Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What do you think about Airkewld? [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Airkewld
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
beerismywater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: A1 Exhaust Reply with quote

I purchased the A1 Exhaust system last Feb 21, 2015. It states that item usually ships 3-4 weeks. We never got updates from Airkewld so we called them and was told we'd get a callback, but never did.

We contacted PayPal about the matter and Airkewld probably received notice from them on the same day, so they finally shipped out the A1 Exhaust system, on the same day as well! That's on May 1, 2015

i also had several queries about the Air Ride system which I purchased back in 2012. There were not proper manuals available on the site, or upon request from Pete, so we had to figure most of it ourselves as I didn't get any solid assistance on installation at all. We had to base installation from photos that have been put up on the site, or through Google.

Customer service, or lack thereof, made it difficult for me to complete installation of my Airkewld parts. I am from the Philippines, and used to order direct from Airkewld and have them ship to a friend in Cali. Then I pay for additional shipping cost to the Philippines, which takes about 2 months to arrive.

BAD Series Disc brake lacked a couple of brackets, so I had to wait a while before I could install them.

These are the other items I purchased from Airkewld.

Complete Air-Ride kit (Which arrived with a missing part)
Deane Fuel Gauge
Steering Dampener Bracket
BAD Series Disc Brake (Lacked a pair of brackets when package arrived)
Ultimate Narrowed Beam
Heavy Duty Heim link Clutch Cable System
Brake Fluid Reservoir
Billet Column Gauge Mount
Billet Door Handles
Billet Window Cranks
Billet Dash Knobs
Billet Alternator Stand
A1 Exhaust System

I am a proud owner of Airkewld parts and I appreciate the struggles and success Airkewld have gone through getting them to where they are today. The least they could have done was to keep us posted, and reply to our queries no matter how dumb they might sound.

My 66 is almost done and will have been 3 years come September. Still waiting for my A1 Exhaust System to arrive.

- Jan
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: A1 Exhaust Reply with quote

beerismywater wrote:
I purchased the A1 Exhaust system last Feb 21, 2015. It states that item usually ships 3-4 weeks. We never got updates from Airkewld so we called them and was told we'd get a callback, but never did.

We contacted PayPal about the matter and Airkewld probably received notice from them on the same day, so they finally shipped out the A1 Exhaust system, on the same day as well! That's on May 1, 2015

Appreciate the feedback Jan, thank you. A1 was ordered through Biofinity for Jan and the PO was cut the next day to Tiger at A1. Ordered it so that it delivered to us to go along with other parts he ordered. That same day we sold 3 other exhaust systems and ordered them with Tiger.

On a Purchase Order, we put a ship to and a bill to address on the form. When we received the first exhaust system, the box had an invoice on it that showed a PO that was supposed to go to a customer in Tennessee. So once it got to us, we shipped it to him. We received two more shipments for clients that were supposed to deliver to us with PO's matching the descriptions and were inventoried for our chassis builds and large palletized orders.

After 4 weeks, the Biofinity order had still not arrived. Texts, emails and phone calls were sent and Tiger filled us in that he sent three systems to us and drop shipped on of them. Confused, we asked if he could reference the PO that was drop shipped. It was the customer in Tennessee. What Tiger did was included the bill for our Tennessee client in one of the boxes that was sent to us rather than include it with the box that was shipped.

So we contacted our client in Tennessee and sure enough, he had two systems for a couple of weeks. Received a paypal notice that the sale was under review and immediately posted updates of the past events to keep them aware of the errors that had happened (Not Normal).

Sent out a call tag to deliver it to Biofinity and it shipped out the next day. 5 days later it was delivered to Biofinity, Jan's preferred delivery destination. Posted these updates on Paypal dispute page as well as let Biofinity and it's rep's know about the progress.

The product was shipped from our client in Tennessee on the 19th 1Z202Y642652543592 and the case opened on the 21st. It was delivered on the 27th and signed for by Jose.

beerismywater wrote:
i also had several queries about the Air Ride system which I purchased back in 2012. There were not proper manuals available on the site, or upon request from Pete, so we had to figure most of it ourselves as I didn't get any solid assistance on installation at all. We had to base installation from photos that have been put up on the site, or through Google.

Customer service, or lack thereof, made it difficult for me to complete installation of my Airkewld parts. I am from the Philippines, and used to order direct from Airkewld and have them ship to a friend in Cali. Then I pay for additional shipping cost to the Philippines, which takes about 2 months to arrive.
I am debating whether Jan actually wrote this feedback, 63 emails have been made with Jan from October 2011-February 2015. Since Feb, we have had one email in which was about hooking up the Dehne fuel Gauge, zero emails about A1 exhaust system, air ride or brakes at all. In his defense, he does PM through Twitter much of the time and I usually respond every couple of days when I am able to view my Twitter feed. I had asked him to go through [email protected] to make sure his questions gets answered quickly and with the most info he needs. We do not have any record of any emails being sent to that email address.

beerismywater wrote:
BAD Series Disc brake lacked a couple of brackets, so I had to wait a while before I could install them.
We do go through a packing list process to ensure everything gets included in the packages. We took the customer service route of replacing those brackets, then in our opinion, all parts were taken out of the box that they were shipped in, sent in boxes with other random things, and in all possibilities, were left out or misplaced. But instead, because of you being a valued client, we shipped them directly to the Philipines on our dime the next day.

beerismywater wrote:
I am a proud owner of Airkewld parts and I appreciate the struggles and success Airkewld have gone through getting them to where they are today. The least they could have done was to keep us posted, and reply to our queries no matter how dumb they might sound.
If you ever once asked about the progress, I would have responded. I assumed it was all good as are the 25-50 orders that go out everyday with tracking and tracking emails. Some how, some way this order slipped through the cracks, did not know we had cracks, found the crack, filled it and it will not happen again.

beerismywater wrote:
My 66 is almost done and will have been 3 years come September. Still waiting for my A1 Exhaust System to arrive.

- Jan

About 5 months ago, we stopped offering accessories all together. Our suppliers of their quality products were being sent to us, triple, some times quadruple, the time that were initially described to us. We end up looking back when each year, we ask these suppliers, normally how long from PO to delivery are we talking to get these parts to us? It never got quicker, it always got longer. 2 days turned into to two weeks, two weeks turned in a month. 3-4 weeks turned into 2 months and so on. Airkewld looks bad when this happens and it has zero affect on them. So all accessories were dropped. Unless we make them, supply them and keep an inventory of them, we do not offer them. It allows us to give our clients specific timetables of estimated times to ship and we are getting better.

PRObuilt beams were taking 8 weeks, we have them down to 5 weeks. Beams, were 4 weeks we have them down to 3. Brakes were 2-3 weeks and we have them going out weekly. So we are improving.

We apologize Jan for the delay, let us know if we can provide you with anything in addition to get updates from Biofinity on the where-abouts of the exhaust system.

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased the complete air ride kit for my '67. Spoke with Pete a few times on the phone and emails. (Because the whole kit cost MORE than I paid for my bug! Haha!!)
I have not received the kit yet, but Pete has been very helpful thus far and I am excited to receive it!! I'll get it on Friday!!
One thing I thought was funny is I got a feedback response email before I even received the product or installed it! I can't give feedback on a product I haven't received, installed, or used yet:)
Anyway, I believe the online install instructions are lacking more detailed pictures. Other than that, the website is cool and Pete has been awesome!! I'll provide feedback along the way to help guide other users! Happy so far!!
Very Happy
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, was going to edit my original post with a timeline but the forum won't let me.
8-24-15:
Received one of my packages on Friday (8-21-15). Packaged very well. One of the ziplock baggies the nuts/bolts broke and had to find the screws in the box but got them all!
Everything was packaged very well otherwise!
The instructions are "okay". I was sent instructions for '49-'65 bugs. Not sure if my '67 will be any different though. I would prefer larger pictures and less grammatical errors. Possibly I could update it for you?
Anyway, for a newb installer such as myself I think larger, clearer pictures would have been a big help for me. Maybe more pictures that are referenced through the paragraphs with "as shown in figure 2" or something like that.
It would save you guys time in the long run from people like me calling and asking questions.
Just a thought but I'm still very happy so far! I paid a grip for the whole kit and just expected clear, and detailed instructions.
Going to put my tranny in and maybe in the next 2 weeks take it to my friend to weld things up!
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'67 Sunroof wrote:
Darn, was going to edit my original post with a timeline but the forum won't let me.
8-24-15:
Received one of my packages on Friday (8-21-15). Packaged very well. One of the ziplock baggies the nuts/bolts broke and had to find the screws in the box but got them all!
Everything was packaged very well otherwise!
The instructions are "okay". I was sent instructions for '49-'65 bugs. Not sure if my '67 will be any different though. I would prefer larger pictures and less grammatical errors. Possibly I could update it for you?
Anyway, for a newb installer such as myself I think larger, clearer pictures would have been a big help for me. Maybe more pictures that are referenced through the paragraphs with "as shown in figure 2" or something like that.
It would save you guys time in the long run from people like me calling and asking questions.
Just a thought but I'm still very happy so far! I paid a grip for the whole kit and just expected clear, and detailed instructions.
Going to put my tranny in and maybe in the next 2 weeks take it to my friend to weld things up!

Thanks for the feedback my friend. We send you 4 different emails with links to the instructions online with larger pictures and not a printed version.

Here they are - https://www.airkewld.com/kb_results.asp?cat=3

The pictures that are shown are for a 66 and later application. So it is for your application.

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a link to the brake installs. I wanted the rear air ride instructions but was able to find them.
I "think" I have an idea of how it all comes together. I am still reading up on other installs to guide me through it.
It's all good Very Happy
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'67 Sunroof wrote:
That is a link to the brake installs. I wanted the rear air ride instructions but was able to find them.
I "think" I have an idea of how it all comes together. I am still reading up on other installs to guide me through it.
It's all good Very Happy

All air ride installs - https://www.airkewld.com/kb_results.asp?ID=51

Please contact us if you have any questions, we are here to help.

Have the install checked by a professional when done to get their stamp of approval, for safety purposes.

67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Got it done this weekend:
Here are some pics:
Finished welding it all up and towed it back home...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It does go pretty low!!

And painted it all with two coats of POR-15. I LOVE the stuff! It dries rock hard and is self leveling. As long as you prep the metal properly it's great stuff.
There was minimal grinding but made for a good and tight fit.

Going to have all new studs pressed into the brake drums and should have them back soon!
Then I'm going to start on the air system. I work 6 days a week so I fit it in when I can. I'll keep posting pics as I go along! Front end will be here next week.
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my brake drums off and had new studs pressed in from the back (safer than screw-In ones) painted the drums with POR15 and got my call today that my front end will be here tomorrow!
Yeahhhh!
BMAN130
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to all the folks leaving feedback on this thread
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished up the install tonight for the most part. I would've liked to see a fuse included in the wiring package and I was missing a 90 degree push lock fitting so I had to take a trip into town😡..haha!
I noticed an inconsistency in the relay wiring diagram. Not all of the colors in the pigtail to the relay matched the diagram in the instructions. I Traced the wires to made sure I was connecting to the correct pin outs on the relay and soldered, heat shrunk all of my wires up!

Ok, ran all of the lines through the tunnel and double checked everything out before applying power:
Hooked up power and yeahhhhh!!! Compressor kicked on and filled the tank up!
I did the rear first (push both switches up) and BOOM!! Up she went!
Did the front and somehow when I pushed both up I got air hissing out of one of the switches? (I realized one of the switches was upside down in the bracket) no biggie though...
It appears that the right front works good but the left front goes up but gets "stuck" when up. Then I noticed the oil leaking from underneath the shock:(
Looks like I got a bad shock, but I am excited that it actually works and I'm almost done the install. I'm just tidying up wires now because I wanted to make sure it was working good before I zip-tied the wires up.
Just thought I would give you guys following an update as to where I am.
I sent an email out but it was late so I would imagine I'll get a response tomorrow sometime. Kind of a bummer but it is what it is!

67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an email back on Friday and he's going to ship out a new shock on Monday. Things are all still good! Only thing holding me back is PAINT!!! Sad
Here's a pic from Friday:
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the body on the chassis last night...kinda.
I didn't know you had to cut the heater ducts off about 3-4" to clear the trusses that were welded in. Went to sit the body down and it was "hung up" on something!?
Sorry I didn't get a picture but thought future purchasers should be aware of this small issue. It was not mentioned in the instructions. Sad
The BEST part is I have NO rubbing at full drop!!! Maybe it is because I have longer axles in the rear therefore it allows a little more track and lets the wheel/tire combo fully tuck? Either way, I am happier than a pig in shi!
fly. GTI.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a Stage 2 prebuilt beam with bad series brakes attached, and it's beautiful.

Pete was helpful in the ordering process, and everything arrives as expected.

I also ordered the rear air ride kit as well...which shipped right away.

Now I need to buckle down, and start working on the car.

Thanks Guys
usmc1345
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: What do you think about Airkewld? [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi Pete I was wondering if you guys still sold the LED taillights, I'm looking for a pair for my 63 bug. The all red ones. I tried looking on your site but it is a pain in the ass to use now in my opinion on my phone lol. Ty for your time.
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: What do you think about Airkewld? [email protected] Reply with quote

usmc1345 wrote:
Hi Pete I was wondering if you guys still sold the LED taillights, I'm looking for a pair for my 63 bug. The all red ones. I tried looking on your site but it is a pain in the ass to use now in my opinion on my phone lol. Ty for your time.

They are not available, sorry. Please send an email to [email protected] in regards to the phone application, tons of emails a month praising the phone interface. Would love to hear the challenges you faced.

usmc1345
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: What do you think about Airkewld? [email protected] Reply with quote

K ty. I will when I get to the shop Monday if I don't have any delivery's.
bluedot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you think about Airkewld? [email protected] Reply with quote

I had bought some 17" smoothies from Pete - after hearing pretty rough things cuz he has an ongoing feud with a friend of mine who runs a VW fabrication shop.

But I didn't let that stop me! I thought the wheels were very very cool - and I never let someones opinion change my own.

I ordered them. Very, very expensive like other Airkewld stuff. But I bit the bullet.

I received 3 of the wheels I ordered. (Yes, I needed 4.) A month passed with many emails and phone calls, and unfortunately I had scheduled time at a paint booth to get them painted. That time went and passed. I still only had 3.

I ended up sending them back. Pete took them back, but for the life of me, I can't understand why a company would send out a partial order and never finish the last one for a month.

It seems commonplace that shops take orders for products they don't have. Running really tight to their cash flow it seems, promising much and having issues that can mess it all up if the stars don't align right.

As for quality, etc. - The wheels were the heaviest things I have ever lifted. Unbelievable rotating weight bypassed their coolness. Glad I didn't use them.

But now, I am redoing my wide 5 discs, and I am afraid to buy from Airkewld. Thats why I'm here today, reading posts about those BAD brakes vs. CSP.

That's my story. Good luck with yours!
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fly. GTI. wrote:
Purchased a Stage 2 prebuilt beam with bad series brakes attached, and it's beautiful.

Pete was helpful in the ordering process, and everything arrives as expected.

I also ordered the rear air ride kit as well...which shipped right away.

Now I need to buckle down, and start working on the car.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the feedback my friend. I appreciate the business and look forward to see you smile next to your ride!

Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you think about Airkewld? [email protected] Reply with quote

bluedot wrote:
I had bought some 17" smoothies from Pete - after hearing pretty rough things cuz he has an ongoing feud with a friend of mine who runs a VW fabrication shop.

But I didn't let that stop me! I thought the wheels were very very cool - and I never let someones opinion change my own.

I ordered them. Very, very expensive like other Airkewld stuff. But I bit the bullet.

I received 3 of the wheels I ordered. (Yes, I needed 4.) A month passed with many emails and phone calls, and unfortunately I had scheduled time at a paint booth to get them painted. That time went and passed. I still only had 3.

I ended up sending them back. Pete took them back, but for the life of me, I can't understand why a company would send out a partial order and never finish the last one for a month.

It seems commonplace that shops take orders for products they don't have. Running really tight to their cash flow it seems, promising much and having issues that can mess it all up if the stars don't align right.

As for quality, etc. - The wheels were the heaviest things I have ever lifted. Unbelievable rotating weight bypassed their coolness. Glad I didn't use them.

But now, I am redoing my wide 5 discs, and I am afraid to buy from Airkewld. Thats why I'm here today, reading posts about those BAD brakes vs. CSP.

That's my story. Good luck with yours!

I appreciate your feedback.

There is no feud with your friend Charles Adams from Atomwork Eng.

It is no secret, we are priced at the top of the market. We make $40 per wheel so on a $325 retail price back when you purchased them, it isn't because we enjoy price gouging. But we do need to make a profit to last almost 15 years.

I don't recall exactly why we did not send the last one, I think your purchase was 18 months or so ago. It could of be a QC issue with a part, I can't really recall.

Your assumption is incorrect. We are a commissioned based business, which confuses some. We use their money to machine and fabricate parts for our clients. They are made well aware of this prior to and transaction, plenty of time to pass on the sale should they want to.

Yes, the 17" wheels are steel and billet aluminum which weigh in at 37lbs a piece. We have heard this is something that some do not like, some scenarios, it would be recommended not to run heavy wheels, in any case. I don't think you or the hundreds that have purchased these are road racing, rally racing or doing something similar where the weight would be counter acting performance gains. Their will be a first eventually.

Nice plug for the brake comparison, I encourage all to read this post if you are on the fence on brakes for your type 3.

I know, for a fact, you will never purchase from us again so making it sound like your researching brakes is foolish.

Transparency is the only way Airkewld and its team does business. If anyone likes the sound of that, give us a try. If not, enjoy your weekend!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: