Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best linkage for Baby Dells
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRNKNSTNGHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Best linkage for Baby Dells Reply with quote

Tried using search forum and found recommendations on good linkages but didn't see anything specifically listed for the Dell 34 FRDs. As I already have a set of rebuilt Baby Dells, I want reliable and quality linkage. Does the 34 ICTs linkage kits work on Dell 34s?

If not, can someone direct me to what they feel is the best linkage available for the Dell 34s.

Going on 1600SP if that matters.

Omar M
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out the Gene Berg linkage kits.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eaallred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used been linkage on baby dells. It works.

You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; Jealousy you have to earn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
saw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not know if any of the cross bar linkage kits make a air filter base plate that will fit the Dellorto FRDs to mount the cross bar.

Look at Scat universal center pull linkage. Will have to do some modifying to get it to fit. I have never used it on the Dellorto FRDs but it works well with the Weber ICTs. Also CSP center pull linkage for ICTs may be able to be made to fit the Dellorto FRDs. I currently use the CSP linkage on the ICTs and will say it's the best linkage for these carbs I have tried.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set up a CSP linkage on a set, after removing a Scat center pull. It was much higher quality, and easy to set up. The bearings in the center pivot really make it smooth and eliminate slop.
FRNKNSTNGHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will look into the CSP and the Gene Berg kit. Thanks everyone.

I am to assume I will most likely have to buy kit for ICT and make slight modification to work?
saw2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest thing will be fitting the CSP throttle arms on the Dellortos and the length of the linkage rods. The CSP ICT kit came with 3 rod lengths to work with depending on manifold height.

These worked fine with the short manifolds that comes with the ICTs. When I switched to tall Scat manifolds I had to modify rod length.

CSP also makes a kit for Kadrons. Maybe these would be better for the FRDs. Depending on your manifold height.
Might have to do some research to see which one will take less altering to work for FRDs.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: