Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Greg - Vintage Warehouse - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mr. warehouse
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
63CabDriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good seller. Quick communication and fast shipping. Happy buyer!
sambaphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Dont Use Greg for Shipping - I was screwed Reply with quote

So Greg has a huge and good reputation on this board for parts for your aircooled. No arguments here, I personally have not purchased from him.

So its with a heavy heart. I say Greg screwed me over and didn't seem to even care. Short version: I made arraingments and was promised a bus to be transported from east coast to west coast a month in advance. After a few weeks of broken promised to pick my bus up, I get an email saying "can't do it" here is your money back. My bus is still on the east coast and I passed on a number of opportunities to have it transported because I thought Greg was solid. I am paying $20/day in storage fees and it takes at least another month to find a transport company. Dont use his transport service, he is just a broker like all the others. Go to someone reputable like passport transport or others.

Long Version:
I made a deposit to contract his services December 19, 2014. Pick up in New York was going to be January 9th at the latest. Beginning of Jan he says "looks like it will be the following week". OK, I am patient and know how this goes. The week of Jan 12 I reach out and say how is it looking. Good for this week. Good for tomorrow, etc. This goes on until January 23rd and he says "sorry, can't do it here is your money back". He really didn't care or have the courage to even pick up the phone and call me to explain why.

All I have to say is I believe in Karma. I would never leave someone like that...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671945&highlight=

Single Port Samba Phil
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't argue semantics with Phil. I couldn't get the haul done in his timeline. But there is more to the story than Phil is letting on.

I would like to point out that sometimes things are not within my power. Weather being one of them, government paperwork at the port is another, changing road conditions, etc. I do my best to work around these hold ups when ever possible but sometimes it's unavoidable.

I also do not typically like to plan a haul like this so far in advance, just for those reasons, but Phil seemed eager to make it happen and understood (I thought) that things may change once we got around to the agreed upon "after the 2nd week of January" time frame.

So, the long version....

My normal driver got stuck at the port waiting for a car that HAD to be transported by itself and was not going to make it to Buffalo NY as soon as we had thought. There were also storms happening back east as well which in turn were holding up progress.

All of this was communicated to Phil via email. There was no lack of communication, just no phone calls. I like to keep things with a paper trail so they can easily be sorted out or recalled if need be (see below)

At any rate once I knew my guy wasn't going to be able to make it to pick up Phil's bus I called a 3rd party broker to see if they could help me out. They tried but in the meantime Phil posted his hauling needs on UShip / Central Dispatch offering more money. This caused a snowball effect of no one wanting to go get a car for me that they could get paid more direct from Phil, yet Phil wouldn't take anyone's offer because he was waiting on me to get it done with my driver and save some money I assume.

At ant rate, on 1/21 Phil emailed me the following
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The next morning when I got up, I made a few calls to see what could be done. I heard the whole deal with UShip Phil was trying and was told by my driver (who was now no longer in port) and by the 3rd party driver, that there was no way either of them could make it happen that day as Phil wanted.

I immediately refunded Phil his money and sent him the email below. I planned on calling him as well to further explain the situation, but his response, directly underneath my email, told me calling him would be a waste of time.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Not exactly the response I was expecting, but I guess he was *really* pissed. The funds cleared today, so I assume that's why he decided to wait until now to post.

I never intentionally tried to mislead or take advantage of Phil. Things didn't work out and instead of riding it out he tried to find another transport company on his own, which I am 100% certain made things worse. When he emailed with a deadline no one could reach I apologized and promptly refunded his money.

Most hauls I do are scheduled and done within 2 weeks depending on how far away they are. I'm not sure why Phil is having a hard time finding someone to do it faster than a month for him.

Maybe it's that karma thing he was talking about...

As soon I as refunded Phil his deposit he called my driver directly offering him more money to pick up the bus. My driver refused.

You can't tell someone to go f*ck themselves, then ask them to do you a favor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PearBear Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Bumper Step Pads Reply with quote

Besides Greg being a pretty nice guy and his communication is great, his Bumper Step Pads are perfect. I compared them to my original ones and I don't see any difference. I will probably buy another set just to have some spares. Shipping was fast and no problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placed a WTB ad for a kinda hard to sort set of bushings. I was being frugal because Barndoor front ends have a different center pin than later buses. I just needed the bushings. I looked at all the standard avenues to try and purchase bushings and all seemsed more of a PIA than just buying a whole kit and throwinging way 75% of it. Once the ad was placed Greg sent me a message saying he would separate a set of bushings from a kit and get them out same day. A total chicken shit purchase but shows his ethics...thanks again Greg!

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ragged63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: thanks Greg Reply with quote

I bought a set of fuch lugs nuts, shipped fast and was just what I needed, thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blackdog1999 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg is a great buyer.
vw.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: rear view mirror visor set Reply with quote

I bought a rear view mirror visor set from him, very good package.
Thank you
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast shipping, careful packaging, parts better than described -- what's not to like? Thanks Greg!
2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast
Kaefer-Nostalgie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg bought a lot of parts from us. Great and honest guy to deal with!

Thanks Greg!

Walter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Attictrove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true gem of the hobby he is.....Greg is the smoothest cat there is!! Many thanks for the purchase, and a great experience to boot!

Many thanks for the purchase, Greg!!

#1 fan!!
Kelly
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg's great to deal with, fast payment. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwman6559
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feedback is long overdue. Greg has bought many parts from me over the past 10 years... also sold many to me. Every transaction has been professional and easy. He is a great asset to the VW community.
Thanks again Greg!
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some mudflaps from Greg, good deal, great communication and fast shipping!
brille52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything MORE than perfect : good communication, express shipping, well packed ! Awesome center roof light ! It`s " cooler " as I expected ! WoW !
A big THANK YOU from Italy ! F.A.
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Greg - Vintage Warehouse - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a set of flashing LED semaphore bulbs from Greg and they are fantastic. Wow. Such an easy way to make semaphores more visually accessible to the average driver out there. They are super bright even in daylight, but best of all they are ridiculously simple to install.
Double G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Greg - Vintage Warehouse - [email protected] Reply with quote

Greg bought some parts from me, paid when he said. Done deal!
mekaukauvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Greg - Vintage Warehouse - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great to do business with, good communication, honest, easy, smooth, transaction. Packed item with alot of cushion. Will certainly buy stuff from him again without any hesitation.
bloogy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Greg - Vintage Warehouse - [email protected] Reply with quote

Placed a WTB add and Greg was able to locate the part I needed and help. Greg was very thorough , sent pictures and was very reasonable. The part shipped quickly, it was pleasure doing business with him. Thanks again.
joefriday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Greg - Vintage Warehouse - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a couple of parts from Greg on Saturday- here on Monday. The parts were very nice, as described. Packed perfectly. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: