Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Portland Oregon Area is Happening!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
guggenheim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday>Tuesday

Smith Rock, Crater Lake, Wildlife Safari, Medford, costal botanical garden (forgot name), up 101 back to PDX.

Driving the EVC. Waving, peace signs, and shakra are ok. EVC drivers are nice, we only bite some of the time. I'm the EVC with the roadshower attached on the roof.
vwaaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone in Portland Vanagon land!! Aaron here. I am fixing Vanagons full time give me a call for whatever you need. http://vanswest.com/

971-236 VANS

Also do not forget the Northwest bug run is this saturday bug swap meet and lots of VW fun http://northwestbugrun.com/

Vans West Vanagon Repair

http://vanswest.com

https://www.facebook.com/VansWestpdx

Google Reveiws
https://plus.google.com/113507921371275027169/about?gl=US&hl=en-US
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
Jahbah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Portlanders,

The silver falls campout is this weekend right?
Cant wait to chill out in a campsite for a full weekend. Do a little hike in the river gorge and take some waterfall pictures.

I have an interested group that would like to come this weekend. Is there room left in the campsite? Who the heck is sighed up and coming?

Leti and I are planning on feasting on tacos on saturday night if there are enough people interested we could make it a pot luck.... Chime in if your interested in a taco feast and what your specialty is in taco land. Maybe we can make this work.

Cheers
D
Jahbah~D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday night is usually a pot luck for the whole campsite. Everyone brings a dish to share.

Contact Climber John for the details or look back through the posts on page 18. Last I remember all the spots were full.

Last edited by PDXWesty on Tue May 26, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 4th Annual Samba Portland Peeps Campout Reply with quote

climberjohn wrote:
4th Annual Samba Portland Peeps Campout

Silver Falls State Park, Orygun
Fri-Sat May 29-30, 2015

photo from 2011 event (showing about half the vans)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Join some of your fellow Sambanistas in a weekend campout at beautiful Silver Falls State Park near Silverton, OR. Silver Falls is the largest state park in Oregon, with magnificent waterfalls, nice hiking, and fairly close (about 1 hour) from Portland.

RV group campsite “B” is reserved just for us, one of the nicest group sites you’ll find anywhere. It’s a large open grass field, ringed by a gravel road, surrounded with tall trees and, my favorite feature, far removed from other campers. It’s a few minutes to walk to the scenic falls loop trail, and about a 15 minute walk to the stunning North Falls.

Important stuff:

- Dates: Friday and Saturday night, May 29 and 30, 2015. Check in is officially after 4:00pm Friday, but you can set up earlier then that.

- Cost: $10 per van per night. I have prepaid for the site; please pay me your share when you arrive at the camp.

- Please bring: firewood, your preferred beverages, frisbee/soccer ball/volleyball net, camp chairs, musical instruments if you are so inclined, Sat night potluck contribution, and maybe a few large canopies in case of soggy weather.

- There is a limit of 25 vehicles and/or 50 people total. Campers are welcome on a first-call, first-served basis. We will reach the limit. An early response will ensure your spot, while if you wait you may miss out. Campers staying for both nights (or who offer to pay for both) get priority over those who can only make one.

- Please be sure you can make it before you ask for a spot. If you want to cancel, let me know pronto so I can open your place to someone else.

- If you want to go: Simply email me (climberjohn) and tell me you’re in. I’ll collect payment at camp when you arrive.

Small print:

- Tent campers are welcome, even though it’s an “RV” site. (Oregon state parks classify Westies as “RVs”. As long as we have just four Westies/RVs in the site, then anyone else can tent camp.)

- There are no RV hookups (power or water) at this site.

- This is not a Westy-only event, any flavor of VW is welcome.

- This is not a Wetwesties event, although Wetwesties folks are welcome to come if they hear about it on the Samba; see their site at www.wetwesties.org

- If you have a well behaved, minimally barking, kid-friendly dog, you may bring it. Leashes are required when on trails.

- Kids are welcome, bring your rascals if you like. The camp area is very kid friendly.

- Once you pay for camping you’ll get a day use pass, so there is no need to pay for one separately.

- Might want to bring the mountain bike, as there are 25 miles of multiple use trails.

- Brochure and map for the park; we’re at “North Falls group camp”:
http://www.oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=main....ailmap.pdf

This will be a fun weekend of camping and getting to know our fellow Samba pals, so I hope you can make it! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

See you outside,
Climberjohn

gears
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beginning next Winter season, I'll be a half-the-time resident of Bend .. so I'll be looking forward to your Oregon Vanagon get-togethers ..
'87 Syncro GL 2.5

Needed: Stock 14" x 6" Syncro steel rim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flyindutchman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there for sure
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there around dinner time on Saturday. Happy to go with the taco theme...
FrankenSubySyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gears wrote:
Beginning next Winter season, I'll be a half-the-time resident of Bend .. so I'll be looking forward to your Oregon Vanagon get-togethers ..

gears, it will be great to have you up in Oregon.
F & R lockers, decoupler, SS, 6.17 R&P
Trans Cooler
EMPI race prepped 930 CVs and axles
Bilstein coilover front, rear ProComp MX-6066R shocks, 14" hypercoil springs
30x9.5 15" BFG Muds
Custom skid plates
Nose job (custom front bumper) http://www.flickr.com/photos/subyvanagon/sets/72157624970330925/
hhholsteiners
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Looking to buy a beater Vanagon Camper Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I live in Sandy and may be spending my midweeks soon at Astoria airport, 3 hrs away. I am looking to get a Vanagon camper or equivalent with water and septic functional, and literally live in it. I'm not floating in cash -- I've just done a little window shopping, and driveable Vanagons range from a low of $3K to $43K and higher. I simply cannot afford the spotless dealer lot fancy custom jobs. I don't even really need a pop up to work. I need to be able to somehow take a shower (even if outside on the ground), go to the bathroom, sleep, and cook some food. Nothing pretty. Nothing fancy. Can someone help me?

Thanks!
Tired Geek Engineer
singler3360
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,
It looks like we will be parting from our beloved Westy this Saturday. My wife's MS simply won't let her hang with the manual transmission on long trips any longer. The new owner is flying in to PDX for the transaction and to take ownership. We plunked down a deposit on a new Aliner A-frame popup trailer in April and are also scheduled to pick it up this Saturday. So, I will turn in my spots for the campout into CJ.

Kind of a weird time. No sympathy needed though; we are ok with the sale and looking forward to some mild off-road towing with the ALiner behind the Toyota Tacoma pu I recently purchased.

That said, I will miss camping out this weekend with all the great PDX peeps and their truly awesome passion for the VW campervan. Have a great event everyone!

Let the razzing begin...
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Portland Peeps,

Yes, at our Silver Falls campus coming up this weekend, May 20-30.

At present we are full with 50+ people's and 20+ vans.

Keep an eye out in your Samba inbox for details. I will be sending them out on Wednesday.

Yes, we are doing a potluck on Saturday night, so please contribute if you like to be a part of that.

See you soon,
CJ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I'm glad to hear that you are making the right choice for your family's needs. You're always brother in our community, and are welcome at any books wagon related gathering that you can make it too. I'd love to see your camper rig. (And if you got close to full price and what you're asking for your rig, my biggest congratulations!)

Take care,
CJ

singler3360 wrote:
Hey All,
It looks like we will be parting from our beloved Westy this Saturday. My wife's MS simply won't let her hang with the manual transmission on long trips any longer. The new owner is flying in to PDX for the transaction and to take ownership. We plunked down a deposit on a new Aliner A-frame popup trailer in April and are also scheduled to pick it up this Saturday. So, I will turn in my spots for the campout into CJ.

Kind of a weird time. No sympathy needed though; we are ok with the sale and looking forward to some mild off-road towing with the ALiner behind the Toyota Tacoma pu I recently purchased.

That said, I will miss camping out this weekend with all the great PDX peeps and their truly awesome passion for the VW campervan. Have a great event everyone!

Let the razzing begin...

Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie and I still in. So count on one token bus Very Happy

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Abscate wrote:
I dont hate anyone on the Samba - except for Xevin - who brought me cold coffee in the morning.

[email protected] wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz
Schlappette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don & I will be there!
'87 Wolfram Grey Westy -=Ollie=-
2.2L Vanistan :: RMW WBXhaustSS
markz2004
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our van plus one other will be arriving Friday night 7pm-ish.
LucianSchmit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: We are still in Reply with quote

Lucian, Katie and 2 kids (Wade and Mina) coming.

84 Westfalia
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone down for beer tasting Friday night or Saturday? Like a potluck of beer.
Only super sneaky, odd, unique, offensive, limited edition, and etc beer. I picked up a little sump'n sump'n. Not talking about frat boy silliness. Just delicious nectar. If interested you will know where to find me Wink Look for the orange/yellowish bread loaf on wheels Laughing
Dang it's epic out right now. Look forward to the camp out.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Abscate wrote:
I dont hate anyone on the Samba - except for Xevin - who brought me cold coffee in the morning.

[email protected] wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz
guggenheim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any recommendations for an upholstery shop for a poptop canvas swap? I've purchased the replacement tent but don't have the room or skills to attempt this feat. Swap is for an 87 Vanagon Westfalia.

Also, anyone have a decent exhaust (2.1L) including catalytic, muffler, and tailpipe that I can borrow or purchase cheaply so I can pass smog? Don't want to buy a new setup as the Vanagon will be receiving a Subie 2.5 conversion soon; Fall.

We'll be at Silver Falls State Park camp out Saturday and Sunday; probably the only EVC, come on by and say hi!

Thanks,

Clarence
Jahbah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for a beer "tasting", I've got a bunch of weird funky beers to pull out of the fridge before we leave the house. Great idea.
Jahbah~D
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 42

Jump to: