Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

help! my buggy don't like wet roads!
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
carbaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: help! my buggy don't like wet roads! Reply with quote

Here's the issue. When ever I drive on wet roads my buggy will die. I've descovered the problem is that i'm getting some water in the dizzy. What i'm wondering is how do I fix it. I've though of just putting a ring of sillicone in there to help but there's got to be a better way.
Thanks in advance
Nicksan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Place a small piece of rubber, like maybe an old innertube, around the dizzy connection and zip tie it into place. The silicone around the bottom of the cap outta work or even just around the outside where the cap meets the body of the distributor. They used to sell these rubber boots that went over the distributor and they were such crap, I bought like 4 of them cuz they were 2$ each and ended up throwing them all away, lol.
carbaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks I just siliconed it so well see if that helps. I hope it does!
bajaherbie
Samba Sooner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can also use wd-40 under your plug wire connections. at the sparkplug and the dist. don't forget to the coil wire too and a little on the points inside the dist. hope this helps.
funbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: buggy rain probs Reply with quote

Laughing Hello we are a company who makes excursions with buggy's in the Dominican Republic for more then 15 years. We have been driving in heavy rains, tropical storms, etc. We have some buggy's like the one that I drive and they cannot see rain at all. Because the engine compartment isn't separated from the wheels. Solution with plywood you make a division under your fiber body, between wheels and engine, the plywood is of course sealed with fiberglass. You will have fewer problems. You can also make from water hose covers for your ignition cables. If you want a can send you some pictures.Justput a plastic bag around ignition cap Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rudy's Ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use dielectric grease on all high voltage connections (spark plugs dist. cap & coil) and have a electronic points conversion. This year was very wet in El-mirage area and never had any water problems. It was the most fun I ever had, blazing threw the mud pudles some times up to three feet deep. The dielectric grease is a hot tip from my jet ski racing days it works great and is availble at auto parts stores sometimes called silicone grease or tune up grease. the only prob is the stuff can get a little messy, silicone is some gooie stuff, dont get it all over the points in the dizzy, a very small dab on the ware block of the points, thats it for the inside of the dizzy.

good luck
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: