Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cylinder head Identification
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCTTIM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Cylinder head Identification Reply with quote

021 101 371 S

I thought these were 914 but I was told the 4 studs on the intake disqualify them. Looked at 3 pages in archives and found nothing with this part #. The Intake valve looks to be about 46.5mm .

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I've been asked if these would fit a LIMBO Camper 2000cc CJ prefix, Australian VW? I thought I was a guru holy moly

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are 1800 heads. They could be 914, 411/412 cars or bus. The part numbers for the 1.8 heads on all of those vehicles are the same. They all have 4 intake studs.

Only the 914 2.0L has three studs. Its part number is 039 101 371A. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JCTTIM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: heads Reply with quote

Thanks Ray. I'll check some Porsche sites and some other heads I have from my pile. I thought they were 2.0 914 and was told no. Now I have that info. Much appreciated.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is from another website

Quote:
The 021 101 371s head is from a "AN" 1800 cc 412/914 engine

which agrees with what Ray said
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those do look like pretty big valves in the picture. its entirely possible that the 1.8 heads were flycut to run on a 2.0 engine. That still does not make them 914 2.0L.
The 2.0L 914 had larger chambers and different spark plug angle...and possibly slightly different intake angle. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Tcash has collated all this information into one thread?
Cool
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are Porsche 2.0L heads. The heads in your picture look like huge intake valves maybe 48mm which is too big.
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Cylinder heads Reply with quote

I have an engine for my bus with the S heads that were New old stock that i sent to Adrian @ www.headflowmasters.com to be upgraded with seats & valves along with some port work to get them a little closer for work in the heavier bus.

Pic on page 3 in my gallery photo's

Your 021 101 371 S HEADS will also need to be reworked since the picture of the head in the foreground has a Bad exhaust valve&seat Shocked

But if you spend the money and have them reconditioned they will work well
with the right compression ratio setup.
these heads have the largest chambers @ 55 - 56 C.C.'s so the build will require a Compression ratio of 7.3 to 8.0 for the street driven daily driver
Dished Pistons and a deck of approx: .065 in.

The Stock Valves for these heads are 41 mm int. & 34 mm ext.

Adrian replaces the seats and installs 42 x 36 and YOUR seats &Valves look Larger in the photo's so it would be a good idea to post the measurements .
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the AMC1800 heads with my engine and use the 914 2.0L USA pistons with the smaller dish. I am running a tighter deck ht too (.045) to achieve a 7.8 to 1 CR.
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: