Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Indytriple - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: indytriple
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 19, 2023
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Indytriple - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought two items from Indytriple. While one of them was not what I had anticipated. The other item was better They were well boxed and shipped in a timely fashion.
I have left an Email as well as a Phone message to get this issue resolved. I am hopeful for a positive outcome. Time will tell .
I will respond as to the outcome ,whether it be great or not so great .

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Vanagon cruise switch . Reply with quote

So was contacted by Jonathon. Seems that I should have read the description a little better ,and ran the part numbers which were listed . It was with a bunch of Vanagon parts and not listed as a Non Vanagon switch .
I jumped the gun and he should have listed it differently . Since I have possession of the switch and he has the ability to re list it and possibly sell it to someone else who had looked at it . He will Re sell it for me ,I will ship it and collect the money.
We both learned a lesson here and am sure we will part as friends when it is all over . He seems like a decent guy who wants to do the right thing .
I will report back when the deal is done .

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feedback has been modified ,as I used info that should have remained private ( I apologize).For me when I sell something ,if the other party is not happy and my Ad left something to be desired I would just do a full refund ,shipping and all costs.
If you look through my feedback you will see that I have had some issues, as not everyone interprets what you say or what you mean the same way.
The seller and I have found a Compromise, I send the switch back for a partial refund and he can attempt to Re sell it. I will read more ads more carefully in the future.
In all fairness the other item I bought was priced right ,described accurately and shipped promptly.
Samba member # 14980
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John called me and we agreed that he would refund 50% if I returned it to him on my dime and I modified my Feedback , I modified it that night (Mid July ) and attempted to contact him 3 times for a return address. He only responded this morning after I saw that he had been on the site 2 days prior.
In a nutshell ,he told me to move on and that I am a life suck or something of that nature. He does not remember that part of the phone call he made to me. I would have not modified my feedback if there was no benefit for me.
I admit in previous feedback that I did not look at the photos and bought without running the part number. Bottom line we both goofed up and John admitted to me that money was tight and that is why he would not refund my money.
This guy is not to be trusted for his word , He cares more about monetary reward over doing the right thing.
Let the buyer be aware.
In any case a story has 3 sides , ( the sellers side, the buyers side and the truth) .

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
indytriple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Indytriple - [email protected] Reply with quote

Here are the facts of what happened here:

- I provided 9 (!) detailed pictures of this item via a link on my listing.
- I provided the VW part number.
- The item was listed specifically as "Non-Vanagon"
- I only allow returns when the item is defective or if my listing is incorrect.
- I never offered to take the part back or to provide any refund whatsoever.

He told me several times that he didn't even look at the pictures at all and that he must have misread the listing. Even his feedback states, "Seems that I should have read the description a little better, and ran the part numbers which were listed." This buyer made a blatant, careless mistake and then wanted me to pay for his carelessness with my time and trouble. I go to great effort to provide buyers with excellent photos, descriptions and part numbers. If those buyers choose to willfully ignore or misread that information then that is their problem.

I was bothered incessantly by this buyer, and I was treated rudely. He would not stop calling my phone, and whenever I would log in to The Samba he would "stalk" me and start calling again. I told him repeatedly that I would not return the item. Despite that, he refused to relent. He even reported me to Everett with The Samba, and I had to take up valuable time to explain the situation to him via a detailed email.

I have sold hundreds of VW parts through this site, and I have never once had any problem with anyone. It's been a fun experience, and I've met lots of really friendly, nice people. I am a fair and honest seller. I will NEVER sell to this buyer again. It was a horrible experience. I do not recommend doing business with him.

87 Vanagon Westy Auto Bostig

www.bluegrassbicyclecompany.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Indytriple - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jon
You seem to be either slipping back to your political aspirations or you have a slight case of amnesia here.
Yes, I called you 3 times but only to get your address to return the switch as we agreed.
Yes, I contacted Everette to open the Feedback so that I could modify it as we agreed. Why would I modify my feedback unless there was something in it for me? He asked me what was going on, and contacted you on his own as he usually does in cases like this.
Obviously "Stalking" you worked, as I was able to get you to call me back.
I find it interesting that you are responding to this at the exact time you are running a few ads here on Samba. If you had just done as you promised, you'd of had positive feedback.
So as I go back and review my responses from you, I have to ask the question were there 10 or 9 Photographs of the switch?
Good luck selling your items, I will rest well knowing that your dishonesty is the root of all that has transpired here. My imagination is not that broad that I would create all of this. You opened the door and I've just stuck my foot in it before it closed

Enjoy your life
Stacy
Samba member # 14980
indytriple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Indytriple - [email protected] Reply with quote

You have to be kidding me. Let it go, man. You are obviously disturbed and unstable.

Perhaps these are the (9!) photos I am referring to?

https://indytriple.smugmug.com/Cars/How-Do-You-Like-These-Apples

How in the heck would you even know about the existence of the photos when you admitted that you never bothered to look at them?

How could you hold a grudge this long over something you caused? I'm not going to let you ruin my day or waste any more of my time.

Since you won't let it go, I'll be leaving negative feedback on your page to give you a taste of your own medicine. You sell things too, right?

Of course I responded to your feedback when I went to post some things for sale. Why would I not defend myself from your ridiculous, contrived fantasies?

87 Vanagon Westy Auto Bostig

www.bluegrassbicyclecompany.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Cookbook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Indytriple - [email protected] Reply with quote

Recently bought a used GoWesty propane tank from Jonathan. Found a posting off craigslist and met up with him locally. Jonathan really knows his stuff, is upfront about the parts he has for sale, and passionate about vanagons. He gave me a great deal on the tank and also some beta on mechanics. Thanks again!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: