Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1959 Front Seats
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: 1959 Front Seats Reply with quote

I am putting together a pair of front seat frames for my 59 from a bunch of parts and have some questions. Are the drivers and passenger seats both the same? Also the seat back adjusters; are they both in the same location for both seats? And lastly there is a nylon "nub" on the seat rake adjuster, is there supposed to be the same "nub" on the opposite side as well? See photos.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks
Bruce Ebling
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 61 Bug the adjuster for the seat back is on the outside side of each seat (near doors) so they are mirror image in that respect rather than identical.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Seat Adjuster Reply with quote

Thanks! That is good to know so I don't assemble them backwards. Would you know if there needs to be a nylon "nub" on both sides of the seat?
Bruce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you thinking this plastic thing would be? I'll check my car

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Seat adjuster Reply with quote

In the second photo you can see a white circle that is a piece of plastic that is spring loaded. It snaps into the dimples cut into a matching round piece of metal as the adjuster is turned. I see the plastic "nub" on the adjuster side of the seat, but found none on the inside (tunnel) side of the seat frame.
Bruce
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Adjuster Reply with quote

MeeferMadness wrote:
Would you know if there needs to be a nylon "nub" on both sides of the seat?
Bruce

That nub acts as detent for the eccentric back rest adjuster. Both seats should have them
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1959 Front Seats Reply with quote

MeeferMadness wrote:

With the back rest adjuster mounted on the outside, this seat is for use on the Left side of the pan.
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Seat adjuster Reply with quote

I realize they are on each seat, but are they on both the door and tunnel side of each seat? In other words does each seat require one or two sets of the nub/springs?
Bruce
gulfvet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster Reply with quote

MeeferMadness wrote:
I realize they are on each seat, but are they on both the door and tunnel side of each seat? In other words does each seat require one or two sets of the nub/springs?
Bruce

on my 67 only one side
cbdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 58 bug the seats are the same with the back rest adjuster knob on the right hand side of the seat. This could be useful when the drivers seat wears I can just swap them around.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: