Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: Feb. 4, 2024
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

BenT Syncro wrote:
I see the date is one day off on the 'event schedule'. I'm assuming mods can fix that. The correct are is 01/24/16 as the subjectline suggests. The event calendar has the 25th which is the wrong date:

You were looking at 2015... and I failed to put Burninvan under the 2016 list that was way down at the bottom when I last updated it. Apologies for that! Embarassed

Anywho, calendar has been updated; 2015 event list has now been replaced with 2016. Cool
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see bURNINGvAN 2016 listed in the "Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs" forum. Should probably be posted both here and there, no?
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

ThankYouJerry wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but I don't see bURNINGvAN 2016 listed in the "Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs" forum. Should probably be posted both here and there, no?

No.

"2) If the event is posted in this forum, do not cross-post over in the main Shows/Event Forum, and vice versa."
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=490501

Wink
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TequilaSunSet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Not gonna make it this year... post plenty of pics Smile
1967 Bug- Gone
1964 Euro Sunroof Bug- Gone
1969/72/63 Sunroof Bug- Gone
1975 Brazilian Bug in the Philippines 🇵🇭- New to me
digthemlows
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Any new information or details? I requested to join the Facebook vanagon owners page a while back but its still pending... We are hoping to come and will have young kids...wanted to see if there are plans...also if anyone was selling anything ?
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

digthemlows wrote:
Any new information or details? I requested to join the Facebook vanagon owners page a while back but its still pending... We are hoping to come and will have young kids...wanted to see if there are plans...also if anyone was selling anything ?

bURNINGvAN is on January 24, 2016 at Ocean Beach in San Francisco. Supposed to start around noon but people always show up early. Just look for the group of vans.

What name are you applying for on FB? Have you checked your FB Messenger? If you don't have Vanagon content in the unblocked portion of your profile, you will get a "challenge" sent via Messenger. This is a procedure done to trip up spammers. You can PM me, of you don't wish to publish your name here.
warmblood58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Damn, hope I can get the syncro running between now and then. Leaving for Seattle on Friday and then back late Saturday or early Sunday. Should be fun!
digthemlows
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Facebook is doug vincent and my westy is the main photo on my page... I haven't got any messages yet.... Let me know... And we'll be there Sunday
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Doug, you're in now. My message to you is probably in FB version of a spam bucket, called 'filtered messages'. "Van O Rama" has a 'friend request' from Mrs. V. I'll take care of that later.

Hope to see you both on Sunday! We are expecting rain on Friday & Saturday, but Sunday is supposedly rain free! Dress for cold weather. They are forecasting 46F-55F. If there's any wind, it will be bURNINGvAN weather. Maybe we can have a bonfire again!🔥
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Hoping to make it this year - but yesterday spotted drips of DOT4 on the floor under the steering wheel. Attendance depends on which bit's gone south and spares availability...
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

fxr wrote:
Hoping to make it this year - but yesterday spotted drips of DOT4 on the floor under the steering wheel. Attendance depends on which bit's gone south and spares availability...

Bring the Vespa!
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

I'll be there & looking forward to it!
This is the first year I've been able to go!
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

BenT Syncro wrote:
fxr wrote:

Bring the Vespa!

Ordered new reservoir and grommets yesterday, and received them this pm together with a very welcome minty chocolate cookie. Hopefully between showers I can get that sorted tomorrow, and so will see you there, together with a Vespa on a motorcycle rack - a little test to ensure we don't break anything with this teetering-on-the-edge load. Wink

Note to self - investigate coil spring spacers to give a bit of lift to the back...
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Got our white turd all ready for Sunday's get together. So, unless something happens between now and then, we'll see you then.

Craig
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Working on my recently acquired Syncro. Damned battery died while I was away on a cruise. I will be loading up stainless steel tanks and ladders from Desert Fox for those who are curious what they look like. There will be other items as well. Look for the white van with the tiny bURNINGvAN sticker on the back window. DF ladder hanging off the back. Tube bumper in rear and GW plate bumper up front. Anybody wanna trade? Or sell a front VC bumper or rear GW bumper? I know. Wishful thinking.
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Trade for some smoked salmon? No? oh well. I'll be serving a Salmon dip in my rig. Look for a white '90 full camper with a SF giants sticker on the back window.

Craig
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

cmayna wrote:
Trade for some smoked salmon? No? oh well. I'll be serving a Salmon dip in my rig. Look for a white '90 full camper with a SF giants sticker on the back window.

Who's bringing bagels?
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Wish I could have made it.
Looking forward to pics!
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Here's some pics I took. Around 2pm, I counted 78 rigs. Great turn out.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Craig
warmblood58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: bURNINGvAN, San Francisco Ocean Beach: January 24, 2016 Reply with quote

Nice, thanks for the pics. Some very sweet rigs there!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 14

Jump to: