Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Has this happened to you? (pop top related question)
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Has this happened to you? (pop top related question) Reply with quote

Since my canvas was ripped when I removed it I am kind of guessing how everything goes back together. I am having some problems getting the canvas to go all the way down to the bus top. See pictures.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Any thoughts of how I could remedy this?

More pics for reference, its just the one spot that doesnt reach and I have the same amount of fabric around the top.

Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Has this happened to you? (pop top related question) Reply with quote

Westfalia Pop Top
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Has this happened to you? (pop top related question) Reply with quote

Tcash wrote:
Westfalia Pop Top

Thanks for the links but nothing really that useful at this point.

I am more wondering if I could lower the top a bit then screw the canvas down and maybe the canvas will stretch a bit?? Sounds stupid but im kinda irritated the fit is so tight. I figured there would be a bit more slack at the bottom.
74westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Has this happened to you? (pop top related question) Reply with quote

I did my canvas recently. Lower the top by about 200mm and hold up with a suitable prop. Them fix the canvas with the strip and screws. Raise the top and it will be tight but the canvas stretches ok.

Craig
sodbuster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Has this happened to you? (pop top related question) Reply with quote

when I replaced my canvas I used a couple of 3 ft 1x2 boards to hold the top part way open so I could attach the bottom portion of the fabric. It worked great.
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Has this happened to you? (pop top related question) Reply with quote

Ditto on propping the top a little lower than fully up to attach the canvas at the bottom. You *want* a little stretch in the material when the top is up.
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Has this happened to you? (pop top related question) Reply with quote

Great thats what I wanted to hear, I was disappointed when I had it fully popped up and the fabric was just a little short from reaching the top. Ill post pics here or in my build thread when I am done!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: