Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mark Goddard - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: jackbombay
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 15, 2023
mtbiker62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Mark Goddard - [email protected] Reply with quote

Pop Top Lift Struts

Mark Goddard is "the man" for these pop top shocks.
He makes an adapter bracket, provides two different strength struts (regular for the usual Westy pop top; stronger for those with racks/canoes/kayaks on top. Plus he provides the stainless hardware and installation instructions.

Bob Stevens
'87 Syncro Westy
Vitonam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Vanagon POP TOP SHOCKS Reply with quote

This kit Mark has developed is TERRIFIC! Quality parts and installation is easy. My wife is now willing to raise and lower the top. What more could a guy ask for? Thanks for making Westy camping life a little easier Mark!
Kab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Mark's Pop top struts are the Bomb. Reply with quote

I put these in myself and the install was very well documented, even the pitfalls. I carry two surfboards and a kayak on the roof, and with the racks and the solar panel, the top is now easy enough to lift that a girl can do it.
No more olympic weight lifter routine. Woo Hoo, Thank you Mark!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
BillWYellowstone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark has a fantastic kit, and being close by, I elected to visit and watch him install. He was accomodating enough to leave his bike fest in town to eet me at the house and get it doone, then turned me on to a great campsite up in the NFS near his home.

Top is now a snap to get up and down.

5 of 5 stars!
euro911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just fabricated a roof rack from aluminum Unistrut, installed a couple of solar panels and a couple Amateur Radio antennas on the pop top on my Westy - yep, it's harder to put up now Sad

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I was thinking about installing some struts and ran across a web site where a gentleman has posted several mods he's done to his Westy, including Mark's strut kit. He mentioned that Mark was here on the Samba, but that's all.

Does Mark have a web site where I can order a kit?
'70 Karmann Ghia Coupe
'84 Vanagon Westfalia Camper ("Eileen")
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would email him directly through his ad here and ask about this other product:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=798951

He has a website listed in his profile page (linked at top of this thread) but it just looks like a blog/place for his poptop struts.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
euro911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done deal, just got finished ordering a Heavy Duty kit from him Very Happy

Thanks !
'70 Karmann Ghia Coupe
'84 Vanagon Westfalia Camper ("Eileen")
kpbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mark Goddard - [email protected] Reply with quote

Recently had the pleasure of installing Mark's 'dual shock' kit on my '87 Westy. I actually purchased the kit from another Samba member here through the classifieds. The package sat on my shelf for several months before I finally had time to tackle the project. When I opened the package I discovered that it was missing the hardware (nuts/bolts/washers/ball mounts). I contacted the seller and he couldn't remember if he had seen them, so on a whim I sent Mark and email asking if I could purchase the missing parts. He promptly responded with an offer to mail them to me at no cost! I received the parts quickly and the installation was a breeze.

I can absolutely recommend this shock kit-- with the heavy duty shocks installed I can easily pop the roof loaded with: Yakima roof bars + Thule roof box loaded with camping/biking gear + 50W solar panel w/ mounts. Before installing the kit, this would have been nearly impossible without 2 people plus some serious weightlifter impersonations Mad

Thanks Mark!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: