Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

L345, show your light grey busses!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.crew cab 1960
.11windows 1961
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is gorgeous, awesome setup, what is the canoe made of? Cool
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
kiki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiberglass
.crew cab 1960
.11windows 1961
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nebkv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

1964 L345 & 1961 L31 Smile
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

Here's my 60. My dream VW

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

I love it! The old grey color sure is cool, it is the anti bling. I mean everyone loves the other colored buses but this basic color is just sweet even though people say to me "are you going to paint it?" I think non bus people don't see it the way I do, they want it shiny and new looking. They want to see reds and blues and chrome, grey isn't the first choice for these folks. Laughing
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

not mine, but it is arguably the best original paint light grey crewcab out there?

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
junichi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
I love it! The old grey color sure is cool, it is the anti bling. I mean everyone loves the other colored buses but this basic color is just sweet even though people say to me "are you going to paint it?" I think non bus people don't see it the way I do, they want it shiny and new looking. They want to see reds and blues and chrome, grey isn't the first choice for these folks. Laughing

I hear that. If my OG paint won't come through, L345 is the only choice for a respray!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:

My favorite colors in general are grey and blue. I lean more towards grey though..... When I saw my single for sale covered in postal yellow with basically only the M code in the original color and that big ass word GREY stamped in it, I was sold. I totally agree.

I will say that most average people won't care for your faded out grey colors in general. It just makes them think of primer. Trust me Red, they notice this color when it is fresh and deliberate looking. People say they like me truck, so I ask- What do you like most about it? Most people say they love the color! When they see it in it's glory, it really stands out against modern metallic greys. After all, grey is STILL a popular color for new cars. But they all look the same, so people get jaded to it. Then POW they see L345 and they just stare.

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

Are light grey buses and trucks the only vw's that came with light grey hubcaps? I see many more of the dove grey caps, and I think they came on several different colored buses, is this correct?
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

No, dove grey only came on dove blue buses. All other commercials after 58 got light grey caps unless Mcoded for chrome caps.
squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

My old 60 single cab. An original Vancouver delivered truck.

mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

nice!

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

VERY nice..

Too bad you don't still have it?
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

sled wrote:
No, dove grey only came on dove blue buses. All other commercials after 58 got light grey caps unless Mcoded for chrome caps.
Huh, that's hard to believe because no one ever has the light grey for sale but you see the dove grey caps all the time and they re pop the dove grey ones but not the (supposedly) way more common light grey? Doesn't seem right to me. Here is a light grey double door swivel seat bus to keep the thread going. Cool

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
tyzel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
not mine, but it is arguably the best original paint light grey crewcab out there?

That is nice looking! This OG paint DC ain't bad either though Wink (also not mine)

squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

sled wrote:
VERY nice..

Too bad you don't still have it?

Sold a while back

Last edited by squareweave on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

Here's an OG paint DC I snapped a pic of at OCTO June 2014...Wide 5 Sprint Stars, Westy rack and hoops & canvas = Bad-O-Dee! Very Happy

I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

RHD Notch wrote:
Here's an OG paint DC I snapped a pic of at OCTO June 2014...Wide 5 Sprint Stars, Westy rack and hoops & canvas = Bad-O-Dee! Very Happy

I spy a real nice Sundial in the background. (hee hee it's mine!) Am I supposed to have light grey caps since it started out as a panel?
'60 Single cab
'70 Bitchen 3-speed Schwinn

Last edited by suebug on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
tyzel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: L345, show your light grey busses! Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
sled wrote:
Huh, that's hard to believe because no one ever has the light grey for sale but you see the dove grey caps all the time and they re pop the dove grey ones but not the (supposedly) way more common light grey? Doesn't seem right to me. Here is a light grey double door swivel seat bus to keep the thread going. Cool

What, look here man......
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211601151

And Sled is right, only dove blue had dove grey caps, all other's had light grey.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: