Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sink Faucet/Pump Replacements
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
idahoskier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I installed this a long time ago and my wife tells me its one of her favorite mods. I had a few other Westy owners ask about it on the last trip so I figured I would put it here Very Happy I used the water system once before this install and that was all it took to make it happen. I was never a fan of the look of the Shurflo faucet and ran into someone at Syncro Solstice that had a faucet setup similar to this so my lack of originality remains intact Laughing
Faucet (ITC fold down bar faucet):
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cg...mp;i=96079
Pump (Shurflo 4008):
http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-4008-101-E65-Revolut...urflo+4008
Strainer (Shurflo 1/2"):
http://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-255-313-Twist-On-Pipe-Strainer/dp/B000V2W0GE/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_y

Escutcheon was from the local hardware store... I think it was a sink stopper or something that I drilled out to fit the faucet. I wired the pump through a relay with a switch at the LED control panel by the sink that uses the old fridge LED (I have a TF65 and no longer need it) so we would know when its on and remember to turn it off when we leave camp. I replaced all the old hoses and cleaned the system too. Flow control is great, no leaks, kids can use it easily (no foot pedal needed), and I can fill a full size water bottle to the top easily. Sorry the photos are kind of poor but you get the idea... Cheers!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the chrome look of the one above. The switch looks kind of like the one on the sureflo.

This is what I put in when mine broke:

It goes from a trickle to a hard spray and swivels as needed. It is kind of a cheaper version of the Sureflo but I like the size and the way it looks better. It is a light grey which sort of matches a grey interior. Variable flow is really nice.

Got it from Eurocampers.com and a .69 faucet ring from Home Depot. Their pic shows a white one, but they are grey and current price is $28.
http://www.eurocampers.com/Surface-Mount-Camper-Faucet_p_475.html
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Faucet/Pump Replacements Reply with quote

My stock faucet is leaking where the wires plug up. I like the look of the stock one. Any recommendations on a new unit? The shureflow doesn't look that great but I think performance is good I hear.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Faucet/Pump Replacements Reply with quote

Would this work? I like the brown in it

Also when replacing my water line to the sink I noticed a small black in line filter piece? It's like a small rubber grommet in the hose near the faucet hookup. Do I need to put that piece back?

https://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-94-009-10-White-Electric-Faucet/dp/B001CMEQSC
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Faucet/Pump Replacements Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
Would this work? I like the brown in it

Also when replacing my water line to the sink I noticed a small black in line filter piece? It's like a small rubber grommet in the hose near the faucet hookup. Do I need to put that piece back?

https://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-94-009-10-White-Electric-Faucet/dp/B001CMEQSC

I just ordered that. It's all white, no brown.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
killerchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Faucet/Pump Replacements Reply with quote

Hi - new to the Vanagon world (I have owned my 82 Vanagon for 3 days now). My pump isn't getting power (no power to the fuse box behind the drivers seat). Before I put my glasses on to study the Bentley manual can anyone tell me where the feed is to that small fuse block? I had been told it fed from the main fuse box but I can't verify that digging through wiring diagrams.

thanks in advance!

Last edited by killerchaz on Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
SyncroHead Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Faucet/Pump Replacements Reply with quote

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGuWh52PJQk

While it's about replacing the faucet, tubing, etc., it also includes useful troubleshooting and repair advice before the replacement steps.

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
I have *no* idea what the previous owner carried in his Westy... angry donkeys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sink Faucet/Pump Replacements Reply with quote

The 2 fuse panel gets power from the relay wiring under the driver seat. Check the red wire connections there first.
Post a photo if you can.
Check for voltage there on the red wires, at least 1 red wire there should have power all the time. Does it?

Mark

killerchaz wrote:
Hi - new to the Vanagon world (I have owned my 82 Vanagon for 3 days now). My pump isn't getting power (no power to the fuse box behind the drivers seat). Before I put my glasses can anyone tell me where the feed is to that small fuse block? I had been told it fed from the main fuse box but I cant verify that digging through wiring diagrams.

thanks in advance!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: