just started full time this week) are working through the backlog and are committed to getting everyone taken care of.

So if you've been waiting a reply, you will hear back from us by the end of this weekend. We reply to every email we receive...and the volume would surprise you! We are sorry for the longer than usual response times -- Stephanie hates being behind as much or more than you guys do :0)

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jjohnson67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered parts from AC.NET. had a part back ordered, got an email from Stephanie regarding the back order. Emailed back and got a tracking # that afternoon. Thanks for the prompt response and great customer service. Will use ac.NET again.
fivelugshortaxle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top notch service...If a part is on back order I am notified immediately. My orders always arrive in a timely manner and exactly as ordered. I've actually never had a bad experience with them....which is saying a lot in the world of aftermarket vw parts...and I order a lot. Their website also contains tons of information to answer almost any question you could come up with. Top notch
4340 84mm crank
AA 94mm p&c' s
Total seal 2nd ring, rest are Grants
5.5 h beams
Magnum straight cuts
Steve Long XR310 on a 106
CB 1.4 rockers
CB Magnaspark 2 distributor
NGK D7ea plugs
A1 lowdown 1 3/4 with single muffler
Dellorto 48's with 40 venturies
Kennedy Stage 2 with Daiken disc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net Reply with quote

Just saw a thread come up slamming acnet for higher prices, so here's my experience.. John has helped me with recommendations on jetting, case repair, cam and lifters, rocker arms and more over the last couple years. Is his store more expensive than other places? Yes. I'm more than willing to buy from John as he has made it clear through his actions that he cares about people, even those who aren't directly his customers.
They only thing I wish he could improve is turnaround time on orders.
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
can86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net Reply with quote

Is anyone having a hard time getting an email or phone call back from these guys?

Prior to placing my order a month ago. I would receive responses within minutes via email, and now nothing for the last week or so...

I am trying to clear up some things on some backordered items. I've sent 3 emails and called twice. They just busy?
Kiwi1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net Reply with quote

Hi
I am based down in New Zealand at the bottom of the world.I placed a order with Aircooled.net back in mid Jan for just over $4000 for a new engine build for my split bus. I had checked out various vendors re price/feedback. What made me decide to go with Aircoold.net was reading a lot of posts where John gives valuable free advice and says it like it is.While I found initial contact with them to be a bit slow once the ball got rolling the order came together very fast the order included new case with extra maching done,.L3 heads to my specified cc etc. I unpackaged all the parts this week. They were super extremely well packaged, machining looks to be very good and the order was totally correct.They may be a bit slower than some of the other aircooled warehouse style places possibly because John run a tight ship with regards to staff ,but I would rather wait a bit longer and end up with a quality product/advice. Thanks to Stephanie . Corbin and John-Will definitely use you again-also any Kiwis reading this I found the guys from Mainfreight Kiwi Shipping to have fantastic service and a really sharp price for shipping the goods seafreight from California To New Zealand
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trailbum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net Reply with quote

Received my OEM Engine case today, great packaging by the way. Thanks John for the quick delivery. You saved me about $300 from local dealers aftermarket engine cases. Will recommend your services to others, thanks again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: