Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

modok - [email protected] - Glen Urban
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: modok
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: modok - [email protected] - Glen Urban Reply with quote

Glen agreed to do some work to correct a sketchy machine shop repair on my Okrasa crankshaft. It could not have gone smoother. I sent the stuff out, he inspected it, repaired it, and sent back perfect parts. I was never wondering if or what was happening, and it was really nice to work with someone who knows VW engines, and took the time to describe his repair process and the reasoning behind it.
I only wish he wasn't so far away. Thanks a ton!
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was wrong with it and what got fixed?
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had sent it to him as I realized that the dowels were short, only reaching 4.5-5.5mm into the flywheel, and there were two styles of dowel. I really, really didn't want to risk bungling the dowel install, and nobody here (in a major industrial city Rolling Eyes ) sounded confident to do it.
Glen made the discovery that the dowel holes in the flywheel were .330" and proposed fixing with 11/32 dowels. Turned out my local machine shop had taken the easy route when fitting the new dpr flywheel, I had asked that they ream the two holes that appeared to be off slightly. Instead they drilled them all oversize. Fixed now! The flywheel is now a mild press fit, and I need to use the wedge mate puller to remove it.
nogoodwithusernames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: modok - [email protected] - Glen Urban Reply with quote

Would gladly deal with Glen again. I sent him a crank and flywheel to match-dowel, he was quick to communicate through the whole process keeping me up to date with progress and setbacks(Due mostly to my old stock flywheel, not his work!)
His work is priced fairly, I ended up paying more to ship everything UPS than he charged for the excellent work he did.

-Derek
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: modok - [email protected] - Glen Urban Reply with quote

Thanks Glen, the 78mm crank will suit my sweep the floor needs perfect. Dan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: