Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

my dual curcuit brake warning light plug assy is bad...
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slyness41bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: my dual curcuit brake warning light plug assy is bad... Reply with quote

I have a 1972 bay, I have been having some short troubles in the number eleven curcuit, so I have been inspecting everything. I looked at this dual circuit warning light inside and there's a busted piece of circuit board in it, do I have to have this hooked up or can i just cut & terminate the wires and leave it. Not sure what it does and if its vital.
I went online to find a replacement and evidently there isn't one from what I could find, and this one is broken at the circuit board, so its a dead duck....wiring thoughts???
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of anything with a circuit board in the brake light warning circuit. Could it be a round Relay?
Please do not cut any wires. If you must, unplug them and tape them off.
Tcash wrote:
Pictures would be cool.
How to post photos/How to post a photo in the Forums

Good Luck
Tcash
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you talking about the warning light itself? There are different styles and some have circuitry in them. Or, are you talking about the hazard light switch and the top that looks like a circuit board has popped off? That happens to 99% of later bays. One puts it back together and uses a zip tie to keep it together.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a teeny tiny circuit board in the 72+ warning lights IIRC, as already mentioned pull all 3 wires off (not cut) and tape them up individually until your classified watching finds a replacement.
That could be partially related to your other charge light thread as well, disconnecting it will rule the B light out.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
kreemoweet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there's a little "circuit board" inside the late versions of the brake warning light. The light comes on when one of the
two brake circuits fails to make pressure when the other one does. Or more likely, when one of the switches on the master
cylinder fails to operate correctly. It is an altogether foolish device that VW put in because they couldn't sell their cars in the U.S.A. otherwise.
So, not at all vital. It is unlikely to be causing any harm, so I do not see why you want to cut or disconnect the wires

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Brake warning light 113 919 233 B. Reply with quote

Is it this one prt# 113919233B.

Unplug the bulb.

Test and Fix
Dash Brake Warning Light Part Number 113919233B

Brake-system, electrical circuit modifications & upgrade

New one's
https://www.bugcity.com/shop/shop.htm?pquery=brake+warning+light
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES290733/
http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-fox-afox-us-1973-106-battery-mounting-battery/#p-aud-113919233b
http://www.busdepot.com/113919233b

Thanks to jerseylooker
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Good Luck
Tcash
slyness41bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the number 8 part on that schematic. I just pulled the wires and taped off the ends..didnt change anything so must be ok. ive done some More testing, and the alternator is only putting out 21.3 amps at the battery end. Havent checked at the termination at the starter solenoid. does that gasket on the back of the alt. Have to be there? I used form a gasket, the parts place here could not get them, so I had to improvise. Could that possibly cause some sort of a short at the post, or would it put out any voltage at all if that were the case? It has the rubber cover boot on it. Was in perfect shape.
I find it hard to believe they would make such close tolerences on a hot wire post to the back cooling case/cover....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: