Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Interior LED ribbon lighting and accent mood lighting Photos
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronsmithis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha VanMorrison,

First off welcome to the asylum,glad you found the Samba,great group/people. I guess you want to know how to wireup your LED's. Here's how I did mine. Pop the top and remove the plastic shroud that covers the pop top latches. On the left once you remove the cover you'll see a hole that goes down the pillar. Next remove the florescent light fixture. You'll need some wire and you have to snake the wires from the light fixture towards the front to the hole by the pillar. Once that's done,splice the wires into the light fixture reinstall. Now you have power running from the pillar and you can use really thin wire,I used telephone wire actually. You need to run it towards the back and tuck it under the plastic moulding,this is why you want to use thin wire. I ran mine back to the hinges where I hooked it up to the LED strip. I also have a remote controller that I hid under the latch cover.

I hope that explains it,if not let me know and I'll post a couple of pics which might help.

Cheers,Ron

Very Happy Very Happy Please don't hate me cause I drive a Eurovan Very Happy Very Happy
Ginkgoglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and yes, any pictures would be greatly appreciated since you are taking with an electrical idiot.

So both LED ribbons wire into the fluorescent fixture or one to the dome and one to the fluorescent? I want to do both the colored and warm white strips just like you did and am hoping I can do this without soldering. I am copying you! Very Happy

Lana
Zero419
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050X1NUS/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details

So if I only want the mood lighting, I don’t need to purchase anything else to hook it up?
(Other than an inline fuse.)
Thanks
Zero419
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered it, hope it comes in and I can get it installed before the 6th
Zero419
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got them in the mail and installed them.
They are neat.

I have them hiding in the spice rack and then they are exposed around the rest of the roof line. I wish I could hide them all the way around. I may just run it back in forth in the spice rack.

The 3M sticky back does not work to well. I cleaned the mating surface on the van, and it started coming down minutes after application.

Scale of 1-10, 1 being bad, I give them a 4 for now.
bbaca75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Dimmer Reply with quote

My only concern with this is what if you lose the controller? Is there a way to also have a stationary dimmer just in case you can't find the controller? I know myself. I'll misplace it somewhere stupid.
Summers420us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior LED ribbon lighting and accent mood lighting Ph Reply with quote

I know this is a very old post, but for those that have installed, how did you find the product? Are the LEDs still working? Did you get the 3M tape to stick.

For the OP or anyone else that installed in a Eurovan. Can we see some closeups of your solution on where and how you mounted to pop top and to bottom?
Summers420us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior LED ribbon lighting and accent mood lighting Ph Reply with quote

Well...I just purchased and went for it. Took me a while to hide the wiring but I had the whole thing installed in one evening. I went with a kit that had two 15 foot rolls and cut to fit so I would go fully around ring on pop top. Fits great.

I hid this controller under the tops latch cover which meant extra wiring... But worth it. Remote sensor is on end of a wire so the box could be hidden. And the sensor is only barely visible.

A note about the 3m double sided tape. If u are not careful to remove backing you can actually lift tape from strip. This leaves a sticky residue on the strip that can be mistaken for tape and I wonder if the person above that had tape failure had this happen to them. It almost happened to me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: