Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wanna hear my Amazonas Motorcycle at idle
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Wanna hear my Amazonas Motorcycle at idle Reply with quote

For Shift's & Giggle's what an Amazonas Motorcycle sounds like.
I figure most have never seen one let alone heard one at idle.
So for pure enjoyment here ya go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DoE5NGSDwU
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanna hear my Amazonas Motorcycle at idle Reply with quote

I see the thread has had 361 views so I Hope you guy's enjoyed the running of the Amazonas!

Turns out the bike is more rare than we thought. Rider Magazine did an article on it in the Retrospective Section in their June 2015 issue. Between their research and ours, this bike is believed to be the only All Amazonas bike that made it into the US from what we have seen to date. The handful plus of others that were imported by an importer out of Texas were sold as kit bikes (came in 3 sections at $1500 a pop) and it was up to the buyer to get a special construction (SPCN) certificate to obtain a title. This one is titled as an Amazonas and registered in Ca since 1984.

I was going to put a sidecar on this bike. Kinda of nice it has
reverse as that would be a huge plus to do it for sure.

BUT! Too many other projects so I am going to put it in the Classified section for sale here on The Samba to see if there is any interest in the VW Vehicle World for something VW like that is a bit different.

Again hope you enjoyed seeing one and hearing one at idle!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: