Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

James5 - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: James5
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 18, 2017
bus buddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: James5 - [email protected] Reply with quote

New ad here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=77989
He took $950 from me and another guy last year for the same bus. I had to fight to get the bus back and it took 3 months - flaked on the title for a while too.
When I finally got the bus it was FAR worse than described and the repair sections he had promised were not included.

THIS GUY IS DISHONEST - PLEASE DO NOT GET BURNED LIKE I DID
[email protected]
steverad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: [email protected] james Froggatt (frogman) Reply with quote

Watch out for this crook, I bought a hazet toolbox for 760 and he send me the toolbox with wrong screw driver. He dosn't respond to emails or anything. He is low life that takes advantage of poeple. Do not buy from him
James5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: [email protected] james Froggatt (frogman) Reply with quote

On 4/23/05 Steve Rad emails me and his first commet is that he received the box and thanks. I responded on 4/26/05(sorry Steve I don't check my emails Everyday). Now he says that the Hazet scew driver is a 815.1 and it should be a 813-3. He says that the correct driver is only worth $75 but now the box I sold him is now only worth $500. Anyone who wants the real story ask Steve Rad (bus buddy) for the photo of the box I sold him or ask me and I will send you a photo. This was a complete dent free, rust free box with all original Hazet tools for $760 insured and shipped. I would have gladly refunded the $75 in exchange for the 815.1 driver until he threatened to come to my house and make me sorry that we did busiess. If anyone wants to see the emails just ask.
Thanks James
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
James5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: [email protected] - James Froggat Reply with quote

I sold this 65 walkthrough bus for $950(try to find one for this price). It took 3 months because it went to the UK, not my fault. I did receive two wire transfer for $950 that same day, from Mark from the UK. I emailed this Mark and told him to check with his bank because I received two payments. Mark told me to keep the extra $950 because it did not come from him. After I received two different shipping addresses I figued out that I was dealing with two Marks from the UK that made two wire transfers of the same amount on the same day. Could anyone else have made this same mistake or am I just a scammer? The other Mark received his full refund in one week or else you would see a complaint from him. I have sold over five cars to the over seas and hundreds of items over the last five years, with only two complaints. I also have over 150 posisitve feedbacks on ebay to show how honest Iam. Please view my ebay profile under the user name of frogman70. Thanks for listening. James5
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Farfromstock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: berg anti-shocker Reply with quote

looks great, best deal around new in package for 35 shipped. no complaints here....have a great day... Very Happy
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This person advertised a 383 Distributor Cap as follows: TheSamba.com Ad - NOS 25 hp cap bosche. Cap was shown in the picture in a Bosch Box.. Cap arrived it was Bremi replacement cap. No big deal but there was OBVIOUS charlatanism going on in this deal from the start.

In correspondence after the deal he claims the Bosch in the Ads subject line meant and I quote: "The Bosch is to show it's for a Bosch distributor, not an Empi or china or 009" Oh man, thanks for that.. I might never have known the Bosch Cap (which was Bremi) was for a Bosch Distributor, I mean 383 caps look so similar to so many other caps (NOT). Also.... If the word BOSCHE (misspelled even.. duh) in the subject line of the Ad meant that is was for a Bosch distributor why didnt it just SAY that?

As I said.. Bremi cap is fine, I have several I just think that advertisers should deliver what they ACTUALLY advertise, however this person obviously had switcheroo intent in mind when he placed the ad and for that reason alone I say.. Warning, don't deal with this person, his word and the info in his ads is NO GOOD.

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
James5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This cap was NOS for a Bosch distributer For $40! I have never had an NOS Bosch cap before, so after he complained I did a search on this site for one and found them to be $150-200. So I told him with that price he may have wanted to ask question and at that point he got nasty and threatened me. He told me that he could buy these caps all day long for $35. When I asked for an add to show this, here just got nasty again. He just thought he was going to rip someone off for a $200 cap and that's why he didn't ask questions. If you deal with this guy please have him ask all questions before buying so you don't get threatened like me. I have been a member of this site sense 1996 and my eBay profile now has over 300 happy customers with 0 negative feedback. frogman70
Sorry if there is any spelling errors in this, but i am not an English teacher, just some who likes VW's
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James5 wrote:
This cap was NOS for a Bosch distributer For $40! I have never had an NOS Bosch cap before, so after he complained I did a search on this site for one and found them to be $150-200. So I told him with that price he may have wanted to ask question and at that point he got nasty and threatened me. He told me that he could buy these caps all day long for $35. When I asked for an add to show this, here just got nasty again. He just thought he was going to rip someone off for a $200 cap and that's why he didn't ask questions. If you deal with this guy please have him ask all questions before buying so you don't get threatened like me. I have been a member of this site sense 1996 and my eBay profile now has over 300 happy customers with 0 negative feedback. frogman70
Sorry if there is any spelling errors in this, but i am not an English teacher, just some who likes VW's

Price has nothing to do with it. The ad read that is was an NOS Cap, and that it was Bosch and it was represented in the picture in a Bosch Box.... what else is a buyer supposed to think. Your ebay feed back has no bearing here as Ebay requires you to act on the up and up. Pull the shit you did there and you would be banned in no time at all.

Bottom line. You're a crook, who pulled a switch, with a fake photo of a Bremi cap in a Bosch box. You got away with it, but in life there are always implications and this is one of them your called out for the thief you are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is our UNALTERED Communication.. can someone tell me where I threatened this 7th grade flunking Cleetus? Top is the most recent communication:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Apr 23, 2011, at 12:45 AM, "Retrohomes" wrote:

Dude.. seriously..... dont pretend. Here is the Subject Line of your Ad!

TheSamba.com Ad - NOS 25 hp cap bosche

I mean OK.. you're an idiot and didnt even spell Bosch correctly but yeah.. you said BOSCH RIGHT in The TITLE of Your AD..... see its down there on the email....

Oh, and if you go to the Ad now on the link:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1090388
it's still semi-active where it says: (and this is cut and pasted RIGHT from the Ad)

The ad for NOS 25 hp cap bosche Price: $65 shipped has been deleted.

This typically means the item is sold.

So yeah.. Ok.. your right you never said it was Bosch... you said it was BOSCHE............ I wasnt looking for anything.. if I HAD been looking for something I would have told you.. But what Im telling you is that I know your game... and yeah whatever 25.00 is no big deal to me, I have LOADS of Bremi caps..... no big.... YOU advertised this as Bosch..... and it wasnt. So YOU... are the sketchy one in this deal. Nice story, you put it there to say what distributor it is... fucking HILARIOUS.... whew thanks for that.. I might have bought a 383 cap which looks nothing like ANY other VW/Porsche cap and tried to use it on my Chinese made 009? Ha! Seriously, you should be laughing right now cause that is funny.

Whatever, 25.00 aint shit, but I just thought I would let you know I can see through your BS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Froman" <[email protected]>
To: "Retrohomes"
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - NOS 25 hp cap bosche

Nowhere did it say it was a bosch cap. The Bosch is to show it's for a Bosch distributor, not an Empi or china or 009 , that will all work in a 25hp motor but this cap will work on a Bosch dist. I don't no what the box # is for. Maybe if yr that particular you may want to ask a question or two and you could have all the info you need. $40 is cheap, can u send me the link so if I need one I can save some cash. Thank

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 22, 2011, at 8:30 PM, "Retrohomes" wrote:

Cap arrived.... its NOT Bosch.... you probably shouldn’t advertise it as Bosch in two different places... if you know its not Bosch.. The cap actually has a Bremi logo in two different places.... Its Bremi replacement.. Thats fine.. its a little steep for Bremi..... thats usually in the 40.00 range and I can get them ALL Day.... The box is for a 2232... which is the Big Cap on the ZV PAU Distributor used in the early to mid 60's..... kinda a sketchy deal all the way round...

David Butterfly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message ----- From: "Froman" <[email protected]>
To: retrohoms
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - NOS 25 hp cap bosche

You can use this email address
[email protected]

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117
James5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see his nastiness and I would gladly give a refund. He only included emails that he wanted. eBay feedback works that same as here, look for your self.
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James5 wrote:
As you can see his nastiness and I would gladly give a refund. He only included emails that he wanted. eBay feedback works that same as here, look for your self.

This represents the entire set of emails between us... if you have more, feel free to present them.. but as their aren't more. You wont.

With Ebay I can file a grievance that the item I received was not as pictured or described.. an impartial 3rd party would listen to both our cases and a decision would be made. In that situation you would be fucked, as you mis-represented in the title, ad and picture what you were selling. There is no such process on The Samba. In additon, as the seller you would not be allowed to give negative feedback of a buyer.

Bottom Line, Buyers..... DO NOT deal with this Person, he mis-represents his items OFTEN, see above Feedback also.

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117

Last edited by 52HoffmanSplit on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
James5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw no markings on the cap an you got the cap in the photo. Sorry for the missunderstanding and I will still give a refund
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James5 wrote:
I saw no markings on the cap an you got the cap in the photo. Sorry for the missunderstanding and I will still give a refund

3 Months later? Little late buddy, I think tagging you as a crook in perpetuity on the Samba is good enough for me.

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: