Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Advice on starting point with 73 Bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to your fuel pump-the greasy one- It has a small push rod the runs on an eccentric cast into the end of the cam. It is plumbed to the oil galley. So best is to seal the leaks and re install the pump and rod- If you find a good one and want to use it, install the fuel line to the pump before you put the pump on as they are a bear to get right after.

There is also a small star head allen ahead of the pump that contains the final pressure relief for the oil galley- it will need a cleaning and the plunger and spring will be full of gunk.

Sounds like you are well on your way to a great bus adventure. Laughing

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone respond on the steering column issue please?

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried unbending the U shaped inserts a little? most of the time they are deformed from overtightening the screws. Early 74 uses the same switch, it's only the late ones with the integrated housing that are different.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks busdaddy, I will have a look. After examining the diagram it looks like I may be missing the signal switch retainer, I will take the steering wheel apart tomorrow and inventory what is on there.

The folks that stole the bus seemed to have a hard time hot wiring it (in my estimation) and decided make a mess of things. Funny thing is the bus was stolen 2 times in 6 months from the guy I bought it from Shocked Even funnier is that one of the heads had a dropped valve so it wasn't going anywhere fast!

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news... I happened to lose the one key that opened the doors on my bus and it fell off the key ring and is sitting on my drivers seat, the bus is in my driveway and not in the garage so I always lock it. Well, I can get into the engine compartment and open the engine hatch, is there any chance you guys know how to open the back window hatch from the inside? That is if I can get to it Rolling Eyes

I screwed up.

Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealfrogman wrote:
Bad news... I happened to lose the one key that opened the doors on my bus and it fell off the key ring and is sitting on my drivers seat, the bus is in my driveway and not in the garage so I always lock it. Well, I can get into the engine compartment and open the engine hatch, is there any chance you guys know how to open the back window hatch from the inside? That is if I can get to it Rolling Eyes

I screwed up.

Sounds like a job for your three year old nephew. Wink
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea but all of my nephews are big Sad

There is a kid that come over to swim in the pool, I will try to reach him.

I sealed the bus because it was in the driveway..... Rolling Eyes It works.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: