Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 4 Injector question
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Type 4 Injector question Reply with quote

I couldn't find anything in the search.......
Injection is all new to me so please bear with me as I may have some noob questions.
I just changed out the rubber fuel lines under in the engine bay, and noticed that the rubber line right off injector number 3 is leaking. Is that rubber hose pressed into the injector and not replaceable?
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Type 4 Injector question Reply with quote

shiningstar76 wrote:
Is that rubber hose pressed into the injector and not replaceable?

It is replaceable, you can either get under those bell shaped cups with an xacto knife and cut the hose off lengthwise or split the bell with a dremel (I prefer the surgery myself), the injector has a hose barb on the end like anything else in the system, use new FI style clamps on the new hoses.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to cut a slit in the metal band around the hose and spread it, and it will come off. Make sure to use fuel injection hose it has a higher pressure rating.

Good Luck
Tcash
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thanks for the help.
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: