Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

57baja - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 57baja
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 19, 2024
SeeKirbyGo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered a set as well and had the exact same experience, as rev. I drove down to the shop and jeff made sure that ever thing would fit and had to customize a few things for me to fit my set up.. They are very knowledgeable and hands on with every order. I highly recommend doing biz with the KaddieShack.
ninodj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had my kads rebuilt by jeff and the crew at the kaddie shack and WOW!!!!! they look brand spanking new cant wait to install them back on my 67 bug

Suicide door 65 bug DD
Bastard 67 bug Non-OP
ejghia56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Dual Kadron 40's Reply with quote

I wanted to say a very BIG THANKS to Jeff and the guys at Kaddie Shack. I called Jeff and asked about sending old sets of Kadron Carbs for credit towards a re-build and he said sure, gave me in an email what he could do. I sent three (3) sets of carbs, two sets rebuildable, and one set could be used for parts. WOW, they rebuilt one set and sent back, bolted them on, set linkage, hooked up the fuel lines, fired right up and have ran perfect. And did I say they looked great, the process they use is phenomenal to say the least.
We have always bought several sets a year from various sources but these guys have sold me on their process. I have had problems with several factory built sets right out of the box over the years, leaks, needing rebuild kits, etc but these from Kaddie Shack are the best I have ever seen out the gate.

Thanks again,
Eric Johnson
Raleigh NC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alte Blechdose
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm helping a friend with a 77 bus and he started looking for options on carbs I mentioned Kadrons and asked if he'd be interested in going that route. I spoke to Miguel at Kaddieshack the following day and got a quote on the carbs. The guy knows his stuff and they've been doing Kads for awhile, I went ahead and ordered them right then. Three weeks later as promised the carbs arrived today. We are gonna put them on this weekend but I have to say these carbs are sweet and came pre-tuned for the stock 2000cc motor. I'll post back on the results after the installation.

Rick
Alte Blechdose
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Started install only to find the EMPI type 2/4 manifolds are crap. Had to grind a sizable portion of them down in order to fit a 11mm socket on the supplied nuts. I used 1/4 inch drive wrench and extension along with a swivel and eventually got them installed, still had a hard time getting the socket and swivel off the nut. I called Jeff about the issue and forwarded pics of the problem. No results other than grind more off the manifold and socket. "We sell hundreds of these things and never a problem".

This is not a uncommon problem as I'm finding out. I'm obviously the only person that's complained about it. Something else that bothers me is that the carbs are toed in towards each other due to the manifolds. Not just a little bit either. Looks odd but don't believe it will effect the carbs function. This toe in is likely why the cooling tins have to be "Dimpled" to allow pump lever clearance for the carbs. Should have just went with 44 HPMX's and would have been done. Live and learn I guess. Thanks Jeff for the Lesson Rolling Eyes.
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff and Miguel for setting my 034 SVDA distributor and coil up for me. Highly recommended seller and shop who cares about the parts he sells and the customer most importantly.
Joe Reynolds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jeff for the quick and great deal on the stub axles. Arrived today as described and in great shape.

Thanks!
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff and Miguel are the type of guys we need more of in this hobby.
I bought my first set of Kadrons in 1989... Had a few sets on a few VWs over the years. Always had a thing for them, but just hated that stock linkage...
After setting up a few sets of KaddieShack specials with the Scat twist linkage for other people a while back, and seeing how well they ran after Jeff got done with them, I just had to make a call...
Jeff and I spent at least an hour on the phone talking dual carb tricks and tips we'd picked up over the years, and I hadn't spent a dime yet.
I sent them a set of Kaddies I've had sitting since at least 1993 for a T-body re-bush, bigger vents, and a re-jet for a specific ( and not all that common ) engine combo.
Miguel called me and talked to me at length about engine specs to make sure these were going to be just "right" for my application.
As expected, I got back an incredible set of Kadrons that are better now then when they were NEW Cool

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
Social_Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Another Happy Customer Reply with quote

After finishing up the rebuild of my 1914, I decided to make the change to Kads from 44IDF's for simplicity's and driveability's sake. I don't have tons of experience tuning carbs, so that matters to me. I've got to say, dealing with Jeff and Miguel at KS has been a pleasure at every turn. They "get" that the money being spent for their product is a rather significant chunk to the average VW fan and they respect that. They dealt with every one of my nit picky questions both online and on the phone with complete patience and a great attitude.

I ordered a set of rebuilt Kads with Scat Linkage, Empi Intakes, and basic accessories as well as some miscellaneous odds and ends I needed (full-flow filter adapter and bumper bracket, VDO oil temp sensor with type 3 block off plate, 3 gauge dash panel, oil change kits, etc).

The carbs themselves are simply stunning, every single one of my gearhead friends is astonished when I tell them they're actually 30+ year old rebuilts. Any extra cost at KS over off-the-shelf Kads is 110% justified by the better fit/finish, the upgraded throttle bushings, vac advance tap, and ESPECIALLY the fact that they are built custom spec for the engine they're going on. I mean: displacement, cam, heads, exhaust, elevation, etc. As close to bolt on and go as a person could ever hope for.

Their packaging is top rate too. The carbs were completely wrapped in saran wrap and then wrapped in bubble wrap before being packed in the box with packing peanuts.

The install was very easy, especially with assistance from the online KS tech article's and Jeff's videos on youtube. The most tedious part was getting the fuel pressure nailed down by shimming the pump. Mechanically synching them was a breeze, as was the basic tuning of mixture and idle speed. I had to grind the Empi intakes slightly to fit as I didn't want to trim my cooling tin, but that's no big deal. That's probably a good thing as it means there is plenty of meat to port the intakes and still get a good seal. They were out of used intakes when I ordered, or I would've gone that route. My engine is now running amazing and I can move onto the next portion of the project.

VW fans making a living supporting and being an asset to the hobby. Support them if you can.
In case you missed it, this is a Jalopnik Article on their shop.
http://jalopnik.com/project-beetle-rebirth-picking-an-engine-511263588
Mntbikerxs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Great Carbs, great service Reply with quote

I recently bought a set of refurbished Kads from Jeff. He patiently answered my questions via email, and was very helpful with suggestions.

When I got my kit, one of the new bugpack mainfolds ( still in packaging) had a slight crack in where a weld was not finished. I emailed Jeff about it and he responded quickly. Since the BP return process was drawn out and archaic, he sent me another manifold that arrived cross country in just a few days.
I appreciated his fast response in resolving the issue, and the fact that he didnt make making Bugpack's quailty issue, my problem. A very stand up guy. The Kads themselves are a work of art, Old school cool. He polished them up and they shine like new. Since everything was pre-adjusted and jetted correctly I had them up and running in no time with hardly any fiddling w/them. They made big difference in my stock DP1600. Would highly recommend his services.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1BCHBUM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Kaddie Shack engine problems Reply with quote

I recently purchased a turnkey engine from Kaddie Shack. The engine has less than 6000 miles and while driving down the freeway it started to knock. Contacted Kaddie Shack and they told me the motor was out of warranty and wanted nothing to do with it. Was told it was my problem. Removed the engine and sent it out to a well known builder in AZ C and E. I was informed by Dan Lawson that the new turnkey engine I had purchased had used cylinder heads on it and the number 4 exhaust valve had broke off and went thru the piston. You would think a company like this one would stand behind their work or at least taken the time to dig a little into the motor to find out that maybe they had put a faulty part on the engine. The builder in AZ said he would not have put these heads on an engine to get them down the road.
Be aware what you get from this company and make sure your getting what you paid for
craigman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff is a great guy to deal with.
Do you have a receipt that says you have "new" heads on your build?
If so, please post a pic of it.
If Jeff built you an turn key engine, I'm sure you would have an itemized list of everything that went in to it.
If you did pay for "new" heads, lets see some pics of your heads.
Then we could go from there.
jeffh355
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a glass bodied street buggy (Glassco Renegade). I had Scat build me a 2027 long block and sent my Kadrons to Jeff for a rebuild. They looked brand new when I got them back! After installing the engine it just wasn't running as good as I thought it should. I pulled the motor and had Jeff Dyno Tune it. WOW, I've never been so happy with a VW in my life and I've been driving them off and on since the 70's. This thing runs so great and is such a pleasure to drive. The idle is still a bit rough and varies from 800 rpm when started to 1600 rpm when hot but nothing I don't chalk up to the C35 cam. Thanks guys for everything!! Jeff
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great parts,fast shipping, nice guys. I am happy.
Pau Hana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Kaddie Shack, the Air Cleaner's are SupeR D DuPer AwEsome!!! Truly appreciate the great communication, Quick Shipping & the quality of your product. Much Aloha Bro Jeff, no doubt, I will be back for more stuff...
jjohnson67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome seller. Thanks guys.... got my carbs off when i saw the box in the mail. Will let you know how better it vroom vvrooms !
texan1950
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Kaddie Shack dishes out a "sharp stick in the eye !! Reply with quote

Kaddie Shack> a very sad story
I do not post very often but when praise is deserved I give it, and when negative feedback is deserved- I am very very cautious before posting. This is one of those instances that deserves attention unfortunately.. Everything below is absolutely true with total perfect accuracy. And I say all this as being “in my opinion” !!
At my shop it takes me a good while to complete a major project because this is just a “hobby” anymore.. Back is June of 2014- I purchased a $634.00 carburetor kit from Kaddie Shack. This dual carb kit (complete with inward leaning manifolds, linkages that need modifications and other misc) were to have been a pair of their “used – reworked – special jetted” works of art- consequently reflecting the elevated price.. You would think for $634.00 they could produce a nearly perfect kit – right? NOT !!
It was many months later when the 2.0L ’78 Bus engine was finished and installed..
After working with the dual funko’s for a couple of days, it was obvious that something was greatly wrong with the used reworked pair of crapolas.. I know what you’re thinking- something else must have been wrong with the engine to create such misery> but no, no , and heck NO !! The engine was perfect, the installation was perfect> the misery units would not adjust for idle at all, and would run super rich even the idle screws were turned in to a dead stop. Also the carbs would not let the engine develop full power. So after many hours of misery I decide to pull them off and go to a single carb setup.. Jeff at Kaddie Shack said why didn’t I call- well I know he would just have had me screwing around wasting more time on something I was completely fed up with.
I ended up installing the EMPI 38-EGas carb kit- and OMG what a difference.. The engine ran perfect right off !!!
So anyway I had tons of other work to finish on the project, and I waited until the VW was long gone before sending the whole carb kit back to Kaddie Shack for a refund (with their permission).. And this is where the “sharp stick in the eye” comes in..
Kaddie Shack received the kit back on the 5th of Feb and it was just today the 27th of Feb before I get a refund check of just $250.00… In several emails, I was always nice and never made any demands> I asked Jeff to be fair- that’s all I wanted.. I figured subtract a $100.00 restock fee from $634.00 and that would be fair.. But Jeff came up with this plan to spend his labor and time installing the funko carbs on another engine- and decided that I should pay for his time to experiment with his own dang product.. He even said “well I cant sell them as new again”> well heck no Jeff> daaaa, you sold me used carbs in the first place, Dude !! So thanks Jeff> it cost me $384.00 to experiment with your carb kit, and your piddly refund of $250.00 cost me a 60.6% restock fee.. Thanks a lot my friend.. Remember – what comes around - goes around.. And lets not forget “how fairly you treated me”.. What a pleasure to do business !! One more thing Jeff- you seem to have forgotten that is “the customer is always right” !!

Moral to the story: Do not ever expect to get treated fairly from Kaddie Shack.. Their product “IN MY OPINION”- stinks !! If you want a good “priced right” carb kit to install on a Type 4 Bus engine> use the EMPI 38-EGas kit available from www.doghouserepair.com> price $313.00.. With a few little modifications its as close to perfect as you can get..

Randy’s VW Hobby Shop
Comfort, TX
57baja Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is truly upsetting that one can try so hard to cause so much damage to another, especially when unjustified.

Randy ordered a carb kit for a bus. He installed it and had problems. We realize that most people are not professional installers, and work so darned hard to make our carb set ups as easy as humanly possible to install and tune. We write technical articles and shoot videos to make it even easier. Every day we spend hours on the phone helping customers, and hours upon hours on emails. We truly care.

Are we perfect?

Nope.

But in the extremely rare case that a customer has an issue, we take care of it expeditiously.

Randy apparently installed his rebuilt and re-bushed set of Kaddie Shack carburetors, and had trouble. At that point, if the resources we’ve written and filmed didn’t help, a phone call certainly would have. It is very likely he had a very simple adjustment that could have been handled in minutes. Instead of calling or emailing, he took the carbs off, packed them up, and sent them back, requesting a refund for a “fair” amount.

How do we determine what’s “fair”? Not knowing if there was an actual problem with the carbs, or a problem with the installer, we needed to know first whether or not we had sent out defective product, or the installation was not performed correctly. We would absolutely NEVER receive “defective” and used products back from one customer and turn around and sell them to another, as Randy suggested we “should” have done in the above post. If we have a problem, WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT and fix it.

So in determining a fair resolution, we installed Randy’s carburetors on my own personal bus. I drove my bus for a week with absolutely no modifications or repairs needed. Clearly, we had a case of installer error. No big deal. We still offered a refund, but we requested that the labor time to swap my carbs off, his carbs on, his carbs back off, and my carbs back on again be taken into consideration, along with a moderate amount of test drive time.

Then, we would be able to disassemble the carbs completely, polish them again, flush the gasoline from them, fit them with “new” linkage again, fit them with “new” air cleaners, fit them with “new” manifolds again, supply new fuel line, hose clamps, gaskets, and jet them for a future build before sending them out to a new customer. Again… WE WOULD NEVER SEND ANY PRODUCT OUT THAT WE HAD EVEN A HINT OF THERE BEING A PROBLEM WITH. We would not sell used fuel hose and clamps as new. We would not sell used manifolds as new. We would not sell used air cleaners as new. we should not sell used linkage as new, etc. NEVER!!!

Unfortunately, we would need to spend almost as much time and money prepping these for another customer as we would a used junky old swap meet set. This is the reality of it, because we genuinely care for our customers, take pride in our workmanship, and value our excellent reputation.

Unfortunately, when someone like Randy does not install them properly, and doesn’t have the common courtesy or human decency to even call to ask for help, we are expected to take the loss.

In all “fairness” we decided to absorb much of the loss ourselves, and offered $250 for the set of carbs, rather than the $80-$100 that we normally pay for a core set of carbs. At least, after running them on my own personal car for a week, we knew they would work for the next customer after being cleaned, prepped, and fitted with all new parts again.

We have built thousands of these carburetors, and we have a nearly 100% success rate. We work damned hard to build the very best stuff we possibly can, making a very meager living doing so.

Unfortunately, there are some who just don’t “get it”.

I regret having to have this dragged out in public, but I just can’t let this particular post go without a response. This is more than a “hobby” for us. This is how we feed our families. Helping VW owners brings great personal enjoyment and satisfaction to myself, the Kaddie Shack crew, and the thousands of customers that we’ve been able to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now you know the rest of the story....... Laughing
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Maddward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Kaddie Shack 3/2 and left a message to ask about linkage and venturies/jetting. I received a call back 2 hours later from Miguel (Jeff was busy) and he spent at least 10 minutes listening to my questions. After the conversation I emailed them my motor specs and placed an order. Within hours I received a UPS tracking number and everything arrived the next day 3/3!
My Kadrons we're way under jetted and the stock venturies worked but were limiting my horsepower. All I can say is WOW! What a difference. You guys know your Kads!

I'll recommend the Kaddie Shack to anyone!

Cody
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: