Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Riechert tuning parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruvwen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDKG wrote:

BTW impressive list of cars you got Shocked I searched your gallery but could not find any pictures showing your vert besides the enigine? Any pics?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

52 Pre-A convertible
53 11G
54 113
54 151
54 Pre-A
58 typ14
61 typ14 convertible
56 VDUB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruvwen wrote:
MDKG wrote:

BTW impressive list of cars you got Shocked I searched your gallery but could not find any pictures showing your vert besides the enigine? Any pics?

Totally diggin' the 2 tone color combo!

My 1956 RHD Aussie Beetle ll (o\!/o) ll

Sydney, Australia
MDKG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True beauty Ruvwen! Cool
V-Dub Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDKG wrote:

NICE!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
V-Dub Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

Engine Tin back from powder coating. Been a while since I last posted. Engine is still at the builders and will try and get some updated pics when I can. It's been a slow process but what can you do.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56 VDUB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

It's a painfully long process lol! Laughing I got my Riechert kit just the other week too, I'm excited to get into it! Glad to see you've made some progress! Wink

Sydney, Australia
MDKG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

56 VDUB wrote:
It's a painfully long process lol! Laughing I got my Riechert kit just the other week too, I'm excited to get into it! Glad to see you've made some progress! Wink

Did you get your kit from Riechert or elsewhere? I tried to contact them a few times last year and got an offer via email at first but later on they never replied anymore and I got busy with other stuff and left it but I am still thinking about getting a 36hp Riechert kit sometime and I am curious where you got yours.
56 VDUB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

MDKG wrote:
56 VDUB wrote:

Did you get your kit from Riechert or elsewhere? I tried to contact them a few times last year and got an offer via email at first but later on they never replied anymore and I got busy with other stuff and left it but I am still thinking about getting a 36hp Riechert kit sometime and I am curious where you got yours.

Hey MDKG, I got mine from Bernd Riechert, My situation was much like yours and I had other priorities after their first reply, but then a year later when I was finally ready to buy it, they seemed to be just as responsive to my emails, except when they had a summer holiday or something... Otherwise they were great at replying within a few days or so... perhaps you might try calling them?

Sydney, Australia
MDKG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

56 VDUB wrote:
MDKG wrote:
56 VDUB wrote:

Hey MDKG, I got mine from Bernd Riechert, My situation was much like yours and I had other priorities after their first reply, but then a year later when I was finally ready to buy it, they seemed to be just as responsive to my emails, except when they had a summer holiday or something... Otherwise they were great at replying within a few days or so... perhaps you might try calling them?

Thanks 56 VDUB! So you contacted them recently right? In my case they replied once and then it got silent but I might give it another try. Please make sure to post pics when you got yours installed and running Cool
56 VDUB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

MDKG wrote:
56 VDUB wrote:
MDKG wrote:
56 VDUB wrote:

Thanks 56 VDUB! So you contacted them recently right? In my case they replied once and then it got silent but I might give it another try. Please make sure to post pics when you got yours installed and running Cool

Yeah, it was only last month or maybe the month before that I last heard from them.... The kit looks to be great quality and even includes the tunned size venturis!

I'm already detailing my kit to install sometime soon! Watch my thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8184604#8184604 for glimpses of it as it slowly gets detailed! Cool

Sydney, Australia
MDKG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

Thanks again 56 VDUB, Definitely will follow your thread. Very curious to see what your engine will look like and how it will perform!

BTW some very nice pictures in the flickr link from your sigh line. Is that your profession?
56 VDUB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

MDKG wrote:
Thanks again 56 VDUB, Definitely will follow your thread. Very curious to see what your engine will look like and how it will perform!

BTW some very nice pictures in the flickr link from your sigh line. Is that your profession?

Well I'm expecting it to LOOK awesome with all my detailing that I'm spending time on...not sure if it will perform as good though haha! Very Happy Laughing

Here's my detail thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8191029#8191029

some of the Reichert parts are almost ready to photograph and post soon Very Happy

Thanks! I am actually a photographer... I admit I haven't updated flickr for ages though Confused

Sydney, Australia
V-Dub Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

Been a while since I've posted here so I thought I'd update. Took the motor to Bill Vallis's place (Vallis Motor Sport) for final assembly. What a wealth of knowledge this man has with vintage VW performance. I will update with pics as they become available.

Box of parts!!

The boys!!

V-Dub Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

**** Update ****

Picking up the completed motor tomorrow!!!!! Will post pics as soon as I can.
V-Dub Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

Here’s a few shots of the motor at Bills shop, then on the bench at my mine. Supper happy with the results!!!

villemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

Hello
Is it still possible to buy parts at Riechert shop ?
No answer when I email them
V-Dub Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

villemi wrote:
Hello
Is it still possible to buy parts at Riechert shop ?
No answer when I email them

I would assume so. I know my engine builder needed to make several attempts to contact them. Even at that it took a very long time to make and arrive. However WELL WORTH THE WAIT as you can see, (in my opinion 🙂). If your looking for a quick top end upgrade then I would suggest the WW Okarasa replica kit, but if your wanting period correct build then I honestly think it’s worth it.
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

V-Dub Guy, your engine looks awesome, but please do get rid of that plastic fuel filter....fire hazard
And just curious, what material is that spacer at the fuel pump made of? It doesn't look to be the original one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
V-Dub Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

tisius wrote:
V-Dub Guy, your engine looks awesome, but please do get rid of that plastic fuel filter....fire hazard
And just curious, what material is that spacer at the fuel pump made of? It doesn't look to be the original one?

Thanks for the compliment. Yes I will be replacing a few items on this build and one of them is switching the plastic fuel filter to an Okarsa glass style filter, as well as the distributor.

As for the spacer material, I’m not entirely sure. I had this built by Bill Vallis who specializes in vintage old speed builds.

its not going into the single cab until the summer when the build is complete.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Riechert tuning parts Reply with quote

V-Dub Guy wrote:
I will be replacing a few items on this build and one of them is switching the plastic fuel filter to an Okarsa glass style filter, as well as the distributor.

May i suggest a Bosch 019(VJ4BR8) or 010(VJ4BR25).

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: