Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How much did u pay?!?!?!
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

how much did u pay for ur beetle, bus, ect....... i have a 1960 beetle and i got it for $800. but now i'm putting $1200 dallors into is so all in all i'm paying 2000 dallors for my beetle. how much did u pay??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

I paid $500.00 for my 1958 Deluxe Sunroof Microbus (SAMBA) it had a smashed nose and I got a pickup bed full of early bus middle seats, body trim, a 59 deluxe nose clip to fix the smashed one bunch of other misc bus doo dads, I looked like the "Beverly Hill Billies" hauling that stuff home!!!after installing the nose clip, we subtract all the extras I got in the deal,sold/traded them at swaps etc.. so now the Samba is paid for and I have about $1k in labor to put the nose on, after the adjustable beam and straight axel kit, I have right about $1,700.00 into it, the only parts I have to buy are the reproduction bumper trims for the pressed bumpers over in the UK. I have had it for about three years, colleted every part for it but the trims for the bumpers, I figure I'm still way ahead as these early Samba's are very Pricey, now if I can only stay focused and keep my tunnel vision!!!!
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

I am so jealous of you guys that get a whole car for what I paid to replace my top. I paid $4K for my vert with "all mechanical and body work complete". Well, $3K later I think that statement is now finally correct. If I knew how to do body, engine and upholstery work most of that $3K would have stayed in my pocket. Plus I spent another $1K in tools and parts since I hadn't worked on cars in 20 years - but I bought all the tools at the Englishtown flea market so I saved some $$ there. And I'm sure those tools and parts helped me avoid another $3K in repair costs from a garage. If I spend another 2 cents on that car I'll have to spend nights out in the back yard for a month.
NorCalNick
Ain't yo baby daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

il just mention the cars i have now.

65 bucks = 59 kombi
255 = 58 kombi
1000 = 60 single cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

I paid $2500.00 for my Westy 10 years ago. It also came with the floorless tent , childs cot and German westy rack.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type877
Samba Haiku Masta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

I paid $200 for my '66 walk-through 13-window deluxe 10 years ago. I got it from the second owner, and came with original engine, owner's manual, lots of bus literature, and accessories. I had to rebuild the motor, and it still needs some rust help. I know I am still way ahead as far as what it could be sold for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

$800. for my '60 panel
$0. for my '54 panel = priceless
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

I'm holding your 54 panel for ransom. i've got all of the good salvageable parts in a kleenex box .
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

surprise you needed something that big to hold it all- i assume it is STILL sitting there?
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

yeah, but rust never sleeps.
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

actually, i gotta say considering the conditions it has lived in since nixon was president, it ain't in THAT bad a shape.
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

Oh yeah my last Samba was a 65 21 window bench seat, I bought it for $700.00 and a telescope, the hippy wanted a telescope I guess??? I had transform build the center section and I rebuilt the reduction boxes and did final assembly, the motor was a balanced 1776cc with dual 36mm dellorto carbs, a local friend did the body and paintwork, the first job anyway, I hunted down a perfect set of Original Safaris,ambulance fans, thats when they were cheap!!! and found a sweet set of 15x4.5 fuch alloys for the front and 15x5.5 for the rear, had them fully polished and put some Pirelli 600 lo pro tires on them, slighty lowered with bus boys adjustable beam, it placed first in Luxury class at the Solvang Vintage Meet and a few seconds and a third, had the chance to get it shot for Hot Vw's but I didnt think it was nice enough to be in that great magazine, so I enjoyed for about 7 years put 76 k miles on it, drove to every Vw event as a daily driven Samba, it got hit by an insane driver on the right passenger cargo door area/B piller, was paid $7k for repairs I had a bout $4,500.00 into it and decided to sell it without the 1776 and rare Porsche Fuch Alloys, after a friend and I repaired the damage and repainted it, gave it a good detail and decided to sell it at the 95 Vw Classic, it sold fast for $11K, I later saw it again, thrashed the next year, so sad to see it beat up, but on to the next one
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

used beetle- $800 dallors
one month in the shop- $1200 dallors
driving your favorite car- $priceless
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fknbrkn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

you lucky bastards.

73 stupid beetle- $2500, then @ $1400 for front end work, brakes,etc. had typical rust behind the vents, shitty interior til the day i killed her

57 oval- $4800 from dealer. all OG except no W lid. @ 54000 OG kilometers, sould definately use a new interior

lowered 65- $3500 very clean, but soon discovered, she was very poorly put together, @ $7000 more, looks like shit, but mechanically sound
OG Velvet
Samba Family Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

70 standard beetle my Grandpa gave me in high school in 88. sold it for $400 to buy...

67 13 window walkthrough deluxe $500 in 1990.

had him ever since.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

Early in the seventies a 63 $125 drove for quite a while too.
Bug cowboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: How much did u pay?!?!?! Reply with quote

ú1000 on the Dub (in glorious Salmon Pink Smile )

Pumped ú475 into it so far, have another ú525 with and extra ú500 in savings, she's/he/its gonna be the pocket rocket Very Happy
Friedpotatoes
Addicted4life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first 65 bus = free bugged a friend

second 65bus the one i have now $100.00 Total worth it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jfpvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got mine for "$200." the taxman didnt get all of the 1200 i paid for it.
Tru-Dubs-Bri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my '65 for a mere $6k, yeah, it's a lot to pay for a VW, but at the time, it seemed like a good idea, i have since put over $1500 into her and she's only been to a shop twice. Since then, me or my friends have done the work on her to keep her on the road, thanks you guys, you know who you are!!!

TRU-DUBS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: