Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone seen these trailers?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPGreg2600
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Anyone seen these trailers? Reply with quote

http://dub-box.com/index.php?a=1 Pretty neat trailers. Don't worry they have fiber glass bodies. I did a search for Dub Box and got no results, so I hope this has not been posted yet.
Milesbuslover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats cool pretty nice trailer
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat, but overly pricey, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite VW trailer hack. Nicely done and plenty of windows:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUGTHUG
Samba's Rented Mule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool, looks like something the Pope would ride around in. Just put some bullet proof glass in, and a new popetrailer.

1963 15 window bus
1966 VW bug
1966 21 window micro bus
1969 Dune Buggy
1965 VW bug
1974 VW bug
1972 Kelmark, VW drive line
1948 Chevrolet Hearse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look pretty cool- and it may have been linked somewhere I did not see- but I'd prefer to order one as a rolling shell- with only a couple windows. Then it would serve like a Westfalia cargo box.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is bringing 2 demo models back to the US very soon. He is on the plane over the pond right now. Cool
Very cool.
Also posted this in the PDX Westravaganza thread where I invited him to a monthly meetup here in Portland.
shane@dubboxusa wrote:
Jeffrey,
I wanted to let you know I received your email. I am headed to England this morning and well answer in more detail on my long flight! I am building 2 trailers to bring back to the states for demo. Manufacturing starts in June here in the Portland area.
I am on thesamba.com User name is shane@dubboxusa

More info in my next email.

Follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dubboxusa

I will update when I have some more info from Shane.
Here is the US link to kep an eye on and bookmark. Wink
www.dub-box-usa.com
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Just an update 3 years later... Reply with quote

First time I've seen this thread.
Found out about these today via Facebook.
Looks like their US presence is going strong, out of Oregon City, Oregon:
http://dub-box-usa.com/about-us/

...'though I haven't actually SEEN any of these in person yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Just an update 3 years later... Reply with quote

DadaCheese wrote:
First time I've seen this thread.
Found out about these today via Facebook.
Looks like their US presence is going strong, out of Oregon City, Oregon:
http://dub-box-usa.com/about-us/

...'though I haven't actually SEEN any of these in person yet.

I have. Shane is a good friend of mine. They have a FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/DubboxUSA?fref=ts
Like their FB page(if you fake book)to get lots of regular updates.

a regular page:
http://dub-box-usa.com

and they are doing all kinds of different builds.
http://dub-box-usa.com/models/
Funny thing is, what really took off for them were food cart builds. They got contracts for google locations(a bunch of them) and microsoft as well as quite a few universities. They have been mostly building some AWESOME carts, but have managed to pop out some for enthusiasts as well. Just came out with the dinky-dub
http://dub-box-usa.com/dinky-dub/
The Dinky Dub is Born!

Dinky Dub is our newest addition to the Dub Box family. Dinky is approximately 25% smaller yet offers the same full size options.

Production starts August 1st. Taking pre-orders now.

MODELS:

Dinky “Fun” Hauler / Cargo hauler for the sports enthusiast
Starting at $8000
Dinky camper / Shorter version of our full size camper
Starting at $12,800
Dinky “Half Pint” Kegerator / Fully refrigerated kegerator (6 beverage taps max)
Starting at $15,000
Dinky Event Trailer / Shorter version of our full size event trailer
Starting at $10,500
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good friend of mine (non VW person) just bought a camper version with a pop top. Their impression was that the company and their communication with clients was SERIOUSLY lacking, but they were overall happy with their trailer. My impression was for that kind of money I would rather have a Vanagon Westy with a Subaru motor, all the bells and whistles, and save thousands in the process (not even counting the rig you'd need to tow it with!)... The interior wasn't thought out very well if you're used to seeing/camping in a Westfalia of any generation, it felt very cramped in there, poor use of space in general.
I would have steered them in a different direction if they would have asked me first.
shanemed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTV wrote:
A good friend of mine (non VW person) just bought a camper version with a pop top. Their impression was that the company and their communication with clients was SERIOUSLY lacking, but they were overall happy with their trailer. My impression was for that kind of money I would rather have a Vanagon Westy with a Subaru motor, all the bells and whistles, and save thousands in the process... The interior wasn't thought out very well if you're used to seeing/camping in a Westfalia of any generation, it felt very cramped in there, poor use of space in general.
I would have steered them in a different direction if they would have asked me first.

That is unfortunate that your friend felt that our communication was lacking. Unfortunately our growth was faster than expected and we were not prepared. We have addressed our process and with that came a better way to work with our customers.

The goal of our trailers is to not replace a vehicle but to provide a lightweight tow behind option. Many of our customers have small SUV's and want something that they do not have to get a larger vehicle to tow with.

Regarding the cramped feeling and poor use of space, we were not building a Westfalia style trailer and I am assuming this is the one that was built as a demo for a local RV show 1.5 years ago. It was clear from photos and information provided on the layout/design of the interior to the customer who was making the purchase. In addition the trailer had a HUGE discount vs. the build cost we incurred.

As stated above, we were still learning and getting feedback. We have listened to what has been said and made changes.

Our newest model now includes some of the Westy style cabinets and most likely addresses the use of space that you are referring to. Better storage, etc.
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way those look! I want one for my non profit pet food bank. Would you be able to make a 14 foot long dual axle model with a sales flap that could haul 2000 pounds of pet food? Very Happy
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shane@dub-box-usa wrote:
GTV wrote:
A good friend of mine (non VW person) just bought a camper version with a pop top. Their impression was that the company and their communication with clients was SERIOUSLY lacking, but they were overall happy with their trailer. My impression was for that kind of money I would rather have a Vanagon Westy with a Subaru motor, all the bells and whistles, and save thousands in the process... The interior wasn't thought out very well if you're used to seeing/camping in a Westfalia of any generation, it felt very cramped in there, poor use of space in general.

That is unfortunate that your friend felt that our communication was lacking. Unfortunately our growth was faster than expected and we were not prepared. We have addressed our process and with that came a better way to work with our customers.

The goal of our trailers is to not replace a vehicle but to provide a lightweight tow behind option. Many of our customers have small SUV's and want something that they do not have to get a larger vehicle to tow with.

Regarding the cramped feeling and poor use of space, we were not building a Westfalia style trailer and I am assuming this is the one that was built as a demo for a local RV show 1.5 years ago. It was clear from photos and information provided on the layout/design of the interior to the customer who was making the purchase. In addition the trailer had a HUGE discount vs. the build cost we incurred.

As stated above, we were still learning and getting feedback. We have listened to what has been said and made changes.

Our newest model now includes some of the Westy style cabinets and most likely addresses the use of space that you are referring to. Better storage, etc.

This was just built late last year. I'm sure with that information you now know who they are Smile Good to see you are taking care of your initial short comings.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: