Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics)
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outatime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

My son says it will be alright, I think it will be a little rough with some splinters.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm not sure if I should power wash and stain it or tear it out and trash it. I'm going with the later.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

It all depends on what you intend to do with it.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Outatime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

2 kids and a dog will be riding back there. Looking at a bench seat replacement. I didn't expect to find this when I lifted the old stock lower seat. I did wonder why it sat so high. Laughing
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

Why is your shift rod above the tunnel?
Outatime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

It has a 3 rib bus trans in it. You either have to tilt the engine and trans down and use a u joint or you run it above tunnel.
oldcrow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

I took the back seat upper apart and just used the tube frame of it and welded some diamond plate to it as for the bottom seat I used 1/1 angle and cut the diamond plate to match the bottom dimensions. I intend to us 2 boat seats taken apart and the bolted to the respecting halves. it wont be too bad of a setup considering I had a little diamond plate left over and I plan on using $30.00 seats from Academy. I plan on using "ammo" boxes on the sides as an arm rest and backrest stop. Good luck with any of your ideas and post them so everyone can STEAL them. LOL

Outatime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

Very nice work oldcrow !

I want to add a suspension bench of some size, I'd like to move it back a little if possible, for a little more leg room for the kids and dog.

I'm going to remove the deck/backseat tomorrow and get a better idea of what will fit. I like your idea of using the stock tube frame.

Pics to follow...
Nectar1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

Maybe something like this?

http://nectarlabs.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/rear-seat-storage-compartment-01.jpg
Outatime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

That's pretty cool Nectar1, do you have anymore info ?

Nectar1 wrote:
Maybe something like this?

http://nectarlabs.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/rear-seat-storage-compartment-01.jpg
D Rock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

Take you son for a ride to the store and let him sit back there...by the time you get home he'll be asking when the new seat is getting there.
Nectar1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a more comfortable rear seat (pics) Reply with quote

What do you wanna know?

14ga CRS construction, formed/welded base

3/4" Baltic birch seat base w/ foam & Naugahyde cover; bolstered on sides and middle

3 - King starboard internal supports/dividers that are removable (the framework will support the seat without the dividers) same material used in boats and cutting boards.

2 - 12VDC outlets.

Pretty much can be made however you like with regards to color and upholstery. I'd recommend raw and paint or powder coat when it arrives since its bulky and likely will get some road rash during shipping.

Fits perfectly in place of the rear seat bottom and allows the seat back to fold down near flat for a usable luggage tray.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: